• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Ethics: Unmerited Win?

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
This almost happened to me / macd yesterday. I had the ledge and macd was recovering back after a shine spike and I thought I rolled so I patted Connor on the back cause Connor wanted me to shine spike him but somehow his umbrella hit me down and I hear / saw in the corner of my eye and up Bed back. I almost died LOL.

sambo400

Smash Apprentice
The example where the Captain Falcon paused, he deserved to lose, because the only reason fox don't recover was he was thrown off by the pause. If he had just straight up fallen off without a pause, then that's his fault and Captain Falcon should win. That's why I don't understand star KO's. It should take the stock once you hit the roof.

Unless I had screwed them over, I would take the W. If they kill SD on their own, that's their fault.

I played competitive golf, and this sort of thing happened routinely. In golf, if you sign for a score on a whole lower than you made, your DQ'd. Some kid shot like 78 on the second day of the state tournament, but signed for a 6 on a whole he made a 7 on. As a result, his team lost his score, which would have given them the W and state title. Instead they came in second. Not because they came in 2nd, but because the rules said theydid

I guess my point is everyone plays by the same rules, so you don't have to feel obligated to give up a W if they didn't get it.

Erkekjetter

Smash Journeyman
In technical terms, you won. Your opponent lost because they went crazy and started celebrating, that's their fault.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
a couple things

first off, there is no way possible that a stage hazard could kill a jiggs after resting faster than a rest would kill the opponent. stage hazards all take people off the top, so you would almost definitely still win

second of all, the people saying stuff like "it ends as soon as the last hit is hit because thats when you can quit out", you can quit out at any time you want, it just means you lose as soon as you do. if you pause it you lose, simple as that

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
What if you do an offstage dair with falco, they cant make it back but you can. but instead you side B to flashy spike them. and they meteor.

Do you win? no you now lose.

If you **** up b4 they die, you lose. It would be nice for the opponent to give you the win, but I wouldnt hold it against them if they didnt because they really got lucky and they truly won.

If you quit, you pretty much forfeit.

Top Bottom