• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trading in Melee

skyler123456789

Smash Apprentice
im planning on trading in my copy of melee when i went to pick up brawl. then i started thinking about how weird its gonna be, trading in a game ive been playing for 7 years. Melee has given me countless memories, brought strangers together, and even brought some friends apart. how will you feel trading in the ex-best game of all time?

Wtfwasthat

Smash Journeyman
I personally wouldnt, Melee was my favorite game of all time since it first came out. If you plan on trading in melee and another game to get brawl for $10, you have to trade in 2 Wii games not gamecube. If your just trading it in for money dont do it. Gamestop will give you $2 for it and IMO its worth alot more than that

R. Olivaw

Smash Cadet
Yeah Melee is a keeper. I still have the N64 Smash Bros. so it's like a growing family.

leeray666

Smash Cadet
Why? They're completely different games. Keep your Melee, you'll only regret it if you sell it, and most probably end up re-purchasing it.

Best101

Smash Ace
Dude Melee is not some Madden 07 or Call of Duty 2, these are the games your trade after 1 year. You don't trade games like Melee. You should put Melee on a pedestal and keep it there for the rest of time. Melee is like Gold in the gaming world.

Cepheus

Smash Cadet
KEEP MELEE!!!!

the store will give you something like $10-$15....and they sell it for $40-$45 USED!!!!

SFJake

Smash Apprentice
Completely depends. I think SSB64 is different enough to value keeping, but Melee? Again, depend. If you are that attached to advanced techniques, keep it. If you don't care about them, there is no point to have melee over Brawl.

Do note that this is in my opinion.

KEEP MELEE!!!!

the store will give you something like $10-$15....and they sell it for $40-$45 USED!!!!
Then don't sell it to the store, duh. Sell it directly to someone else or over ebay, though I don't know if you'd get a nice price here either.

Cepheus

Smash Cadet
The store will rip you off always...

Basically, if you still like the game, keep it.
The only case where you would trade or sell to GS or EB would be if you are low on cash and hate the game.
that is my approach to trade-ins and such.

Darkslash

Smash Master
keep Melee. Really keep it. Its like the Game that got Smash Bros into tournament status and help shed the "Kid games only" title for Nintendo :laugh:

streetballa2

Smash Rookie
keep melee theyll give u like $4 and no1s gonna even buy it, might as well keep ti on display or somethin, like put it in a frame

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Dont trade it in because youll get like max $5-10, just keep it for memorys and if later on in time you ever want to play it again

ConeZone

Smash Ace
i am not trading my copy in for i will eventually play melee again one day...melee was such a great game, why would you trade it in?

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
Brawl isn't Melee 2. Selling Melee is selling the only game of its kind. Brawl is different, and you're not simply "upgrading", where there'd be no reason to keep Melee. Melee has charms still, and if you ever want to reminisce about the new good old days, maybe give Mewtwo or Roy another chance, and see if you can still wavedash and L-Cancel, Melee's you only option. Don't sell it. I'll be keeping mine around, and so will likely everyone on this board.

Linkster47

Smash Apprentice
Don't sell it. Melee is such a good game, you'll probably end up playing again sometime later, like how I'll still play SSB64 from time to time.

Top Bottom