• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tornado for recovery question...

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
What are the specifics about why you cant use the tornado to recover after using it recently...

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
If you keep tapping b after you use the tornado, you'll get some lift from it.

If you tap b fast enough, you'll get what's called the "perfect tornado" (i think that's like, a dub, dunno if that's the real name of it)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3611692370748778742

Smashmac has an example of it in this video, but long story short,

if you tap b fast enough, you can actually GAIN a little vertical height.

I personally use the tornado

1) as the first recovery move, if I'm 99% sure i can get over the ledge and I want to throw pills

or

2) if i plan on coming from under the ledge (to avoid an edge hog, specifically) and i want to make them move.

The thing to be care about using the tornado is once you use to lift yourself, you cant do it again until you're in the "neutral" position. That's AFTER you recover, and you're standing upright completely. You HAVE to get to neutral first, simply landing wont work.

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
Ty, all i needed was that last part about the neutral position... is that the same thing with samus's grapple?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I think it is. I'm not entirely sure cause I'm not a (good/average/half-***) samus player. I'd take a stab in the dark and guess so, but I THINK you can just land with her (and link/young link). If you cant do it, then yeah, you'd probably have to make it back to neutral first.

Top Bottom