• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Top Tier vs Low Tiers ( and a few others ) Crew Battle event at apex

Do you want this event at apex

• Yes

Votes: 57 93.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 6.6%

• Total voters

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
many thanks to all that keep voting and the support.

Like I said before I know many of you are very pasionate about which event should happen, what I believe right now is to focus on the event happening, consulting the player who will participate and then come up with decisions.

Phish likn thanks for the support and the idea, dont get me wrong, its just that I feel diving righ now the audience could affect the event from happening, and from what I can take from this no matter what happens in the end everyone want to see these low tiers get their exposure :)

Also I've seen many of these dudes fight against top characters and prevail. I feel that making someone to lower their skill and abilities to give a "fair match"would defeat the purpose of the event.

Also saying that they should fight a weaker character of a top player... come on, then you are practically saying they should quit playing low tiers because they have no chance... It's better to understand character loyalty before making comments like that.

Most of these people train hard as hell, to make these matches as even as possible and to get a chance to show their skills to everyone else and give hype... by saying "hey lets balance the playing field, top players pick another character so they have a chance of beating the character" I feel its a bit insulting to the low tier passion and devotion

My two cents, please I would like to hear your feedback, Many thanks :)

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
I love this idea. High tier list needs at least one iceies. Just my opinion. Anyway, that doesn't matter, what matters is that the idea for this event would be great, and I'd love to sit and watch it myself. It would provide the low tier using champions to shine instead of get smacked out of the top eight in most melee tournaments. I hope that this goes through!
u get the point ;)

TheLake

Smash Master
I cast my vote in honor of my zelda bretheren....err sisteren...?

what...?

I believe in the hype that can be

Hyrulian Ventsboy

Smash Rookie
A tier war? If anbody already suggested it id say we go with an event that can showcase some of our promising lower grade players perhaps give them the chance to prove somethng. Id love to see the skill of more less advanced players duking it out and maybe giving like the top 6 a chance to take on a pro. Whether single, teamed or special melee type madness. Anybody else consider this worth a shot to talk about?

Hyrulian Ventsboy

Smash Rookie
A series of Theme events~Pokemon Party(Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pichu, Mewtwo battle using only pokeballs. Pokemon stadium or Pokefloats . no one can deal a Ko except by pokemon. Accidental kos not by pokemon take one point from each other opponent. Specific pokemon appearances(such as legendaries) also add a point even if none are kod by the pokemon. Ill think of more...

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Good idea, but the way it was proposed and the players suggested sounds like a terrible idea. Why not make it a standard crew battle, 4 stocks each, no points, don't call the low tiers 'good guys', don't call high tiers 'bad guys', don't use the absolute top level for high tiers, etc.

Update the OP with a more legitimate sounding event.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
Good idea, but the way it was proposed and the players suggested sounds like a terrible idea. Why not make it a standard crew battle, 4 stocks each, no points, don't call the low tiers 'good guys', don't call high tiers 'bad guys', don't use the absolute top level for high tiers, etc.

Update the OP with a more legitimate sounding event.
Thanks for the Feedback, there are two reasons of why the event idea is different from a standard crew battle.

Explaining the Crew battle format:

Like I said this is an event clearly to make the Pro low tier players have a chance to fight top players using Top tier characters. If it was a standard crew battle, most of the players will only face one opponent... I know for a fact that many of the audience would like to watch Taj's Mewtwo or HDL's Link Strategy against each of the top tier characters: Fox, Falco, Capnt, Peach, Marth etc.

please let me know if you understood my point

Now to address your player query:

In the beggining I chose the Best from USA, Mango, M2K, Hbox... etc etc, Then I tweaked the list to "balance it a bit more" However I want this to be a clash of skill, By no means I want this to become an event with amateur players. I want quality of players in both sides. I changed the list of the top tier players because in reallity even other top players with top tier characters loses to these guys ( not that I dont believe in upsets ) but I wanted to give the a fair chance.

Still the list of players being: Sfat, S2J, Pew Pew U etc its still a good, high level and great knowledge of their characters crew.

I hope with that being said I addressed your concern Purpletuce :)

Thanks for the support

G3TL05T

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure Samus, Ganon, and Doc count as low tiers. Maybe if they were the Bad Guys, since you're putting the Heroes against Hungrybox, PPU, and Kirby Kaze. HBox is one of the best in America, and KK is the best in Canada, and PPU beat Mango and Doh with Shroomed. It seems kind of lopsided, not by tiers, but by player skill.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
StrongBad's DK
Axe's Pikachu
VectorMan's Yoshi
Taj's Mewtwo

MAKE THIS HAPPEN

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I think this is a really neat idea.

Also, any chance of getting say... M2K's Mewtwo or Mango's Mario on the low tier side? If we put all the top 4 on the high tier end of the crew battle, I think it'd end up a little stacked.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
M2K's Mewtwo on the Low Tier side would create mass hype I'm sure. Mario isn't low tier though. And neither is Luigi anymore as of the 26th last month. Would love to see Mango play as Link though.

I now also realise Pikachu isn't Low Tier anymore.

Top Bottom