• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
It's debunked. This stage isn't on the list. It's over. I didn't realize I could have people in the palm of my hands just by posting stuff on 4Chan with no credibility and no evidence, have it debunked in several different forms, and still have people desperately clinging on to it bcuz Ridley.

People are getting awful butthurt. I won't bother posting anymore because if you still think this tripe is worth talking about there's nothin I can say that will getting you thinking straight. But by the end you'll know I was right.
And maybe you are right. But for now, I'm waiting it out.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
It's debunked. This stage isn't on the list. It's over. I didn't realize I could have people in the palm of my hands just by posting stuff on 4Chan with no credibility and no evidence, have it debunked in several different forms, and still have people desperately clinging on to it bcuz Ridley.

People are getting awful butthurt. I won't bother posting anymore because if you still think this tripe is worth talking about there's nothin I can say that will getting you thinking straight. But by the end you'll know I was right.
I guess getting 3 stages in a row right means nothing?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
It looks like a redesigned Mt Dedede + Great Cave Offensive fusion to me, unless somebody can find a castle section in the GCO.
Yeah, there is a castle section is that game.

I didn't beleive the leak really. Sounded too weird. I'm hoping there are some more characters in the Wii U version or some DLC.

As an aside, there have been multiple rumors for Dixie, Chorus Men, Mewtwo and Ridley, so it may happen. We'll have to wait and see.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Disregard the negative sentiments, people, and move along. If this leak is officially debunked and we're told to go elsewhere for our speculation, then all's well and good, but until then, we should just keep enjoying ourselves and not get caught up in petty in-fighting.

I'm loving the look of that minecart stage! I wonder what Sakurai has up his magical wizards's sleeves for the Kirby stages in the Wii U version~?

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
Anytime I see the name Ridley playable in a leak, you might as well just write, "This leak is a fake." Especially when paired with Mewtwo. It sucks to be wrong about stuff but this fairy tale just fell on its sword. Time to move on and accept that this is the final roster, barring the inevitable DLC that will come months after the Wii U version hits.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Inb4 Sakurai reveals that Old Tower is just part of A Kirby Super Star Stage, and Mt. Dedede is the main part of the stage. :dazwa:

Also, enoguh of this "Ridley and Mewtwo make it fake" crap. Seriously, if this leak turns out to be true, then that just proves the closed minds of the detractors of these 2 characters.

Last edited:

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
It's just good old Sakurai bias.
It's weird with Sakurai, he takes elements that are clearly more associated with DK and then makes them his own. Like the blast barrels in Smash Run, he could have made them DK barrels but just made them weird generic offbrands. I don't get it at all, I'm starting to suspect he really does have something against the Rare DK series.

Kain6th

Smash Ace
It's weird with Sakurai, he takes elements that are clearly more associated with DK and then makes them his own. Like the blast barrels in Smash Run, he could have made them DK barrels but just made them weird generic offbrands. I don't get it at all, I'm starting to suspect he really does have something against the Rare DK series.
Maybe he regards rare as 'traitors?'

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
So what does this mean.Is it a moving stage that features everything in kirby superstar?Is it just great cave offense?Should we just wait for sakurai to tell us the stage?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Hmm.. well I doubt he had anything against DKC. Outside of enemies, everything in Smash Run are original branded I believe? Correct me if I'm wrong.

If he was against Rare DK series then he wouldn't have included the Kremlings (something that has been missing in action for decades) there when he could've easily replaced them with just only the DKCR enemies instead.

So what does this mean.Is it a moving stage that features everything in kirby superstar?Is it just great cave offense?Should we just wait for sakurai to tell us the stage?
Come to think of it, it did say the stage plays a rare rule, I don't know what that means, so I guess we'll wait and see. Although the idea of transforming/moving stages isn't exactly rare anymore

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Guys, It's definitely Mt. Dedede. It's just modernized with The Great Cave Offensive.

?

That castle from first pic is Great Cave Offensive. Or is there something I'm missing?

Last edited:

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
?

That castle from first pic is Great Cave Offensive. Or is there something I'm missing?
Really? Hmph, guess I shouldn't take a friend's words for truth lol. I'll take it down to avoid confusion.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
?

I believe he's referring to the fact that there is no torch on the original Old tower, but there is one here in smash version, and Dede's castle (on Mt. Dedede) dose have torches on it.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I think we should probably wait to hear more about the stage before we consider it a confirmation, maybe we'll see something in tomorrow's PotD. It doesn't look good, but it's far from conclusive.

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
I believe he's referring to the fact that there is no torch on the original Old tower, but there is one here in smash version, and Dede's castle (on Mt. Dedede) dose have torches on it.
Nah, a friend just sent me a photo comparing the 2 and he said it was Mt Dedede so I cropped both of 'em to show everyone that it was more proof for the leak. But unfortunately this isn't the case at it is clearly the one from TGCO. This doesn't bode well for it at all. Unless he saw the castle and thought it was De's, I can't think of any other reason he would confuse 'em. Maybe the modern Smash version has Dedede's face somewhere and we're not seeing it, but we still don't know if that's the case.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
uck hunt.png

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Nah, a friend just sent me a photo comparing the 2 and he said it was Mt Dedede so I cropped both of 'em to show everyone that it was more proof for the leak. But unfortunately this isn't the case at it is clearly the one from TGCO. This doesn't bode well for it at all. Unless he saw the castle and thought it was De's, I can't think of any other reason he would confuse 'em. Maybe the modern Smash version has Dedede's face somewhere and we're not seeing it, but we still don't know if that's the case.
Well, the statement below the pic of this leaked stage said there was a twist behind the stage, so maybe GCO and Mt Dedede fit into this "twist".

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
Well, the statement below the pic of this leaked stage said there was a twist behind the stage, so maybe GCO and Mt Dedede fit into this "twist".
There could be for sure, but I'm not giving it much thought just yet. I'll wait for a PotD to explain how it works.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman

We have no details on how this stage even works. It's by no means debunked.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
if that did count would that count for or ageinst the leak?

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
if that did count would that count for or ageinst the leak?
Depends on how you view it. It would be the same as the Orbital Gate/Great Fox debacle, in which people are split on whether its for or against the leak. But considering Mt Dedede wasn't teased by Sakurai like Great Fox was, I'd say it be more of a point for the leak. That is of course, if Mt Dedede is even part of the stage.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
i feel like sakurai's gonna reveal that stage soon i mean the person who posted the picture must have gone through proper channels

ChillerDuu

Smash Cadet
Thats what im saying

What if the castle in the backgroud is the same castle on mount dedede

In other words a combination of mt dedede and great cave offensive mixed into 1 stage
Indeed, I can imagine a Kirby Super Star stage that takes elements from the whole game (if not just the Great Cave Offensive) that is mainly staged on Mt. Dedede.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Indeed, I can imagine a Kirby Super Star stage that takes elements from the whole game (if not just the Great Cave Offensive) that is mainly staged on Mt. Dedede.
That does make a lot of sense, Mt dedede is one of the most memorable areas from superstar and GCO is a bit too much for one stage, mix them together and BOOM, perfect superstar stage

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
i feel like sakurai's gonna reveal that stage soon i mean the person who posted the picture must have gone through proper channels
It was posted on the Smash Facebook page, which is an official source, so it's highly likely will find out more about this stage some time this week, if not tomorrow.

It's definitely The Great Cave Offensive, there's really no debating that, but it could have been a mistake by the leaker. In my stage analysis, I said there hasn't really been a clear "Mt. Dedede" in the games that could work as a stage, outside of the boxing ring which would be completely redundant. If there's nothing that screams Mt. Dedede about this stage when we find out more, I think we can consider it a soft disconfirmation of the leak, but if more details that line up with the leak are revealed in other areas of the game, Im willing to believe the leaker just got one wrong.

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
It would make sense as King Dedede's stage. I mean if Kirby can have Green Greens and Meta Knight can have Halberd, why can't the king have his castle? Lol

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
Let's not jump the gun on this, we can't say a thing until we get official confirmation.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
I was looking forward to Mt.DeDeDe more than most stages.
This a'int it.
Unless, as most have stated; he got it mixed up with Great Cave which makes total sense but no way am I giving the leaker that much space for error.

Seems this stage is gonna make or break once we get the name.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
1. No credibility to begin with.
2. The End.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom