• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Results

Matt07

Smash Master
Wow, 2 Link's placed top 8, amazing! This should definately go onto Ankoku's Tournament Placing Thread, if it hasn't already been added.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
nah, one was me and the other dude wasn't as good as me but due to his easy bouts he ended up getting farther. I got owned by a kirby/dk player. Nes-noob has good melee videos, he used to play Link in melee and was competitive, but now he is "might as well only play 2 characters". He ended up winning one bout versus my brother's Wolf, who is a ***** to play against, with Luigi, which really surprised me, but that dude is pretty beasty, and he beat the guy who beat me with MK.

I ended up losing to Kirby... 50% damage THROW COMBO. That was hard to deal with, like next time I play Kirby, I am going to try to always have a bombing myself/him for the first 40% damage or something so I don't have to deal with that BS Dthrow-air-dthrow-uair combo. Like... that is soooo annoying, other than that I completely DIed away from the gimping, like surprisingly I didn't die once the entire night due to Link's crappy recovery.

Anyways, Kirby is a machine, take that little ***** to Norfair. I will try and post videos some time, but they will probably involve a webcam b/c me and my friends fail at owning TVs and software that let you record video.

If I would have beat that Kirby, I would have probably have gotten 2nd place. qq qq

D

Deleted member

yea kirby is a total b*tch, you have to have perfect spacing in that match and you have to try to not get grabbed as much as possible.

you got the gonzo combo comin with the 40% spawn damage, then dthrow does 10%, bair can WoP you, dair gimps you hardcore and the fsmash can be a little tricky to DI sometimes.

i'm going to try to learn to smash DI out of the dair so i'll let you know how that works out lol

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Yeah, I think like Izaw's advice at one point for the grabs was "bomb yourself and them until you have X dmg."

Like, Kirby's dair I can Di around a lot of the time, but the Fsmash is pretty *****ing on Kirby, that move and the throw combos got the best of me. I totally should have just taken that @#%@ to Norfair. I actually almost killed him with several Dairs, so Norfair really could have made the difference.

Top Bottom