• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament and friendly matches I have now

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
People said I needed tournament matches and matches of me playing other people out side my crew. So yesterday I got recorded. I have both tourny and friendlies from the tourny yesterday. I was a lil nervous then. when I was doing well, I started to like flinch and lose focus, thus bad habits came along. recoverying bad on stage, dash or dsmashing when its clearly getting me killed. Some situations I dont know what to do. so its like I panic or just do something hoping it would work. But aside from that, I still need advice on things to do in certain stituations. Now that I was playing better people. My flaws are exposed easy and I can get advice on it. Im not use to hi level foxes that can shine non-stop. I once got dragged across the stage to a grab, up throw then up air for a K.O. I lost all hope after that one. I did not know what to do about it and how to get at fox. I just want some advice here and I'll work on it, Im always asking for it. hopefully this thread wont turn out as the last one eh? For those that took the time to help me thanks in advance.

P.S, you'll have to excuse the sound, came was kinda sensetive to it so it sound anoyying. best to lower the volume. I lowered the volume on the vids so it wont sound as bad. sorry for that

Vs Blast ssbb (winners bracket) My first match

Round 1

Round 2

Vs. Dav3 (winners bracket) second match

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

My fourth round I have to fight my own crew member jumpman. it was not recorded since I fight him all the time and its obvious who was gonna win.....though I hate fighting my crew members in tournys. I dont feel right......

Vs. Techzero (losers bracket) my fourth match

Round 1

Round 2

Only lasted 4 matches......meh, I tried at least...

Friendlies:

Vs X (shiek)

Battle 1

Battle 2

Against his Mario

Vs Blackanese (falcon)

Battle 1

Battle 2

Vs Falco

Battle

Vs. Venom (Falco)

Battle 1

Vs. Falcon

Battle 1

Battle 2

Vs. Marth

Battle

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Nice videos man, i like your peach, much better than mine, but its what im workin towards. Tough loss on the last one to fox, gay-a** shines. I dont have a lot of advice, but I would say that you have good edge play, but sometimes you hesitate or dont do the correct move (edge hog maybe or a dtilt spike possibly, you used fsmash a few times that missed when maybe a dtilt woulda connected, but the frying pan to fox was sweet). Maybe DI differently against Marth (change it up maybe).

Thats really all I got. I hope it helps, and if its wrong then my bad. Again, nice peach

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
thanks. the advice did help a lil. Im not all that great with her FC. I cant use it very well. I need to woork on, Im ether to slow or to predictable and cant use it to its full I have to use Fc better than I do now, I use it too weak. but I'll learn somehow. thanks again

Jake13

Smash Lord
I've only watched the third match against Dav3. All I can say is DI much better, please.

Up throw to upair hit you every attempt except once.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I don't think these things belong here anymore, since the admins made sections for friendlies and such in the video section.

Just thought I say that.

Samochan

Smash Master
I don't think these things belong here anymore, since the admins made sections for friendlies and such in the video section.

Just thought I say that.
It's better to post em here rather than video section when asking for advice. Tournament matches are just that, tourney matches which people look up to see for entertainment and something they can learn something from, not for the players to get criticism from other people when posting to the video section. Character specific area is good for that.

Anyways, what I see from the vids is not a lack of skill, nor "flaws" in gameplay. What I see is lack of experience and a bit of technical gimmic and habits that need to work on. What I'd like you to watch is videos of Armada's peach that can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=XDGaming

Not Armada's best (and by no means Amsah's best, lol), better wait for more vids and especially crews I think, but you get the point. Dsmash is not a bad thing when used correcly, but you use it in situation when is just begs for your opponents to punish it. Lay off it a little bit and then suprise your opponents when you see it's definitely gonna hit them. Characters love to jump around peach when they have good and quick aerial game.

Do shield a lot more often pls. Shield is an awesome tool to use in different ways and peach has a lot she can do from shield, my own favourite is fc out of shield (since I'm still not accustomed to wd out of shield, sue me). Use shield to your advantage since it comes out quickly and then you can quickly counterattack if they lie close around you, or you can quickly roll away/sidestep if you need to. I once heard from Mew2King that when in doubt, roll. I think that's a good advice, like if you were to hit shield but don't know if your opponent will immediately shieldgrab or aerial you out of shield, roll back or behind them, which should cover both cases. And if you space well against anything else but marth and sheik, you can expect an aerial, in which case evasion to punish (go dd dash attacks) or straightforward punishment like doublejabs or rising nair will do the trick. Forward mentioned on one of his topics that running straight and then shielding their upcoming attack is one way to approach and even when I don't use this much I can tell it's a useful mixup against various characters. So don't leave yourself open, use that shield cause it's not like GW's instabreaking shield.

When using rising nair, don't bother to short hop them unless the situation calls for it (like nairs form shield) since you can fc them on the same height. What I want to see is full jump rising nairs. That way you have a lot of maneuverability on air, you can jump forward and nair and start moving backwards like in a circle. And what's more is that you can float from it before you touch ground or use peach's second jump to change trajectory and djc and fly back at them when they've dropped their shield, catching them by suprise.

Work on your edgeguard a bit. Don't try to be fancy, but se what works. Fsmash is unreliable edgeguard method and I wouldn't use it on tourneys that much. Rather try to fair/nair/bair them out and dair for getting sweetspotters. Don't stay away when edgeguarding and just spam turnips, go closer and throw the turnipses down to hinder their recovery attempts. What I see now is kinda neglected edgeguarding. Don't be scared of the ledge and be there asap when you see your opponents off stage. Don't stay at a random place spamming turnips so that they can get back.

Against fox's waveshine, you can cc and try to smash DI it. If you cc and try to push toward him, you can get to the other side of him. If you push away and try to smash DI there is a change you will get a tiny opening to put a shield up. Waveshine in general isn't too effective though, only little % added, but the upsmash and what comes after the waveshine is something to be feared. But if there is even a tiny opening, you can get a shield up or roll away from it. You can also DI torwards the drill and try to jump, then you can go trough fox's dair. DI away from it is also effective so that the shine will not hit you and you can punish with dsmash.

Pay attention to the game. If you notice this one guy is a grab *****, use more sidestep and punish. Also try to note why he gets those grabs. Is it because he dash danced away to avoid your dash attack? Is it mostly shieldgrab? Does he just randomly run at you and grab? Also look at his habits, where does he usually throw you, what does he want to do from grabs? Also, look at what his most usual approach method. If he plays fox, does he shffle nairs on you? If he's marth, does he use shffled double fairs, does he full jump double fairs or does he use grabs on the run? Look if the player plays defensively or aggressively, does the player try to bait you into doing an attack he can punish or is he the one that attacks relentlessly? Where does he usually tech? When does he use his double jumps? Does he jump a lot in general?

I'll get some vids of coco's turnip game someday when we record vids at peki's house, but in the meantime look over what Mikael does with his turnips and how Armada uses simple but effective turnip strategy. And sorry for not being on aim, my net is kinda broken. >_>

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I see your my teacher for a reason. But there is one thing I do alot at times............and its shielding. Like when I fight Peach, Im shielding more that attacking, I'm always guarding against her FC to something else she would do. I dont know what to do in situations so I end up shield, then get attacked or grabbed after, or roll into an attack. Thats why I try to lay off it. buts its clear that in most situations, I shield alot and cant seem to know what to do next nor think fast.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
I see your my teacher for a reason. But there is one thing I do alot at times............and its shielding. Like when I fight Peach, Im shielding more that attacking, I'm always guarding against her FC to something else she would do. I dont know what to do in situations so I end up shield, then get attacked or grabbed after, or roll into an attack. Thats why I try to lay off it. buts its clear that in most situations, I shield alot and cant seem to know what to do next nor think fast.
nair out of the shield after they attack. if they are slightly out of range due to decent spacing, float out of the shield towards them and then nair. thats something you should do if you are playing defensively. you can also wavedash out of the shield but instant floating is easier

Samochan

Smash Master
nair out of the sheild after they attack. if they are slightly out of range due to decent spacing, float out of the sheild towards them and then nair. thats something you should do if you are plating defensively
Nicely put, but I'd like to add something here. Depending of position, peach has many options of doing stuff from her shield, most known of course are shieldgrab, roll and sidestep. The other techs that are quite mandatory to learn are float canceling out of shield, turnip out of shield to various directions, wavedash out of shield and plain jumping out of shield with an aerial. To lesser extent of course, useful but situational, djc dsmash and parasol out of shield.

Nair out of shield is something that can be very effective if done fast enough, but not so when not pulling it off quite perfectly, leaving peach open for counterattacks.

FC out of shield works quite the same way as wd out of shield, except you attack with an aerial straight. You can fc in place, you can move forward or backwards, you could possibly even just float from shield to confuse your opponents and go to a better position.

WD out of shield, as demonstrated by Armada, is very useful tech for peach to learn, as for every other character. You can punish blocked Marth's fsmashes, sheik's dsmashes, fox's upsmashes that push you out of shieldgrab range... not to mention it's awesome at positioning oneself. Run to Marth, Marth uses Fsmash, you shield and bam, wd forward into dash attack/dsmash/grab.

Turnip from shield is a very good defensive maneuver by itself. have a turnip in hand and Falco is pillaring your shield? No problem, just throw the turnip upwards when he's jumping and he'll hit it, resulting him dropping down into your attacking range again and you have your opponent most likely a bit dazed and open for attacks. :3 Turnips out of shield also have quite a long range, so if you get fsmashed by Marth with a turnip in hand, block it and throw the turnip at him and proceed to follow up. From my own experience, throwing stitches from shield is a good way to hit with them, especially throwing up when you expect them to jump. Quezacoatl also wrote about a tech to dispose turnips and grab when on shield very fast on his guide, never used this tech though.

DJC dsmash I heard ***** fast fallers, or so Helios at least says. I could imagine shielding something on a platform of FoD, then immediately djc dsmashing the poor guy below you. :p Though I'd fc dair out of shield to nice cc damage dsmash or retreating. ^^ Parasol out of shield is of course, to own some Falco and maybe foxes that like to pillar too much. Mostly situational but useful.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Alright thanks. It was just that In a Peach ditto Peach would come to me and FC, If I rolled, I get Dsmashed, let go of shield, I get hit, keep blocking, I get hit sonner or later. and shie does it while having a turnip thrown at me. and at times Im near the edge But After her FC, I would get grabed, of she would land, and N-air my shield to slap or slap to grab. With Peach I dont really know how to deal with it. I guess I dont know how to fight my own character. and I try to Dtilt her but get dsmash and eat all five hits cause.....well I have to crouch to dtilt.

I was doing some studying around here last night, watching some Peach Videos Vs. Falcon. Cause he is one of my hardest matches. Later On gonna have me fightiing Venoms Falcon. I cant beat it, Most I get it down to is one stock But I was learning On falcon and I want to know if this is correct. From what I saw and read:

- Dont Jump in the air a lot cause is N-air can get Peach good. Best to time it or when he jumps at me I should Upsmash, Ftilt, or Up-b

- Be caution with FC cause faclon can break that easy with his N-air and Up-air.

- Getting comboed with the Up-air, DI up and away. and if he goes for the Knee, DI to him so the shot wont be a direct hit. Cause DI'ing away helps him Get the knee.

This is what I got. But I dont know how to really go to a falcon. I try to use turnips but I dont do it right. what I learned on falcon by reading is what Im gonna try, but I wanna know how to go to a falcon and catch him and deal damage.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
Alright thanks. It was just that In a Peach ditto Peach would come to me and FC, If I rolled, I get Dsmashed, let go of shield, I get hit, keep blocking, I get hit sonner or later. and shie does it while having a turnip thrown at me. and at times Im near the edge But After her FC, I would get grabed, of she would land, and N-air my shield to slap or slap to grab. With Peach I dont really know how to deal with it. I guess I dont know how to fight my own character. and I try to Dtilt her but get dsmash and eat all five hits cause.....well I have to crouch to dtilt.

I was doing some studying around here last night, watching some Peach Videos Vs. Falcon. Cause he is one of my hardest matches. Later On gonna have me fightiing Venoms Falcon. I cant beat it, Most I get it down to is one stock But I was learning On falcon and I want to know if this is correct. From what I saw and read:

- Dont Jump in the air a lot cause is N-air can get Peach good. Best to time it or when he jumps at me I should Upsmash, Ftilt, or Up-b

- Be caution with FC cause faclon can break that easy with his N-air and Up-air.

- Getting comboed with the Up-air, DI up and away. and if he goes for the Knee, DI to him so the shot wont be a direct hit. Cause DI'ing away helps him Get the knee.

This is what I got. But I dont know how to really go to a falcon. I try to use turnips but I dont do it right. what I learned on falcon by reading is what Im gonna try, but I wanna know how to go to a falcon and catch him and deal damage.
u need to learn how to di better cause u were dying at 96% when u got hit by those up airs lol but your peach is good give your self a pat on the back lol

Samochan

Smash Master
Yay, more vids. :3

Work a bit on how fast you do stuff after float cancel, especially those dsmashes. The thing is, if you give them even one frame time to do something, they will do something and you will miss or it gets blocked or you get punished. Also, peach can do lots of stuff after float cancel, not just dsmash. I wanna see some slapping going around, for instance. :3

When edgeguarding sheik, you don't always have to go to the edgehog. If you see sheik using the second part of up B to get back to the ledge, you can just use regular edgeguard means to hit him out of it before he grabs the ledge. Bair is good for that job, fair needs some timing, dair is very good too, nair doesn't hit really. Heck, you can just dsmash or dash attack him away if you wish, lol. I don't think I've ever seen sheik walltech. >_>

Use more nairs against sheik, preferably near ground, as sheik's aerials have way too much priority and only careful spacing and timing will get your fair trough sheik's. Using fairs as a feint/spacing method is different of course, but sheiks do love to just whack you away with fairs and ftilts even when you've started doing that fair like lightyear before theirs. >_> Floathing at certain height and spacing carefully is good to bait those ftilts and then you can punish with fair or some other aerial. CC a lot more against sheik, you can cc fairs, ftilts, jabs, other aerials... and when DI'ing fair, push the control stick up and against the hit when you see it coming and can't exacly dodge it anymore. DI'ing away from tilts also makes it easier to escape those fairs.

I'll add more when I've watched more vids. :p

Edit:

As a general tip, don't always go for the shieldgrab, lots of characters and good players will avoid this like a hot frying pan, especially if they're characters made for avoiding shieldgrabs and they space well. Also cease that fsmash edgeguard, it pains me to see my wonderfully improved student miss so many edgeguards. ;< Use something that is sure hit, not fsmash and not upsmash and not dtilt, more like dair and bair, depending of matchup. You can dsmash space animals if you want, but remember there is a chance they will tech it again and again, or will do the walljump forward B with 100% accuracy. With fox, you cannot punish that, but with Falco if the dsmash is still going there is a possibility he gets hit before he can grab the ledge, cause he doesn't instantly grab it after he gets to the ledge like fox does.

Samochan

Smash Master
Hmm... Imo, it really all comes down to experience. When you see something done against you first time, your reaction time is a lot slower cause of the suprise factor, you haven't experienced this type of stuff before. The more you practice, the more you learn how to react to different kind of things and after some time they come naturaly of you cause they're on your subconciusness, you don't really think of what you're currently doing or how you do it, but more like why are you doing it. If Sheik fairs your shield, you know what his options from there on are right? It's a guesswork at predicting what they will actually do, but when you have experience, you will remember what you can do in certain situations and if you've payed attention to what they've done previously to your shield, you can make a hazard guess at what he's gonna do. If he's gonna stay there and try to deteoriate your shield with spaced dtilts, ftilts and jabs, you can try to sidestep an ftilt to slap of your own or dsmash, roll away or try to shieldgrab after the ftilt.

Most smashers play on instinct and the decisions are made in milliseconds, but mostly they work on from what they've experienced in the past. You get better at reacting to things as your experience rises, believe me that I was once extrememly slow and even nowdays I end up standing in place or teching in place and end up daired by C.Falcon cause I couldn't react fast enough. But I do know my options from thereon and what is usually the most effective one to counter a dair from Falcon. In every situation you must quickly think of your possible options and do what feels best for you, and if you can't then you can always roll away to reasseble the situation. In a situation where it's obvious how you can counterattack, for example Marth's fsmash hits your shield, should come out naturally when you practice it. In situation where C.falcon player uses Nair and goes trough your shield where he has tons of options at where to go, it gets trickier to make the right decisions and predict at what they opponent is doing and this is where observation comes into play. If he previously jumped trough your shield and dashed away, there is a good possibility that he will do so again to avoid your jumping out of shield. But even more trickier part is to expect the unexpected, prepare yourself to the situation where they will mix up their game, like that same C.Falcon, instead of dashing away will shield this time, expecting you to jump out of shield to aerial him. If you can even hazardly predict that he will change his tactic, you can change your tactic too and mix up. This time, instead of jumping out with an aerial, you either roll away from him, shield and see what he does, wd out of shield ect. You also have a lot options of what you can do and mixing them up makes you unpredictable.

My friend for example, after seeing he did go for the shieldgrab all the time due to him not really doing nothing else from the shield (though he did use his shieldgrabs in a way that he grabbed my hand or something, to extend his range an all, which was annoying), I was prepared and started using dsmashes from float cancelled aerials more, spaced my fairs and nairs out of his range, didn't go for the doubleslap that much anymore but occasionally, but instead ran away and dash danced back into a dash attack, effectively countering his shieldgrabbing tactic. He also liked to hit me with the wakeup tactic 90% of the time, occasionally rolling away, so I feinted with a dash dance that I was in his range, making him do the wakeup attack and then went to the punishment. Observe the simple little things your opponent does like where he techs, how does he do the wakeup tactic, does he jump and double jump often, how does he recover, where does he recover and what does he like to do on the ledge. If you can punish one of these actions, chances are he will now change his tactic. Commonly inexperienced players do not change tactics and sometimes when the experienced player expects them to do something else than the old stuff, they still continue to do the old stuff and the good players are caught by suprise.

Adaptation is also a big part of melee, you adap to certain situations as you play the game, you start expecting things what your opponent is doing and then you can go for the punishment when you've predicted correcly. Pro players mix up all the time to make themselves a lot less readable, unlike most players that can be obvious at times. Everyone work on instinct to some point, but the good players subdue these instincts like automatic shieldgrabbing or sidestepping, and work their way trough their habits. Everyone has their own style and what they like to do, no player is the same, so observe and learn (lol that rhymed).

Yea, it's long and boring and possibly wrong in many aspects too, I don't know, but it's really difficult to try and explain that stuff. <_> Speaking with good smashers usually helps a lot, you'll learn a lot from different smashers. :3

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQPSAL8MPUE 2:17-2:18

See how that Falco stopped for a second, then predicted your roll? It's a sing that he had predicted you, he followed you as you moved away. First time he was sidestepping after he daired your shield, was plain guesswork and it worked. Next time he did the same thing, dunno if predicted and it worked again. Now he knows you have a tendency to shieldgrab and will work something out of that. He also employed tactics he usually does, like dair out of shield as an punishment when hitting his shield which works most of the time. If he noticed it's not working he can change tactics and adapt or mix up, like he used shine from shield once instead of dair. People have their style, their tactics and their strategies which they have when versing against someone you don't know. After a brief moment they are now employing different things they do, not always approaching the same way etc. If peach were to always throw a turnip at you and then fc fair, then doubleslap, wouldn't you learn to expect that after it's been done couple of times? Adaptation is the key and it's on human nature to adapt, so learn to use it and use it well. :3 I'll do some character matchup thingies briefly to my above post.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'll try to keep all of this in mind. So far my mind is already active on things like this. more like growing. so I should get use to it. but im like a beginner with this stuff right now, hopefully I'll be able to get the hang of it

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Nice videos man, i like your peach, much better than mine, but its what im workin towards. Tough loss on the last one to fox, gay-a** shines. I dont have a lot of advice, but I would say that you have good edge play, but sometimes you hesitate or dont do the correct move (edge hog maybe or a dtilt spike possibly, you used fsmash a few times that missed when maybe a dtilt woulda connected, but the frying pan to fox was sweet). Maybe DI differently against Marth (change it up maybe).

Thats really all I got. I hope it helps, and if its wrong then my bad. Again, nice peach
lolz it wuz pretty much all i wuz going for lolz i wanted it the entire match and the when i wuz marth i wanted to ken combo alot lol..... i fail

to tell u truth dark pch you probably coulda won both games lol i think well it happens

about the friendlies between u and me dont try to cc dairs.... cuz they lead to shines

not too much advice right now cuz im tired lol :) and family guy is calling me lolz

stewie = ownage :chuckle:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Fox is not my best friend dude.. But maybe I could have won both. I had the lead in the fo x match........and as always, I screw up in the end and lose. same with the marth one.

I dont really know how to handle high level foxes. I fail bad at that.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
hmm i actually like the match up (when i play peach i mean) however the foxes i usually fight are aggro and i like to play peach defensively cuz her floats leave her in a good counterattacking position.

vs starz(example for more defensive foxes) i like to go in and out although peach isnt that fast since he camps i still can leave myself in a similar counterattacking position

so vs fox i like to counterattack pretty much......

vs marth at high dmg(for u) go ULTRA aggro vs him it doesnt matter if u get grabbed at that point because he cant combo into a kill and literally almost anythin he does wont allow him to combo into a kill (assuming u DI correctly) try it it works for me lol

LieutenantSerg

Smash Lord
Your peach is good no doubt, but you need to step up your edgegaurding game, I notice you don't try going off the stage to B-air N-air F-air etc... that usually helps a lot especially when you can predict their recovery.
also you hardly go edge hog if I remember correctly you usually just sit there and throw turnips im not saying thats bad but that does not work all the time. as for Fox im not sure what to tell ya he ***** me so much lol.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Is that with the edge guard im a coward. Is like every time I try to edge guard the RIGHT way I always end up getting attacked or I die cause I tried.. So thats why I do it the way I do now. I lack this big time

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
All I've watched so far is the 1st match vs Marth, but there are already several things that have caught my attention.

1st and foremost (and this applies to every character), work on not rolling away from the edge so much. Everyone does it at first, because they don't want to be close to the edge, equating it with death; however, predictability will hurt you a lot more against better players than being close to the edge. I don't see how the Marth didn't catch on to it and use it to set up tippers, but whatever.

2nd, work on placing your turnips properly. For one of his stock, you spammed and missed, and he got back, for another, you spammed and got lucky that he was stupid enough to keep upbing quickly. If you had of placed them better, he would have been dead for the other stock, and dead in about 2-3 turnips on the one where he actually died. Most times that you had a turnip, you got rid of it ASAP, rather than using it to set up mix-up and FC mindgames, as well as reverse into a bair.

3rd, against Marth, bait him into misspacing a SH fair, and punish with a dash attack to whatever you please. Also, if you're really feeling up to the task, you can dodge several of his moves with your dtilt, including a misspaced grab (good luck on that one). Jab more, especially on the back of his shield. Most people will roll after a FC nair doubleslap, especially if you've done two reps of it. Follow him with a dash attack or a grab. Also, mix it up between dash attacks and grabs. If you just dsmashed him and he's still close to you, he'll probably shield. Run up to him and grab him, since he's expecting the dash attack.

Another thing that works exceptionally well against ALL characters (even moreso Marth), is a stickywalk dash attack. Yeah, you heard me right. Make it look like you're going to eat one of his fairs, stickywalk so you have just enough lag to prevent yourself from being inside his range during the first one, and dash attack before the second comes out. You can do this a few times, as long as it's not a few in a row. It throws almost every character off, so feel free to try it out on all your friends. Don't do it too often, though, because some people will catch on to the fact that they're not misspacing, you're just using a different attack (essentially).

FC nairing out of sheild would have prevented a few shield grabs on his part, and parasoling through the platforms every now and again would have worked beautifully, too. Be less predictable, but take less risks simultaneously. Don't throw out a bair if you think you might get punished for it, etc.

Don't be so predictable with your recovery, also. I'm going to tell you this, then tell you to do the single most predictable thing ever to prevent it, since it was sorely missed in this match, and got you killed twice: Air dodge more when you're near finished recovering. It's harder to hit her then than it is when you're floating down with a parasol, at least for Marth.

Finally, work on your DI, PLEASE. You should NEVER be CG'ed over 8%, and the last death hurt my heart so. Also, your spacing needs some work, so focus on that some, too. You were outspaced considerably more than you should have been during that match.

With all that said and done, I like some of the things your Peach was doing, and your general style seems to be a little more aggro than most Peaches, which I like. Good use of the parasol at the beginning. Just go to more tournaments, play as many people as you can, and maybe even MM the players you know will own you, just to improve. Good Peach overall (and much better than some of the Peaches I've encountered), but you need to work on being less predictable and generally smarter. In other words, get out, and get some experience. It'll all come with that.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
All I've watched so far is the 1st match vs Marth, but there are already several things that have caught my attention.

1st and foremost (and this applies to every character), work on not rolling away from the edge so much. Everyone does it at first, because they don't want to be close to the edge, equating it with death; however, predictability will hurt you a lot more against better players than being close to the edge. I don't see how the Marth didn't catch on to it and use it to set up tippers, but whatever.

2nd, work on placing your turnips properly. For one of his stock, you spammed and missed, and he got back, for another, you spammed and got lucky that he was stupid enough to keep upbing quickly. If you had of placed them better, he would have been dead for the other stock, and dead in about 2-3 turnips on the one where he actually died. Most times that you had a turnip, you got rid of it ASAP, rather than using it to set up mix-up and FC mindgames, as well as reverse into a bair.

3rd, against Marth, bait him into misspacing a SH fair, and punish with a dash attack to whatever you please. Also, if you're really feeling up to the task, you can dodge several of his moves with your dtilt, including a misspaced grab (good luck on that one). Jab more, especially on the back of his shield. Most people will roll after a FC nair doubleslap, especially if you've done two reps of it. Follow him with a dash attack or a grab. Also, mix it up between dash attacks and grabs. If you just dsmashed him and he's still close to you, he'll probably shield. Run up to him and grab him, since he's expecting the dash attack.

Another thing that works exceptionally well against ALL characters (even moreso Marth), is a stickywalk dash attack. Yeah, you heard me right. Make it look like you're going to eat one of his fairs, stickywalk so you have just enough lag to prevent yourself from being inside his range during the first one, and dash attack before the second comes out. You can do this a few times, as long as it's not a few in a row. It throws almost every character off, so feel free to try it out on all your friends. Don't do it too often, though, because some people will catch on to the fact that they're not misspacing, you're just using a different attack (essentially).

FC nairing out of sheild would have prevented a few shield grabs on his part, and parasoling through the platforms every now and again would have worked beautifully, too. Be less predictable, but take less risks simultaneously. Don't throw out a bair if you think you might get punished for it, etc.

Don't be so predictable with your recovery, also. I'm going to tell you this, then tell you to do the single most predictable thing ever to prevent it, since it was sorely missed in this match, and got you killed twice: Air dodge more when you're near finished recovering. It's harder to hit her then than it is when you're floating down with a parasol, at least for Marth.

Finally, work on your DI, PLEASE. You should NEVER be CG'ed over 8%, and the last death hurt my heart so. Also, your spacing needs some work, so focus on that some, too. You were outspaced considerably more than you should have been during that match.

With all that said and done, I like some of the things your Peach was doing, and your general style seems to be a little more aggro than most Peaches, which I like. Good use of the parasol at the beginning. Just go to more tournaments, play as many people as you can, and maybe even MM the players you know will own you, just to improve. Good Peach overall (and much better than some of the Peaches I've encountered), but you need to work on being less predictable and generally smarter. In other words, get out, and get some experience. It'll all come with that.
This guy made me think im so bad lolz.....

he probably is right tho good observations i dont think i am that observant... about the i dunno y the marth couldnt catch on... i dunno im not that amazing in the game so probably thats y i still need much more tourney experience i started around march i need WAY more lolz -.- O.o

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Tec, you have great technicals, and your Marth is smooth, you just need to punish more and be gayer, haha. You outspaced him numerous times, though, so you're doing well. Same thing as him, just get more experience, and pay a little more attention. You won, didn't you?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
lolz dun worry bout it lolz i know wat i wuz doin i told everyone

i want ken combos lol thats all i wanted i literally wanted 4 ken combos lmao

like i wuz thinkin maybe i can catch a f-throw ken combo lol

and when i threw him up same thing i wuz like maybe i can string f-airs for the ken combo lolz LIVE FOR THE KEN COMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lolz

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I want to go to NY sometime for SSBM. If this is the level the non-pros are at, it could be a lot of fun.

Lol I agree, gay Marth is a ***** to try and take out by peach. I should know cause I play against someone who's whole gamestyle is extremely fruity.:laugh:
Try SoCal sometime, whole place should be notta but Peach players, haha. Seriously though, they play really defensively/campy there, it's interesting.

Samochan

Smash Master
Try SoCal sometime, whole place should be notta but Peach players, haha. Seriously though, they play really defensively/campy there, it's interesting.
Lol, another of my friend also plays peach with a very campy and annoying style, plus he has such a sick turnip game it makes me sick sometimes, not kidding here. So I should know about just how campy peach can get. But that's what playing with peach from almost at the start does to someone. :p

I wouldn't want to go to France though, it's littered with overly technical Falco players and I plain hate Falco. >_>

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Not to mention smelly frenchmen.

Joking aside, I don't like Falco, but since Colorado has all of 2 or 3 (if you include myself and someone else who play technical, but don't really main him), I don't worry about him too much. Plus, his recovery is a joke.

Just finished playing a friend's Fox for 3 hours. I have a headache now, but I'm glad to say that when I do finally get some videos up, I won't be ashamed.

CAN'T WAIT!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
OPk im playing my friend right now, maybe you can post fast enough to help out, Im playing his Marth and a few others, how can I keep my cool and use the advice I got from you all, Im trying but its hard to focus on what Im suppose to do, I try to be patient but its hard. I trting to work on Samochans advice she gave me to my thread about my not responding fast and not know what to do in a situtaion, etc. What can I do right now to help me im improve this problem. I have been trying all day, I think I improved a lil at it but still haveing a tuff time. Im trying to watch what he does and what to do, also when Im pinned near a coner what to do and all, its hard for me at this moment to think like that. for now Im dealing with his marth.

Samochan

Smash Master
OPk im playing my friend right now, maybe you can post fast enough to help out, Im playing his Marth and a few others, how can I keep my cool and use the advice I got from you all, Im trying but its hard to focus on what Im suppose to do, I try to be patient but its hard. I trting to work on Samochans advice she gave me to my thread about my not responding fast and not know what to do in a situtaion, etc. What can I do right now to help me im improve this problem. I have been trying all day, I think I improved a lil at it but still haveing a tuff time. Im trying to watch what he does and what to do, also when Im pinned near a coner what to do and all, its hard for me at this moment to think like that. for now Im dealing with his marth.
Don't try too hard on friendlies, you'll just overexert yourself and your brains stop working. And if something doesn't work don't get frustrated, it's just friendlies. If it doesn't work, try something new. Relax a bit, but at the same time keep an eye on the screen so you don't slack off. Research on matches at what you can do on given situation. Also practice with purpose, work on something you think needs working on and not just mindlessly playing. Experience is something that builds slowly but it's well worth it and can make a noticeable difference.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Dark pch - just do you if u r with someone u r willing to take advice from ask them to watch ure match and watch ure tendencies that helps to remove more of ure "predictability" factor actually they dont even have to be better than u (just dont ask some1 who complains about 1 or 2 moves)

ask if they see something u do too often or fall too much for that way u can enjoy simply playing the game and not having to worry bout ure improvement as much because someone can tell u wat u need to work on

after they tell you your "mistakes" think about them and play trying to fix ONE thing at a time.

If u overload yourself with improvement ideas u will just play bad :)

btw r u goin to rockin's smashfest?? maybe we can train there :)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I think i will, I'll see and thanks for the advice.

In general, Ninjalink just left my house, and after reading Samochans advice, I start to work on it, I mixed both FC and random attacks, together. cause I noticed I would FC to Dsmash alot. so I tried to say low on that. I was also able to use her Dtilt alot.And I was able to confuse him with my FC, and was a bit faster, and at times the pressure was on him too.He would get confused and I would take advantage of that. the only probel I kept having was comming bac to the stage, I would always die trying, I could not land safe, and my in range DI with combo's, those 2 things I have troube with alot today. I was also able to edge Gyard better.

When He used his Marth after reading Samochans post, I would three and 2 stock him (2 stockes the most) at times one stock, but I was able to but the pressure on him. and made it look like Peach has the advantage over Marth.

Then he used roy and I had trouble with close range DI I could not land back to the stage good and got K.O But I was able to beat his roy like I did marth

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
HAHAHAHAHAHA! OMFG!

Okay, with Roy, there's only ONE thing you need to do to wreck his whole life.

Listen carefully, this is why he's so low on the tier list.

Crouch

Cancel

Simple as that! It ruins **** near EVERY single one of his combos, and you can do it straight to a dsmash. To prove it, I played my friend's Roy like I would a Marth, and beat him by 1-2 stock. Switched to CC dsmashing with the occasional nair/killing move, and 3 stocked him on YS. IT RUINS ROY!

I ♥ Roy, but he sucks so much when people know to CC EVERYTHING EVER. Even his Fsmash can't kill until ridiculous percents if you CC tech it. XD

As for Marth, try spacing with empty floats more, then nair/dash attacking in.

Lulz @ poor Roy.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
i so forgot bout this thread lmao :)

anyway yea roy vs peach is really hard for roy jus ccc most stuff and until he tries to use the grab more jus continue d-smash hurts roy ultra bad :(

Top Bottom