• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

tournament cancelled

Goldbond007

Smash Apprentice
NNID
goldbond007
3DS FC
3539-9750-5034
THE GOLDEN GAUNTLET IS LOOKING FOR CHALLENGERS. 10$ ESHOP CARD # FOR FIRST PLACE. "Round 2"

I'd like to keep this short and sweet so here are the specs.

Tournament title : Golden Gauntlet

1. End conditions: # of wins, no restrictions
2. 15 battles a day for 1 week
3. 4 stock/10 min. no sudden death
4. Standard launch rate
5. Stage is players' choice
6. Sd penalty -1
7. No items
8. Mii/custom fighters on
9. Special smash off

1v1's only. Only contestants from either Canada or USA can receive a prize (for now), 100 possible combatants, and the tournament will be held each month from the 10th to the 17th starting and ending at 8:00 am. You can join the tournament a full week before it begins or even after it has started!

To join go to the online Tourney mode and click search, click tourney ID and type in the following #:
TBA. and the code :TBA. (The ID # will be updated in this post each month).

Finally, I created this tournament to allow veteran smashers and newcomers alike to join a fun smash community and perhaps even give one another some helpful tips and strategies.

Hope to see you on the boards, PEACE!

Last edited:

Goldbond007

Smash Apprentice
NNID
goldbond007
3DS FC
3539-9750-5034
Just to clarify this is a wiiu tournament through the tourney mode within the game. I'm sorry for any confusion and/or dissapointment lol. I know this is more than a little unorthodox but I'd like to reassure everyone that the winner will receive his or her prize. Obviously some people will be worried that receiving a message through email might not be safe, and so I urge everyone involved to friend me on miiverse (my username and community are specified below) so that I may issue the prize through there.

Last edited:

Goldbond007

Smash Apprentice
NNID
goldbond007
3DS FC
3539-9750-5034
If the winner turns out to be someone who doesn't frequent smashboards .com or doesn't friend me, the card number will go to the next runner up.

PS. If finding the next runner up isn't possible through the in game tourney mode, I trust that the other participants in the tournament will help me to discover who truly deserves the prize.

Last edited:

Goldbond007

Smash Apprentice
NNID
goldbond007
3DS FC
3539-9750-5034
I will make sure to check up on this thread daily and especially at the end of the tournament. I will also be checking miiverse. Players can find me on Miiverse under the username "Joeticus" and the smash tournament community name "Golden Gauntlet", Nintendo network id "goldbond0071". Send me a friend request to help the community grow!

Note: Do not mention the prize on Miiverse! Your post will be deleted and you will be be notified for commercial/marketing content.

Last edited:

Goldbond007

Smash Apprentice
NNID
goldbond007
3DS FC
3539-9750-5034
@ Link and Ike lover. You simply have to go in Tourney mode in the online mode of smash 4 and search for the ID # 48056411137923 and join from there.

Last edited:

Goldbond007

Smash Apprentice
NNID
goldbond007
3DS FC
3539-9750-5034
I'm very sorry everyone but i've apparently made a huge oversight in not knowing that, for some god awful reasson, it is currently IMPOSSIBLE to create 1v1 tournaments in smash 4's online tourney mode. What are the people at Nintendo thinking.... The tournament is cancelled until further notice. Wow. Just ...wow.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
I'm very sorry everyone but i've apparently made a huge oversight in not knowing that, for some god awful reasson, it is currently IMPOSSIBLE to create 1v1 tournaments in smash 4's online tourney mode. What are the people at Nintendo thinking.... The tournament is cancelled until further notice. Wow. Just ...wow.
Oh D: But its okay. People can just do 1v1s. Its still possible. Just say 1v1 and people just leave if there are 2 extras. It doesnt mater really

Goldbond007

Smash Apprentice
NNID
goldbond007
3DS FC
3539-9750-5034
Well... why not! I'll give it a shot anyway. Tournament back on!

Last edited:

Goldbond007

Smash Apprentice
NNID
goldbond007
3DS FC
3539-9750-5034
I think after this first tournament I'll restrict entry to the tournament with a code (in game entry code). I will be editing my first post to include the code at the end of this tournament. Thanks alot for the idea Link and Ike lover.

Last edited:

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
I think after this first tournament I'll restrict entry to the tournament with a code (in game entry code). I will be editing my first post to include the code at the end of this tournament. Thanks alot for the idea Link and Ike lover.
Can you give me the tourney ID? Its with the numbers. Because you cant search the name. You just give us the ID. The number ID and what is the password (if there is one)

Last edited:

Goldbond007

Smash Apprentice
NNID
goldbond007
3DS FC
3539-9750-5034
No problem. I've added it to my first post. No password this time. Future tournaments will have one.

Last edited:

Goldbond007

Smash Apprentice
NNID
goldbond007
3DS FC
3539-9750-5034
i had a feeling that was u Link and Ike lover. Now I see I really gotta bring up my game. Some good rounds though! So far it looks like you're gonna be winning that card# :)

Last edited:

Goldbond007

Smash Apprentice
NNID
goldbond007
3DS FC
3539-9750-5034
Unfortunately didn't have enough time to switch to falcon on the last match :( LOL, you would have pwnd me anyways :)

Last edited:

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Unfortunately didn't have enough time to switch to falcon on the last match :( LOL, you would have pwnd me anyways :)
Ggs :D It was really fun. And will you be giving the card through miiverse? Also your falcon was really good xD. The CF dittos was really fun. And I went all those random characters because I wanted to have some fun. xD I will get on tomorrow and determined to win the card xD
Also is there a way it could be 20$?

Last edited:

Goldbond007

Smash Apprentice
NNID
goldbond007
3DS FC
3539-9750-5034
Yes.You will receive the card # through miiverse. Have you already sent me a friend request?

Last edited:

Goldbond007

Smash Apprentice
NNID
goldbond007
3DS FC
3539-9750-5034
10 $ this time. But I'll see what I can do. And I'll keep you posted. friend request accepted.

Lex-Jewthor

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lex-Jewthor
Hey there kiddo im on board for this I just made a smashboards account, I might pitch in another ten next tourney for insentive lol, ill talk to you tomorrow if we chill, double posted this lol working out the kinks on my phone

Last edited:

Lex-Jewthor

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lex-Jewthor
hey there kiddo, this sites not very phone friendly I gotta figure some stuff out, I might pitch in another ten on the next tourney to add insentive, I got some people from wii u daily hopefully joining and will probably have more tomorrow but no guarentees

Goldbond007

Smash Apprentice
NNID
goldbond007
3DS FC
3539-9750-5034
Right on man. I was actually going to ask if you'd be willing to help out after this first tournament lol. Hope you can!

Lex-Jewthor

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lex-Jewthor
Right on man. I was actually going to ask if you'd be willing to help out after this first tournament lol. Hope you can!
Yah man for sure im 100% sure ill toss in another ten dollars eshop card on the next tourney, im spreading the word today but be warned i may attract trolls, but i doubt it lol, pretty darn sure i wont

Last edited:

Goldbond007

Smash Apprentice
NNID
goldbond007
3DS FC
3539-9750-5034
I just ran into a big problem guys. Unfortunately Canadian eshop cards(I'm from Canada) only work in Canada.:(
So for now I can still send out a ten$ reward to anyone from the US through the mail. but as for other countries I'm kinda boned.
I apoligize for the inconvenience to anyone who joined from another country and I'll try to find a way around this problem before the next tournament.

Last edited:

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
I just ran into a big problem guys. Unfortunately Canadian eshop cards(I'm from Canada) only work in Canada.:(
So for now I can still send out a ten$ reward to anyone from the US through the mail. but as for other countries I'm kinda boned.
I apoligize for the inconvenience to anyone who joined from another country and I'll try to find a way around this problem before the next tournament.
So its a Canadian card?

Goldbond007

Smash Apprentice
NNID
goldbond007
3DS FC
3539-9750-5034
If thats the case here: http://forum.3dspedia.com/

Make a account there and tell the guy who made the site (Marc.) He will trade a Canadian card for a american or American for a Canadian
Thanks man. I'll give it a shot! I made an account and sent him a message.Btw if you get the chance I'll be waiting play you around 11:00pm tonight

Last edited:

Goldbond007

Smash Apprentice
NNID
goldbond007
3DS FC
3539-9750-5034
@ LinkandIkelover LOL. Yosh vs. Jiggs. "Shouldn't a rolled". Anyway some more good matches. that was awesome! Srry I had to leave early but I had a fire to go to with my buds.

Last edited:

Goldbond007

Smash Apprentice
NNID
goldbond007
3DS FC
3539-9750-5034
If thats the case here: http://forum.3dspedia.com/

Make a account there and tell the guy who made the site (Marc.) He will trade a Canadian card for a american or American for a Canadian
So I made an account and contacted Marc. But apparently I need to rack up some play coins on the site to make up the difference between cards. (445 or something like that). I don't know how long thats going to take but I'll give it a shot.

Last edited:

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
So I made an account and contacted Marc. But apparently I need to rack up some play coins on the site to make up the difference between cards. (445 or something like that). I don't know how long thats going to take but I'll give it a shot.
That is too much. Just get a US one then. But if you already have a canadian one then give it to me. I have 900 play coins. I might be able to do it. And for next time wait till the person wins and then say what region they are in

Goldbond007

Smash Apprentice
NNID
goldbond007
3DS FC
3539-9750-5034
That is too much. Just get a US one then. But if you already have a canadian one then give it to me. I have 900 play coins. I might be able to do it. And for next time wait till the person wins and then say what region they are in
Honestly. If it's possible for me to just order one from the US than I'll just save myself the trouble and order one. Gotta keep this tournament going somehow! LOL But yeah I have a Canadian one .So maybe I guess I'll just mail it to you you if (lol when) you win this time. And if you can, I'd like you to explain in further detail what you mean by asking what region the winner is from and how it would help me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom