• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Qualities of a Good Player

UltraKyu

Smash Cadet
1) Ability to use Advanced Techniques at any time in a game if you need them.
2) Being able to use mind-games to your advantage, like dash-dancing, dash-cancelling, foxtrotting etc.
3) Ability to adapt to your opponents playstyle.
4) Ability to use the stage and maybe your opponents attacks (like bananas, mines etc.) to your advantage.
5) A "Pro" also needs perfect timing.
6) You have to think outside the box and use your character to his maximum potential.

cya

Finkledoodoo

Smash Cadet
I'd probably say that in brawl, the big thing will be the ability to counter-pick characters and stages well. Since tech skill is not as crucial as it was in melee, I guess the understanding (and abuse) of character pros and cons vs other characters and on certain stages will play a major role.

Besides that, I guess the ability to place yourself in an advantageous situation, also forcing pressure and mistakes on your opponent could make you a champ. Maybe being able to master the few advanced moves the game has may help: ie studder stepping, foxtrotting, dash dancing, dxl cancelling, ect...

Idk...

Deadandlivin

Smash Apprentice
Play defensively. Allways keep an eye on your opponent, watch him carefully, jump incase he missle camps and missle camp back.
Understand how your attack works and when they'll hit.
NEVER APPROACH, once again, play defensively. Use ranged well.

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
Play defensively. Allways keep an eye on your opponent, watch him carefully, jump incase he missle camps and missle camp back.
Understand how your attack works and when they'll hit.
NEVER APPROACH, once again, play defensively. Use ranged well.
I cant tell if youre joking or not, I sure hope youre not. I use Meta Knight, so how am I supposed to NEVER APPROACH? >_>

mzink*

Smash Ace
i think in brawl one of the more important skills is creativity and the ability to adapt to your opponent and outsmart him.

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
The top quality of a good player is the desire to win. If someone wants to win, they'll do whatever it takes. They'll learn how to outsmart their opponent, and they'll learn how to make their opponent make a mistake so that they can punish them. You could learn every tactic in the game, but if you don't have the desire to win, you won't.

Top Bottom