• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Touhou 10.5 SWR THE THREAD

Levitas

the moon
So the demo for TH12 is released in 2 days. With sanae playable, anything is possible. Except cirno being a hard boss.

What do you guys think?

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Yeah, yeah. I've seen that. Ironically, when I was searching for how to actually use it on a Mac. **** Macs...

noradseven

Smash Lord
Please tell me there's some way to get Touhou 12 or 6 on Mac...

Which mac do you have, if you have an intel processor and a functioning graphics card yes.

I have the intel 950 chip set and I can get 9 and earlier not including 7.5 working by using my own build of wine. I haven't tried the later versions recently so I might be able to get them to work, I will try when the 12 demo comes out.

Darwine is crap but install it anyways because it gives you alot of nice libaries that you don't have to manually install.

I can tell you how to do it if you PM me.

Levitas

the moon
Reimu A is the sealing needle iirc
B is homing
MarisaA is illusion laser
B is some spread
SanaeA is kanako (snakes)
B is suwako's spread

Reimu and Marisa get familiar bombs back :)

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Japanese Brawl release.
As for the boards, I find some of their material "questionable" although most of the time it's work safe, but I'm not going to take any risks, so I'll PM you the link.

Levitas

the moon
There are some safe sites, but that was a good call, puff8.

That said, TH12's demo is out. It's really fun. Go download and play it.

PraKirJaq

Smash Journeyman
Got SWR and Imperishable Night.

Both are very fun!

I've been trying to use Sakuya in SWR particularly because of her knives cuts through other projectiles like paper. Still get owned by the easy cpu but getting there =D

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
TH12's demo is coming out tonight!
Holy crap. Must... get...

I'm a big fan of the Touhou games, although I've only heavily played IaMP and Imperishable Night. Still trying to get the other ones installed, having some problems. >_<

Still, can't wait for 12. Also can't wait to jump right into the hardest difficulty at the start like I did for IN. So much fun when you haven't even played any touhou games before.

Keine's theme is my favorite video game song. Ever. Especially the Arrow Rain remix. :3

noradseven

Smash Lord
Got SWR and Imperishable Night.

Both are very fun!

I've been trying to use Sakuya in SWR particularly because of her knives cuts through other projectiles like paper. Still get owned by the easy cpu but getting there =D
You do know she is the easiest character, and that the CPU's suck right, infact IaMP even had a mod to make them much better.

Its probably just because you don't really understand the system yet, basic strategy, is throw projectiles dash though their projectiles melee them when they are being forced to dash though yours.

Don't block too much you will just get your guard broken.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
You do know she is the easiest character, and that the CPU's suck right, infact IaMP even had a mod to make them much better.

Its probably just because you don't really understand the system yet, basic strategy, is throw projectiles dash though their projectiles melee them when they are being forced to dash though yours.

Aya is much easier than Sakuya in my opinion. :x

Or maybe not...

PraKirJaq

Smash Journeyman

I realized that it was set on the hardest difficulty instead of easy =x

But anyways, I got more accustomed to it. Thanks for the tip though.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Paletweb. It's an import site. A link can be found in the OP. It works differently than other order sites though. Not that I would know. *Where's mah SA, Paletweb?*
Also: http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Buying_Stuff
Thanks for the link.

Are there any stores that sell touhou games though? like, could i buy a game from Walmart? Or are they only sold via internet?

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Only via internet. Specifically, import sites or eBay. The Touhou Project isn't a game localized here in the U.S. (or anywhere outside of Japan for that matter; too oriental, I guess), so... yeah.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Only via internet. Specifically, import sites or eBay. The Touhou Project isn't a game localized here in the U.S. (or anywhere outside of Japan for that matter; too oriental, I guess), so... yeah.
Then how the heck did it get a western audience?

Thanks for the info, though. It's a pity that the project isn't localized, but it sounds like a genre to get into over the summer (bullet hell, not the fighting genre).

Levitas

the moon
Okami wasn't popular there or here :/

I didn't particularly enjoy the gameplay or puzzles either. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't worth my time after a while.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Uber late post.

I think IaMP is pretty fun and not hard to learn at all.

:<

No, really.

Please play it.

With me.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Okami wasn't popular there or here :/

I didn't particularly enjoy the gameplay or puzzles either. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't worth my time after a while.
It's really weird, but I agree with you. I almost didn't finish the game because it wasn't interesting enough. Which is really odd, considering a lot of effort obviously went into the game, and the controls, while not great, were for the most part good enough.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
i play it.......Seriously..Doujin is......rather not say....
i main the bunny girl =3
I hate to pry, but I really do need answers to my questions. I want to import a copy over the weekend, and I need to know everything that is necesary for safely getting a copy of any of the Touhou games stateside and the necesary steps for getting it to run on my computer.

Typically, I'm used to the platform of a game being the hardware needed to get it running. However, a doujin is typically a fan version of a commercial property - rarely does it have anything to do with the platform needed to get the software running. Thus I am confused.

Top Bottom