• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Matches - Comment/Critique plz

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
less shdfair it's a bad approach in general it's amazing defensively but offensively there is much time inbetween the slashes to be hit by a good opponent unless you keep both fairs tipped (which is not only stupidly hard but not really worth the payoff)

shffl single fair more

after platform dropping an uair if the uair hits (even if it doesn't hit) u-tilt > another u-air at low-medium %s almost always, u-tilt is like one of marth's best moves and best combo setups much better than u-air and doesn't force you to go back up in fact it's amazing because you can do it under platforms and have people be helpless against it because of how amazing it is

you were very predictable. mostly shdfair, shffl fair --> d-tilt, and then you'd shffl a nair. a lot. use more mixups. or at the very least stop shdfairing ics on approach. i'd also try to work in some jabs. jabs are good vs ic if you keep them spaced because they can't really aerial through it at all.

also, just be a little gayer when handling nana. space a tipper if she's at a reasonable % if she's standing around and then handle popo there's no reason for nana to be alive. ever.

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
maybe you didn't see all the matches
because i just saw round 3, and in the first stock i didn't shdf even once xD, just single Fairs, and i kill nana with a combo using Utilt, and then killed popo with Utilt xD, i use it a lot, see round five also
and i prefer being on plataforms so i don't get chaingrabed
i also bad spaced only one double Fair, the rest were well spaced :p

maybe im predictable, but i was following a strategy, maybe a copy of a match i saw of mew2king, not saying i was like him, but my strategy was based on him xD, where he just waits and Fairs all the time, Dtilts all the time, predictable, but unbeatble even by chudat xP

i also used Jab sometimes xD maybe you just watched a round and got the first impression.
i thought my mistakes were my bad grab game and bad fluidity, and also i lost some oportunities to spike, or Fsmash them :S

on attackin nana, i know, i have little exp against those kids, i just don't know what nana will do, she killed me at least 2 times for not being careful xD
i hated when she got on stage attacking, it taked my option to edgeguard popo.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
maybe you didn't see all the matches
because i just saw round 3, and in the first stock i didn't shdf even once xD, just single Fairs, and i kill nana with a combo using Utilt, and then killed popo with Utilt xD, i use it a lot, see round five also
and i prefer being on plataforms so i don't get chaingrabed
i also bad spaced only one double Fair, the rest were well spaced :p

maybe im predictable, but i was following a strategy, maybe a copy of a match i saw of mew2king, not saying i was like him, but my strategy was based on him xD, where he just waits and Fairs all the time, Dtilts all the time, predictable, but unbeatble even by chudat xP

i also used Jab sometimes xD maybe you just watched a round and got the first impression.
i thought my mistakes were my bad grab game and bad fluidity, and also i lost some oportunities to spike, or Fsmash them :S

on attackin nana, i know, i have little exp against those kids, i just don't know what nana will do, she killed me at least 2 times for not being careful xD
i hated when she got on stage attacking, it taked my option to edgeguard popo.
i watched round 1, 2, and 5.

i didn't watch round 3, and 4.

so i rpoabbyl got the wrong impression.

nana on the grund will always dash towards popo if he's also on the ground so it's easy to time a tipper as she runs up to you if you don't know how to attack them.

if she's bothering you onstage or popo's offstage she's generally going to go to the ledge and wait for popo if you're not close enough to be attacked. so just space a tipper on her and she'll probably die and then you can edgeguard popo. she always runs after him, her dash is slow, it's easy to do.

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
I didn't watch all of them, but here's what I saw:

Although those ICs were very good, they weren't exactly Chudat-esque, so as a Marth, you shouldn't have too much of a problem.

Nana kills are always good. For example, in Match 1, at 1:22, you manage to split the two up, and you went directly after the Popo. Go after the Nana, get an easy fair, dair, or fsmash gimp or something, and the rest of that stock will be so much easier. No need to freak out about getting grabbed, and no need to worry about the two of them anymore. You can proceed to destory Popo by completely outranging and outprioritizing him.

Overall, good Marth. Much better than mine, anyway. But yeah, other than Chu Dat consistently giving Ken trouble, IC vs Marth is just such a tough MU for ICs.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Only watched round 5. Generic campy Marth. Not terrible though.

Camping is pretty necessary vs ICs though, so I'm not really calling you campy.

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
give me a break, was round 5 of the set, i had to win that match, was the last one of the tournament
thx for the advice all of you :D

hey, watch round 3, it was the best one i think, much more exciting than round 5 xD.

Top Bottom