• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourney Locator Tech Of The Week: Perfect Parry Shield Grab OS

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
A great way to become better in Smash is to understand all available options and be a master of tech. Being able to work quickly out of shield can makes punishes that much better was well. One Smash in partnership Tourney Locator have worked together to produce the Tech of The Week series for a good while now and this week they are here to present Tech #15: Perfect Parry Shield Grab OS.

Viewers may have noticed the techs are not presented in order. This is because all of the techs to be shared are a part of the One Smash Tech Tree. This makes each video feed of the others, showing how each tech works together to form a complete game. The other videos in the series include Fast Fall Break,Snap Back and Slow Run. A full playlist is available here so be sure to check these out to get the full idea of the One Smash Tech Tree.

SmashCapps hopes that these videos help players up their games to the next level. To keep up with his own adventures training in Smash follow him on Twitter.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Welcome to our weekly TL Tech of the Week comment section.

Enjoy irrelevant arguments, needless complaining, and misunderstandings galore!

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

Banned via Warnings
groundbreaking new tech
/s

also, on the http://www.onesmash.net/ only smash 4 tech is available
lol
if you really want people to participate please put other games for more accessibility
that'd be really neat

also if you could address some other games specific tech in your videos because not all of us selectively only play smash 4

thanks for making your vids and your hard work

Last edited:

Zeth444

Smash Apprentice
Just realized i already do this, and I used to ask myself why some times Id Jab and other times grab, my lack of frame knolegde cost me a highlight at Smashboards :(. Also, can someone explain to me why sometimes when I grab someone and throw while standing close to The legde I loose my second jump. Many times I f-threw (Dont know if its spelled right) then out of stage followed with a aerial and, when I tryed to jump, Id just fall.

Filosafer

Smash Apprentice
I think I figured out some tech I'm calling "super burst walking." If you hit your analog to the side quick enough, you move much faster than a normal walk.

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
Some of these techs are just plain silly (also common sense and not techs).

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
So apparently Sm4sh has some really powerful defensive options. We all knew that defensive play is favored, but this is pretty over the top. Also it looks really cool.

Enjoy irrelevant arguments, needless complaining, and misunderstandings galore!
I disagree with you, but not for any particular reason.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just realized i already do this, and I used to ask myself why some times Id Jab and other times grab, my lack of frame knolegde cost me a highlight at Smashboards :(. Also, can someone explain to me why sometimes when I grab someone and throw while standing close to The legde I loose my second jump. Many times I f-threw (Dont know if its spelled right) then out of stage followed with a aerial and, when I tryed to jump, Id just fall.
Hmmm. If you get grabbed out of the air and your feet don't touch the ground, you do not get your jumps back. Maybe that's happening. Are you a Yoshi player? Need more details.

groundbreaking new tech
/s

also, on the http://www.onesmash.net/ only smash 4 tech is available
lol
if you really want people to participate please put other games for more accessibility
that'd be really neat

also if you could address some other games specific tech in your videos because not all of us selectively only play smash 4

thanks for making your vids and your hard work
All the other Smash games already have plenty of dedicated players who have made posts and videos explaining tech that is now years old. One Smash does have plans to create tools and resources to support all the games, but we have to focus on starting small.

Last edited:

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
So powershield and then attack? Gamebreaking...
I'm going to get on your case because you're a pro player and I believe you can take it...

Your comment proves that you do not understand the tech. Did you even watch part one of the 20XX series? If you think the big take away form the video is to perfect shield (yes, perfect shield . Not power shield because that's melee), then please watch the videos again.

Try to ask questions next time instead of sounding like a troll.

Filosafer

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to get on your case because you're a pro player and I believe you can take it...

Your comment proves that you do not understand the tech. Did you even watch part one of the 20XX series? If you think the big take away form the video is to perfect shield (yes, perfect shield . Not power shield because that's melee), then please watch the videos again.

Try to ask questions next time instead of sounding like a troll.
The thing to take away from this is to do something oos that will actually hit them. Thus, I quote, "gamebreaking."

GeneralBrwni

Smash Cadet
I guess I'm the idiot for being the only one in these comments who didn't know that there's an option select out of perfect shield. I mean it's completely common sense that based on the context of whether or not a perfect shield is hit by an opponent that either a tilt/jab or grab will come out.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
Wait, I don't get this. So if you perfect shield an attack, then you press the A button as if you're trying to shield grab, the game automatically selects an option for you?

Zeth444

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm. If you get grabbed out of the air and your feet don't touch the ground, you do not get your jumps back. Maybe that's happening. Are you a Yoshi player? Need more details.
Actually Im The one grabing. And I checked, its not The lag after The edgeguarding attack, even with sheiks Fair I wont be able to act with a jump after it, only with another A or B attack (usually up-B when Isnt too late)

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
Actually Im The one grabing. And I checked, its not The lag after The edgeguarding attack, even with sheiks Fair I wont be able to act with a jump after it, only with another A or B attack (usually up-B when Isnt too late)
I think what you're doing is holding forward before you jump. That causes you to run off the stage and then jump, meaning you use you DJ.

Top Bottom