• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
If statements from other players holds weight, oro thinks I'm easily the #2 zss. I just didn't want to appeal to authority.

Vixen

Premium
huge video dump incoming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E_ieSSThKY vs ForteFreak MK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og0Fwrs6sC8 vs TommyDerMeister Roy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP2Cco6bRQk vs Wafty Wario
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h_ij3QPBDw vs GG7 C. Falcon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2kUtuiDIn4 vs ForteFreak Diddy/MK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbRc-9Dd1-c vs Hungrybox Puff/Olimar/Mario
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJJWjTzBB2Q vs Neon Lucas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I20nWLLsRw vs GG7 C. Falcon

Silly Kyle vs me hasn't been recorded in a while, when I played SS it wasn't on the streaming laptop, and the last time I played Tai in bracket my laptop overheated so the footage was corrupted. I don't think I've played k9 on a streaming tv in forever either.

I can post bracket images too if people need.

Last edited:

Vixen

Premium
Really? I've never seen them fight in a mirror match. I just watched a recent tourney where Neon almost beat Mew2King and he was new to the crowd, including myself.
mirror matches don't mean ****.

Neon's been the best Lucas since forever. He just doesn't get the exposure the way PinkFresh does. Living near Gimr kinda helps.

If you looked on Reddit, like half the gifs on 4ch and reddit are of neon doing stupid crazy **** loooool.

Nazo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nazoplex
The main reason most people haven't heard of Neon until now is because the PM community doesn't watch streams that aren't VGBootCamp. Do some digging around Youtube/Twitch and you'd be surprised at how many potentially top players there are.

Vixen

Premium
^times a thousand. Exposure is everything. Most people **** on or ignore az despite our state being probably the 2nd or 3rd best nationally as a region.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
What happened to Disqobunny? He hasnt been to any of the more recent IAB and wasnt at LTC2 either as far as I can tell. Did he retire from smash?

1FD

Smash Ace
totes to nazo and vixen
I haven't been out and about much but i've seen more players with no exposure that i'm scared of than players who have exposure
Smash is vast and the players are widespread and everywhere
This community is sexy
Did I mention sexy?
This game is sexy

metroid1117

Smash Master
^times a thousand. Exposure is everything. Most people **** on or ignore az despite our state being probably the 2nd or 3rd best nationally as a region.
Seriously, AZ is really good. The top 5 regions (in no particular order) are definitely Chicago, MDVA, Socal, AZ, and Texas IMO. As a region, Texas is most likely better than Chicago, but I can't really comment on other regional differences.

(inb4 MDVA brings up the Chicago crew battle)

Last edited:

Moli

Smash Cadet
Stauffy shouldn't be up as a top SoCal player he isn't pr'd and hasn't shown up to any tourneys really he went to the one and did well but same to a few others that weren't pr'd either.

Humble Dojo

Smash Apprentice
My biggest hope for now is that after Low Tier City 2 people will stop sleeping on the west coast. Az and SoCal have world class talent. We just dont travel much.

Vixen

Premium
in terms of raw talent its probably az/socal > texas > mdva/tristate > everyone else

There's also always people like JaimeHR who transcend regions and just **** on everyone.

Last edited:

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to take a stab at a regions tier list just for fun. Please feel free to trash talk my list haha.

S: Texas, SoCal, Tristate, AZ
A: Florida, Chicago, MDVA
B: OK, Massachusetts, Washington

note: this is only U.S. regions, so no Europe, Canada, etc.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I have no idea what this means. xD
pullin a vixen
its when you get gud
get on list by boopin countless fools
MiA for a few months
come back like
wdf
y not on top 3 still
lel

Last edited:

kchamp523

Smash Cadet
The main reason most people haven't heard of Neon until now is because the PM community doesn't watch streams that aren't VGBootCamp. Do some digging around Youtube/Twitch and you'd be surprised at how many potentially top players there are.
This. Once I found out Neon was going to LTC 2, I immediately knew he would surprise everybody.

POOB

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to take a stab at a regions tier list just for fun. Please feel free to trash talk my list haha.

S: Texas, SoCal, Tristate, AZ
A: Florida, Chicago, MDVA
B: OK, Massachusetts, Washington

note: this is only U.S. regions, so no Europe, Canada, etc.
Damn... we gotta step it up MA!

Then again, everyone is saying their region is the best so MA for top tier :D

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Yeah, for the last few months we just settled for getting bodied by Texas XD. The gap is closing a bit though...

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
My lucario has improved a ton recently, still coming for that spot ;).

Click here for pretty stuff
Do you know if it's possible if you can make Kailex's post mine so I can expand this list? I think I'm approaching the character limit. Can you do it @Aerodrome ???

Didn't NinjaLink drop Roy for Diddy now? *elbow jabs*

@ KayB KayB I think you missed my post earlier, I would like my match vs. M2K added to the list plox,
I'm halting all updates until I can fix the character limit problem.

throwing SCG | Dad in the mix as one of the top 3 squirtles. AZ states he is better than Burnsey?
Also SCG | Zeej pretty much whooped up on the other Ness players at LTC2 besides awestin. awestin states Zeej is a very likely #2-#3 ness
Gnosis placed higher than Grabbit and also beat him 2-0. Is he #2 yet? Oklahoma wants love.
See above. So Dad's from SCG? Noted.

If statements from other players holds weight, oro thinks I'm easily the #2 zss. I just didn't want to appeal to authority.
Travel more plssss. When did Oro say this out of curiosity?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO_O33uIHX4#t=1572

Hopefully I can rise on this list someday.
Noted. I'll update soon maybe hopefully.

mirror matches don't mean ****.

Neon's been the best Lucas since forever. He just doesn't get the exposure the way PinkFresh does. Living near Gimr kinda helps.

If you looked on Reddit, like half the gifs on 4ch and reddit are of neon doing stupid crazy **** loooool.
People sort of treat PF as if he's only good because he gets exposure, but people also forget he's beaten Oro?!, K9, Kirk Q, Strong Bad, Eli, Gallo, Frozen, ZeRo, and all of MD/VA at some point. It isn't just exposure, PF is the real deal. Whether he's better than Neon has always been debatable.

That's what's this list is for maaaaaan.

Seriously, AZ is really good. The top 5 regions (in no particular order) are definitely Chicago, MDVA, Socal, AZ, and Texas IMO. As a region, Texas is most likely better than Chicago, but I can't really comment on other regional differences.

(inb4 MDVA brings up the Chicago crew battle)
in terms of raw talent its probably az/socal > texas > mdva/tristate > everyone else

There's also always people like JaimeHR who transcend regions and just **** on everyone.
Wow, people sleep on Florida hard. FL has Porkchops, Wizzrobe, Plup, ESAM, and Nick Riddle, and they have some really good players that don't travel out of state like BleaGelo, Prof, Spider Sense, Xaltis, and Master Raven.

Last edited:

Bryonato

Green Hat
I love Zeej and his Ness but IMO he is not top 3. At this point in time I think Ness top 3 is very clearly:
Awestin
NZA
Tetraflora

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Who the heck is Tetraflora
He hasnt been to any large tournies but is a very prominent netplay player. I thought he mained kirby though lol

Btw, Hylian already gave you the second post. He was saying last page he merged 2-3 posts but finally found how to do it. So the updates can continue :)

metroid1117

Smash Master
Wow, people sleep on Florida hard. FL has Porkchops, Wizzrobe, Plup, ESAM, and Nick Riddle, and they have some really good players that don't travel out of state like BleaGelo, Prof, Spider Sense, Xaltis, and Master Raven.
Dang it I forgot about Florida -___-.

Vixen

Premium
Kayb I can link you the convo I had with oro at some point. I'm considering traveling next year if I don't quit. Quitting smash has been on my mind for a while. It's about equal to my desire to travel and show the world that my zss is the truth. Started a full time job last month so I'm just saving money and accruing pto.

Also I know what pf has done but I've also played him and neon. I'm a decent study, hence my statement that I think neon is a better player.

What I would love to see is them play in the same brackets together and see who outplaces who.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom