• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament possibility in Winston Salem NC

TheNakedBear

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I'm thinking about hosting a local tournament here in Winston Salem Nc for Melee and Project M. This would be my first time being a TO and I just wanted to know how many people to expect? It would most likely be on a late tuesday afternoon and run into the evening. Any other suggestions from you guys would be very much appreciated. I'm shooting for sometime early in June as well. Thanks!

emb1234

Smash Apprentice
Not sure how many you'll get on a Tuesday afternoon. I'd go to it if it's late enough, but probably couldn't.

Local tournaments have had anywhere from 40-70 people recently. On an off day, I'm not sure how much of that you'd get. Probably 10-20? I don't really know.

Most of the community will respond here (Melee) and here (PM). They actually know things, instead of just saying words like I do. Good luck if you end up hosting. :)

TheNakedBear

Smash Rookie
Hey thanks man! I wish I could host it on a weekend but it looks like I'll be working most of the Saturdays during the summer and the venue I have access to for free is a church. Thanks on pointing me in the right direction!

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Hey Mekos here. Pro brawl smasher.

I don't play melee or project M. I just wanted to post here because I want to meet other smashers close to Winston Salem, NC. I'll be looking for people to play with at my house or around the area when smash 4 comes out.

So nice to meet you guys.

AAkacia

Smash Cadet
Hey Mekos here. Pro brawl smasher.

I don't play melee or project M. I just wanted to post here because I want to meet other smashers close to Winston Salem, NC. I'll be looking for people to play with at my house or around the area when smash 4 comes out.

So nice to meet you guys.
I'll definitely keep this in mind when it comes out.

TheNakedBear

Smash Rookie
Word Mekos and AAkacia sweet it looks right now that it will be on a Friday evening. Keep your eyes on here and the nc groups cause I'll know within the next couple of days if I have the venue for the date I requested.

Top Bottom