• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournaments don't seem to be for me.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Link to original post: [drupal=1232]Tournaments don't seem to be for me.[/drupal]

With each tournament I start to place worst and worst. I'm getting bad at this game. Idk how long I can tolarate wasting money like this. I was terrible yesterday at a tourny in NJ.Be far the worst I ever did in a tournament.I don't think I have what it takes to be a competitive gamer. I crack under pressure too much and it's now getting annoying. In friendlies I do this amazing **** with with Peach, no fear, just straight hack people. In tournaments, I could do the same thing.....but I don't.

I think I might have to call it quits on tournaments. I just can't handle them. Only time I unleash how I could really play as Peach as in COT4, and I got screwed over in brackets when I should have OFFICIALLY made it in. Now I can't do it. If I go to them it might be just to play with people.

I'm known as one of the Best Peach players in the nation. But with how things are going, I don't have that title or it is drifting away. To be one of the best is not just skills alone. Its how you think. Handle pressure and making the right choices at the right time. A quick thinker. I seem to lack that as each tourny I enter I do worst. And feel like I am getting worst. So I am thinking for my true nature, I was not cut out to play in competitive brawl/tournaments. Personal problem I have and I can't fix no matter what I do.

I got some thinking to do.

D

Deleted member

You need to play Brawl the way YOU like to play. If you want to stop going to tournies or not, it's your choice. Many people are forgetting, Brawl is a game, so it's supposed to be fun, just do what's fun for you.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
im sure you'll find that moment of inspiration and start doing much better Dark. im gonna keep trying even though i've come in last place 2x XD.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
just keep going to play friendlies, you'll make more friends and then everything will just seem like a friendly.

mzink*

Smash Ace
im sure you'll find that moment of inspiration and start doing much better Dark. im gonna keep trying even though i've come in last place 2x XD.

That's the spirit! Everybody has low points sometimes, it doesn't mean its over. A lot of times you end up bouncing back better than you were in the first place.

But hey man its your choice, if it is seriously stressing you then maybe you need a break. Don't force it. And whatever you decide, its not like its set in stone, you can always go back to playing competitively when you feel you are ready.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
That's the spirit! Everybody has low points sometimes, it doesn't mean its over. A lot of times you end up bouncing back better than you were in the first place.

But hey man its your choice, if it is seriously stressing you then maybe you need a break. Don't force it. And whatever you decide, its not like its set in stone, you can always go back to playing competitively when you feel you are ready.
I couldn't have put it better.

And if you do decide to take a break and come back, TAKE YOUR TITLE BACK AS THE BEST PEACH! :)
(I mean that in all seriousness)

SexTornado

Smash Journeyman
To fix the problem of cracking under pressure and worrying about how you place... Go to a few tourneys and don't even try. Just mess around and do crazy stuff as if it was a friendly. Sure, you'll probably get killed but you won't feel the pressure to win so much after a while.

Veril

Frame Savant
After seeing you play at GIMPED I have no doubt of your Peach ridiculousness. You're just psyching yourself out. The fact that you put all this pressure on yourself to be the best Peach evah and all that is keeping you down. Maybe you should just go to a tourney, chill, and play friendlies and MM without entering. It might be a good thing to play people at a high level for the experience without all the stress or money spent.

Feel free to ignore this, I just think you need to be in the tournament environment but maybe with less pressure for a while.

Top Bottom