• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament in Rocky Mount NC

mickpalmer

Smash Rookie
Hey folks, I just noticed this regional forum so I figured I'd post about it here as well. You can find out information on the tournament in the Tournament Discussions board or for a link directly to the thread just click click here.

Thanks.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Since I'm gonna miss Jubilee, I may be able to convince my parents to let me go to this. I'd like to go to Rocky Mount eventually...

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
ill house you peepee if you come, that be pretty sweet if we got to smash all night before the tourney haha. Only thing is its not gonna be a cash prize, i think they are giving away some classic game systems, store credit, and some other surprise they havent told us yet. So its up to you man, its a long drive like 30 mins past karns place yet we would be able to smash alooots.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Gah, it would still be so worth it to come up there and see you(and maybe ZIO, triforce and Chocolate Thundaa?)! Only 30 minutes past Karn's? That could really be doable, as long as you could house me.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
OOOOO! I WANNA COME! I have family in Rocky mount if you really need housing. Not to mention, I might wanna try out my Falco. >:3

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Wave dashing will be allowed as it is a predominant skill move within the game. The CPU also wave dashes quite often while on level 9 difficulty so it is unnecessary to call it a glitch move that the creators didn't intend on including within the game.
Taken from their post on myspace. XD I love this place already.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Looks like I'm available Aug. 2nd!!! I wanna go too!!!
# Spectators may not give instructions to players while they battle. Spectators that shout instructions to players will lose two stock from the next match. If they are not in the tournament, a warning will be given, and a ban if need be. Cheering, however, will be allowed.
:confused:

I think we're all going to need to make a code for what we say to each other now.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I won that Brawl tourney because I listened to you Malk. I fought for my friends and didn't give up when I was being *****. DH: use Shawn Johnson as code for finish him or something.

mickpalmer

Smash Rookie
Heh, I wish I could allow coaching but unfortunately there's the possibility that a sore loser could complain about it, so yeah, no coaching. You're welcome to encourage your fellow players however.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'll do my best to get this worked out ASAP and get back to you on this. How much advance notice do ya need? This all depends on whether I make it to Jubilee or not. Malk said something about pushing it back a week for OOS guys, and if he decides to do that, then I won't go to this. Since it most likely won't be pushed back I should be able to make this.
Are there a good bit of guys in your area going to this or what? I'm just curious about how many people will show up since it was advertised on myspace and all.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
there will prolly be a bunch of noobs haha, yet im thought they are going to be pushing mpj back a week though. I really dont need an anwser back that quick i was just curious to know haha

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Even if I just go to jubilee and not this, then I will definately sneak some Melee in with ya don't worry! Our matches are too much fun! I never heard Malk or Karn or Dark Hart say it was pushed back, did they tell you? Either way, I'm only allowed to do one, but I'll play you a bunch no matter which I go to!
Try to make the finals look kinda close ok?

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Heh, I wish I could allow coaching but unfortunately there's the possibility that a sore loser could complain about it, so yeah, no coaching. You're welcome to encourage your fellow players however.
Have they ever heard the phrase "no johns"? :urg:

@ Dr.pP: Love the idea about Shawn Johnson. :laugh:

@ Anyone in Raleigh: So, would I be able to get a ride to this?

Also, is it only singles, or will there be a teams tourney as well? (To lazy to check the MySpace /johns)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I do what I can Dark Hart.
LoZR, looks like we'll just have to play some extra rounds of Melee at STYKs because I'm going to Jubilee now. Don't worry, I'll get as much recorded as possible so we can show everyone your new skills+combo video material.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
yeah man will be doing so many combos we will both be able to make videos haha. Im about to make a fox combo vid. I just gotta get stuff recorded again.

mickpalmer

Smash Rookie
Have they ever heard the phrase "no johns"? :urg:

@ Dr.pP: Love the idea about Shawn Johnson. :laugh:

@ Anyone in Raleigh: So, would I be able to get a ride to this?

Also, is it only singles, or will there be a teams tourney as well? (To lazy to check the MySpace /johns)
Sorry no doubles scheduled, but that's mainly because of time constraints. Most tournaments have gone long into the afternoon and some of the locals haven't really enjoyed the long haul.

However... if there is enough interest for a doubles tournament then I wouldn't mind starting one up on the spot as soon as the singles tournament is done. That'll be completely up to those involved and present, but as far as scheduling goes, right now there isn't one scheduled.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I've seen you posting a little more around there(your combo video thread) man. Can't wait for the Fox video, that's gonna be sick! As for me, my Youtube videos aren't good enough(combowise) to get anything noteworthy. The level I'm at now is probably good enough though, and I'm hoping to use everything that I can from our matches at STYKs and maybe Jubilee to get something good going. I still don't know how to actually "make" a combo video though lol.
On topic: no doubles? Man LoZR, you lose half your money right there lol. Doubles are mad fun though for real, it sucks that they aren't scheduled to happen.

mickpalmer

Smash Rookie
Oh guys, I've also neglected to mention that those who register will recieve 20% off of a used game/accessory purchase as well. So if you can think of something you've been wanting to get or just want to pick up some classic games then this'll definitly be the opportunity.

mickpalmer

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna go ahead and make an announcement here for those coming. I've thought it over and I have decided that I will do a doubles tournament for sure after the singles. Doubles sign ups will start on the day of however so we don't have any confusion from the singles pre-registration. I'll announce to those present that morning and we'll start signing people up for the doubles during the singles tournament.

Registration will be set at $10 per team and the prize will be determined on the interest. I'm sure we can come up with something nice for you guys though, I mean.. it is a freakin' game store, =P.

So yeah! Let's do this!

Malk

Smash Champion
I heard this tourney was going to be played on 4 nasty laggy TVs and if I go I will throw up at the running officer

Alex and I may go regardless, and if we do I'm sure we can bring you raleigh guys

mickpalmer

Smash Rookie
Yeah you can register that morning. Registration is $5 on the day of and $4 before hand (we knock the dollar off to give players an incentive to register early as early registration gives us a rough estimate on how many players we can anticipate and plan for) so it'll just be $5 that morning to play.

As far as the "laggy TV's" go, the TV's themselves are HD plasma monitors mounted on the wall so I assure you that you won't have to worry about any form of lag at all.

mickpalmer

Smash Rookie
The tournament's in a week and I just wanted to remind everyone that's interested. Also keep in mind that I will be doing a doubles tournament that same day (registration is $10 and will be taken during the singles). If you don't have a partner, if you're there early either spectating or playing in the singles tournament then you'll have a few hours to find one. Prize is TBD on participation, but I'm sure we'll have quite a few interested so the prize should be awesome!

Anyways, just wanted to generate some more awareness, we've got 13 pre-registered with more expected to register that morning, and of course with only a week left in pre-reg, there's no telling how high the number may go!

Top Bottom