• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Surprises in Brawl: What Blew You Away?

Tunaria

Smash Rookie
1. When the first teaser trailer came out.
I doubt anything could have exited the fans more when the first video came out, confirming that the next Smash game was in production.

2. Snake.
I still remember watching the last part of the first video over and over, just in case my mind was playing tricks on me. It was two surprises at once :)

3. Sonic.
Though his inclusion was more obvious than Snake, I was still exited when he was announced as a playable character. Of course, listening to Live and Learn made it even more sweet!

4. The impressive soundtrack.
With over 300 tracks of both old, new and remixed music, it was next to impossible to go wrong in the music-department.

5. The SSE.
At first I thought it was just an improved adventure mode with coop. Boy, was I wrong. Both the length and replayability of SSE are amazing, to say the least.

Now, to add some spice to this sweet topic, top 5 WTF-moments:

1. The characters who were cut/didn't make it.
R.I.P. Mewtwo and Roy...and Pichu, to a lesser extent. I just don't feel that their exclusion has been justified.

2. R.O.B.
Though not surprised in a negative way, it did give me the same WTF-feeling that G&W gave me.

3. The Starfox-trio.
Though not clones, they did have a similar moveset and the, somewhat, same FS. They're still a nice addition to Brawl, though.

4. The Secret Characters.
It's probably just me, but the cast of unlockable characters doesn't feel as exiting as those in Melee.

5. The vocal parts in the Metroid remixes.
They just don't feel appropriate.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
The soundtrack
Sonic
Diddy Kong
stage builder
This world
he stupidity of Smashboard members (and I'm not just talking about the ones who came from GameFAQs)

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
Top 5

5. SSE: I was surprised to actually see a fighting game like SSB get a story mode

4. Assist Trophies: It's like poke'mon, but better.

3. Stage Builder: It was a hope that all of us had since SSB came out (or melee for some).

2. Wi-fi: We can play with anyone around the world, awsome.

1. 3rd Party Characters (Snake and Sonic): Who thought that they would finally do it....i didnt care that sanke made it in, it jsut gave me hope for Sonic, and look what happened.

Top Bottom