• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Man's Toplist of Moves (Mega Man Moveset Tier List)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

Top Man has made a Tier List out of Mega Man's moves and their usefulness.
Now he wants you to share your list.
List Mega Man's moves in the tiers below.
(You are allowed to create/remove a tier if you feel the need.)

Top:

High:

Mid:

Low:

Bottom:

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Top:
Nair
Rush Coil
Bair
Uair
High:
Fair
Jab
Grab
Metal Blade
Dthrow
Fsmash
Mid:
Dash Attack
Utilt
Bthrow
Fthrow
Dair
Pummel
Dsmash
Dtilt
Usmash
Crash Bomber
Ftilt
Leaf Shield
Low:
Uthrow
Bottom:

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
why is crash bomb so low?
Because that's how I feel about it as we speak.
Don't get me wrong, though. I love the move. Lots of mindgames and Shield Breaking-fun.

Feel free to put it where ever you like, if you make a list, bro.

Last edited:

Zori

Smash Champion
Nair
F-tilt
Metal Blade
Uptilt

High
Up air
Bair
Jab
Rush Coil
Grab
Down Throw
Foward smash

Mid
Fair
Dash attack
Down tilt
Up throw
Foward/Back throw

Low
Crash Bomb
Leaf Shield

Kid_Cupid

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nature_Cupid
3DS FC
1607-2414-0781
Bair
Up air
Uptilt
Down Smash
Dash Attack

High
Back Throw/Forward
Down Throw
Rush Coil
Fair
Forward Smash
Jab
Nair
Forward Tilt
Down Tilt
Metal Blade

Mid
Crash Bomb
Grab
Pummel
Up Throw

Low
Leaf Shield

Abortion Doc

Smash Cadet
I don't think categorizing Mega Man's moves into a tier list is an effective way to frame the way one thinks about playing Mega Man. I will agree that there are some moves which are significantly more useful than others, for example Crash Bomb is much more useful than Leaf Shield. However, I don't like the idea of presenting some moves as better or "higher tier", than others. I say this because I think it is more practical to talk about how to use each individual move in real, in game situations, which I think invites more creativity into Mega Man's game.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Top:
Jab
Fair
Dtilt
Crash Bomber
Metal Blade (In Hand)
High:
Grab
DThrow
Nair
Utilt
UAir
Bair
Metal Blade (Just the Move)
Fsmash
Rush
Mid:
Dash Attack
Bthrow
Fthrow
Dair
Pummel
Usmash
Ftilt
Uthrow
Low:
DSmash
Bottom:
Leaf Shield

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
Top:
Rush Coil
Metal Blade
Nair
Bair
Uair

High:
Fair
Jab
Dtilt
Usmash
Grab
Dthrow
Bthrow

Mid:
Dash Attack
Crash Bomber
Leaf Shield
Fsmash
Ftilt
Utilt
Fthrow

Low:
Uthrow
Dair
Ddsmash

I seem to find Leaf Shield a lot more useful than you guys. I think it's great for approaching and grappling when you can bait a shield grab, shield, spot dodge, or rolling dodge with it. I also really like Usmash - comes out quick, has a small suction effect that allows it to effectively out prioritize most aerials, and isn't as punishable as his other smashes.

I can't really find a use for Uthrow, which doesn't seem to reliably combo into anything when your opponent knows how to vector. Dair is very situational with its ending lag and small hitbox. Dsmash I just find too dangerous. Even if you do land a hit, if your opponent shields or gets hit by the sour spot they can punish you easily. Maybe I'm using it the wrong way?

BBC7

Smash Ace
Top:
Rush Coil
Metal Blade
Nair
Bair
Uair

High:
Fair
Jab
Dtilt
Usmash
Grab
Dthrow
Bthrow

Mid:
Dash Attack
Crash Bomber
Leaf Shield
Fsmash
Ftilt
Utilt
Fthrow

Low:
Uthrow
Dair
Ddsmash

I seem to find Leaf Shield a lot more useful than you guys. I think it's great for approaching and grappling when you can bait a shield grab, shield, spot dodge, or rolling dodge with it. I also really like Usmash - comes out quick, has a small suction effect that allows it to effectively out prioritize most aerials, and isn't as punishable as his other smashes.

I can't really find a use for Uthrow, which doesn't seem to reliably combo into anything when your opponent knows how to vector. Dair is very situational with its ending lag and small hitbox. Dsmash I just find too dangerous. Even if you do land a hit, if your opponent shields or gets hit by the sour spot they can punish you easily. Maybe I'm using it the wrong way?
Landing a Down Smash is more about making a heavy read than it is about actually being reliable. It's worth it if you can get in a moment where you just know you can nail them with a Down Smash, but it's bad otherwise because if they can tell you're going for something heavy, they can avoid it with a little bit of reading of their own.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I can't really find a use for Uthrow
Uthrow has a use.
ironically, though, its usefulness applies Vs good players but not Vs bad players.
It's all thanks to Dthrow. Dthrow is amazing, and good players know this.
Therefore they vector UP, with Dthrow in mind, because they're afraid of a potential string or combo.
I've killed light characters at around 100% with Uthrow this way. It's hilarious.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Top:
Slash Claw (Bair)
Nair
Air Shooter (Uair)
Slide (Dtilt)
Rush Coil
Hard Knuckle (Dair)

High:
Bthrow
Mega Upper (Utilt)
Grab
Metal Blades
Flame Sword (Fair)
Ftilt
Spark Shock (Usmash)

Mid:
Jab

Top Spin (Dash attack)
Fthrow
Flame Blast (Dsmash)
Charge Shot (Fsmash)

Low:
Dthrow
Crash Bomber
Pummel
Uthrow

Bottom:
Leaf Shield

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
Top:
Fair
Bair
Rush Coil

High:
Dtilt
Dash Attack
Crash Bomber
Bthrow
A Combo
Dthrow

Mid:
FSmash
Ftilt
Dthrow
Metal Blade
Fthrow
Uair
Usmash
Utilt

Low:

DSmash
Dair
Uthrow
Nair

Bottom:

Leaf Shield (Never use it EVER)

BBC7

Smash Ace
Top:
1. Rush Coil/Up B (hitstun cancels, high vertical recovery and you can even use it to stall in the air by jumping on Rush + Up B)
2. Slash Claw/Bair (great as a gimping tool and aerial offense, one off-stage Bair and your opponent better hope they can recover)
3. Flame Sword/Fair (hitbox stays out long enough so you can fastfall and hit, good knockback, sets up gimps, good approach)
4. Metal Blade/Neutral B (an overall good projectile with mindgames, tech, and utility to support it. can buffer U-Tilt)

High:
5. Jumped Pellet/Nair (annoying move due to hitstun and quick fire, can lead into heavy knockback if close enough, hits jumpers)
6. Super Arm/Grab (extremely quick and difficult to punish unless seeked out, some battles can be won primarily off grab spacing)
7. Charged Shot/F-Smash (kills really early with range, easy to land even when fully charged, be wary of reflectors)
8. Mega Upper/Shoryuken/U-Tilt (kills even earlier than F-Smash, good with Metal Blade although bad on its own)
9. Down Throw (leads into setups with moves such as Fair or even possibly Uair, and will usually force opponents to vector up)
10. Top Spin/Dash Attack (does decent damage and good knockback, picks up items which makes for good mindgames)
11. Slide/D-Tilt (acts as secondary DA, doesn't do as much damage as DA but is more instant and can hit off-guard opponents)
12. Crash Bomb/Side B (excellent mindgame tool, hindered because it can't guarantee damage and can even damage you)
13. Spark Shock/U-Smash (beats most aerial approaches and can be used in a bait, rather safe compared to his other smashes)
14. Back Throw (good overall damage and can set up gimps at edges, Down Throw is better for center stage)

Mid:
15. Air Shooter/U-Air (kills at good percents, but the hitboxes are really hard to understand and can't be easily thrown out for a hit)
16. Pellet/Jab (not bad, but Nair is better unless you can't consistently short-hop)
17. Walking Pellet/F-Tilt (is useful since you can cancel a Dash with a pivot F-Tilt, but most punishable variant of pellets/lemon)
18. Up Throw (only usable after a few Down Throws since your opponent will vector up and get hit by Uair for a kill, not reliable)
19. Leaf Shield/Down B (I don't consider this bottom, you can shorthop it to make use of startup and it goes well with OOS movement)

Low:
20. Front Throw (nothing spectacular, Back or Down are better options)
21. Fire Blast/Down Smash (very laggy, slow startup, and decent for hard reads. very good kill power though)
22. Hard Knuckle/Down Air (spike hitbox is hard to land, the move has too much lag and is only usable as an approach on a completely open opponent)
23. Pummel (has no real use other than to get 1 or 2 in on a grab before a throw, since too many pummels can give time for an escape)

Roll:

24. Mega Man Legends/Black Hole Bomb/Final Smash (no competitive use, therefore making it useless to whoever is reading this)

GoodJobDino

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3067-6940-8635
May I ask you why you think so, bro?
Indeed you may, my good man. I would argue that leaf shield is better than dair because dair is rarely as useful. It has a small hit chance, and short range on top of that. Whereas leaf shield is more useful both in the air and on the ground, as well as comboing with grabs. dair is really only useful for meteoring (is that the right term? still new.) which, as I pointed out, is a pain to hit anyways.

Korpocalypse

Smash Journeyman
with explanations

Top:
crash bomb (super low endlag, great range, combine w/ fully charged fsmash for 100% shield destruction[untested])
jab/nair/ftilt (mix up 1, 2, and 3 shots for less chance to punish via air approach. jump midmove (multishot or single shot) to stop the midair approach directly)
nair(works better than fair after dthrow imo)
rush coil (get out of combos, bad thrown positions, combos, bad situations, combos. combine w/ leaf shield for added damage during airdodge on the way back down)

High:
nocharge fsmash (amazing, AMAZING for mixing in with your jab/neutral game. if they pursue/approach they get punished. if they don't they're a little farther from you. both good. PLUS kills at 130-150+)
upsmash (great at catching people right after airdodge, or after throws. good for damage, but also kills at 130+)
shoryuken (kills at like 85-90 if you sweetspot it bruh. Roll into it or let them roll into it and you've got a satisfying kill)
slidetackle (dtilt) (another mixup option for with your jabs and retreating turnaround nocharge fsmash. can catch landing opponents as well)
upair (great for after airdodges and throws. If you can rush coil up and initiate one at the peak of that jump, it'll almost always kill)

Mid:
dash attack (similar to slidetackle/dtilt but more hitboxes. really good for a mixup with your other neutral game options if the opponent isn't shielding. amazing for catching landing opponents. Also great for right after landing a buzzsaw)
buzzsaw (I can't seem to find a perfect place for this yet. It alternates with crash bomb well. is cool to throw down after a full jump to stifle approaches, and is cool on the ledge as well if thrown diagonally to prevent jumping recoveries. Slower delay than crash bomb i think)
downsmash (will kill if the very first part of the attack at the very surface of the ground connects. This is ideal for opponents falling after b-ups as well as using slow moves that you spotdodged. Typically the shoryuken is a better option because it's faster. But even though the dsmash hitbox comes out later, it covers more area w/ it's killing hitbox as long as they're on the ground!! doesn't kill well if they're not present on frame 1 of the hitbox or if they're off the ground at all)

Low:
fully charged fsmash (I love this move but it's frustrating that many characters can reflect or even carry it's damage for later use against you. I like to sit at about the middle of FD to charge it when they're on the ledge to see if they'll get onstage wrong and die. kills at 100+ or so)
bair (blades are cool because you can spike with the second of the three hits if you land mid-attack. You have to have your back to the ledge and they have to basically be offstage but the first hit pushes them back and the second hit pushes them down and the third hit kills so if you can just land at the right time and hit them down it can be useful. Otherwise it's a kill move if you can land it. I have trouble w/ airdodgers on this one)
dair (I love throwing out this move off a shorthop offstage when they're recovering in hopes it'll connect, but I land them too infrequently and it seems too easy to get around to be of any consistent usefulness. That said, as long as you connect with super fighting robot's body, it'll hit away and only slightly up with a strength that'll probably kill fairly early.)
fair (I feel like this move needs to be higher on this list, but the only real use i get out of this move is against other super fighting robots when we're jabbing each other and punish w/ fh ff fair (full hop, fast fall, forward air) It's also sort of useful for shutting down aerial approaches but nair does that just fine. If megaman develops into an aerial character i'm sure it'll be about as useful as marth's forward air (the speed! the disjointedness! the flamezzz!!!)

bottom:
rush coil sucks for recovering because on your way up you can't airdodge or attack or anything so it's better to use it earlier in the recovery such that when you get near the stage you can just use your second jump and then airdodge the edgeguard if need be

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
You know, I think I wrote off Uair a little early, as I played a friend who juggles me with it rather well in succession. He also used some of the techs I found/brought to attention, which was pretty awesome. He didn't even main Mega but he was great with him.

But yeah, Uair isn't too bad.

BBC7

Smash Ace
You know, I think I wrote off Uair a little early, as I played a friend who juggles me with it rather well in succession. He also used some of the techs I found/brought to attention, which was pretty awesome. He didn't even main Mega but he was great with him.

But yeah, Uair isn't too bad.
Along with Shulk and Ganondorf, do you still play Mega Man? I hope you haven't lost interest in him, most of the discoveries about him were found by you, after all.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Along with Shulk and Ganondorf, do you still play Mega Man? I hope you haven't lost interest in him, most of the discoveries about him were found by you, after all.
I played him a ton in the demo, so I think I kinda wore myself out on him lol. I plan to play him still, but due to wanting to play so many characters I temporarily stopped playing him.

I played two great MM users though, and they've rekindled my desire to use him(I still planned to, but sooner rather than later.).

I'll use him still, just a matter of when.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
Personally I'm a bit against the idea of putting his moves on a tier since I really strongly feel like he needs every move, even if many of them are situational. But if I had to list them, assuming none of them are useless per se but just not as used as essential as others I feel it's kind of this right now:

top:

nair/a/ftilt: I count it all together because it's all a part of the same idea imo. It's the core of his whole playstyle, and probably the biggest reason people initially find him hard to play because you have to get out of the mindset of these three "moves" being separate, jab moves and think of it...like you're playing a Mega Man game. It's your main weapon, and with use of jump cancelling and mix up of other moves his main spacing tool. Important to remember the initial shot when super close is a knock back.

Metal Blade (b) mastery of this move is imo going to be one of the things that makes or breaks people using this character. It has so many different uses, ranging from its standard 8-way shot to throwing it like an object, and some additional stopping power when spacing with neutral pellets. I've even used it to sort of "disrupt" the flow of dash attack happy players who may accidentally pick it up. By far it's most critical use is as an aerial move to "buffer" into ground moves like utilt, which at a critical time could decide the match.

bair I feel when gamecube controllers get here with the wii-u version, along with c-sticks this move is going to become more important. It's just an all around excellent move that' fast, has great range, a reliable hitbox, and high knockback. It's prime pivot short hop material and just an incredibly solid move.

utilt: The Mega Upper. It's extremely situational but despite that I'm listing it this high, because I feel like this move could actually define this character as a threat in the meta game. It's Mega Man's own version of Rest, in that past a certain relatively low percentage it's practically a guaranteed kill and with almost no start up delay, and the new found knowledge that it can be buffered after aerial Metal Blade...the opponent knowing you have this move at your disposal on top of all of your options could make them even more careful about approach and offense. Even simply shielding an attack and countering with this move if they're in position is a possibility to fear. Knowing this move inside and out, and when to do it (as its extremely bad recovery makes it an all in risky move) I feel could underline a lot of Mega Man's matches. It's his ace-in-the-hole move.

high:

fair: Good range, damage, reliable speed and no recovery despite low knockback. Another overall solid air move that'll probably become even more important with c-sticks and better aerial control. Probably going to be an essential tool for any form of juggling

Slide (dtilt): Despite low knockback and damage it's a very reliable move with great range and speed that can also double as an escape move. I find myself using it pretty often even if it's not a real deadly move, just because it's very safe.

Crash Bomb (forward-B): It's a really important pressure tool to use as often as you can. Although it can be used against you, it's main purpose far outweighs that drawback. Hell even its explosion hurting me I've felt has actually helped a few times. The uses of this move kinda remind me of Snakes' grenades in Brawl to an extent, I still feel like I haven't really figured this move out as much as I could even but for the time being it still has solid purpose.

Up-Smash - A good all around up-smash that can be used after a full dash offensively, but is best suited to being defensive since it also serves as a pseudo anti air. "sucks" in opponents and has good damage and knockback, and probably has some juggle potential. Just an all around solid move.

mid:

Mega Buster (f-smash) Even if it has some drawbacks it's probably one of my most used kill moves. The uncharged version is particularly good for "sniping" people getting crazy through spacing, and as a knockback projectile to throw into the mix or for just general forward-smash duties. The charged version is huge and easily kills, although of course it has charge up. The fireball is so big though that it goes through the stage a bit and can actually catch people hanging on an edge if it just manages to hit them after the invincibility period runs out. Charging it can allow you to "psyche out" people too. Despite the fact I use it fairly often and it being for all intents and purposes a superb front smash move, the reason I put it in mid is because I feel it's important not to become overly reliant on it since some characters do have reflects and it is still a projectile. It's recovery is kinda iffy too but not too bad.

Dash attack: The tornado spin has decent damage and sub-par knockback but it's still important as a pressure tool to keep the opponent from becoming too comfortable. It's a reliable and relatively safe way to rack up a little extra damage too, although you don't want to do it too much as it can be telegraphed somewhat easily. It's an important move and it's really solid, but one that you need to have some self control over. Great for catching landing opponents if you don't have anything else to get to them with fast enough.

Down-Smash: I feel people sell this move kind of short. It may not be as fast as Up-Smash but it's much more powerful and covers a fair amount of space around Mega Man. Because of its slight startup and awkward recovery (you'd think the fire pillars would protect you but they don't much. Gotta land the hit upon start or you missed.) it is definitely more situational than up-smash, but it's an amazing move to counter with after shielding and attack or to catch roll-happy players...or players rolling behind you in general. A bit of telegraphing may be required there but it's a reliable move for that purpose.

Leaf Shield (down B): Honestly the more time goes by the more important this move becomes. It's really funny seeing people list it as the worst move earlier prematurely because that's just blatantly ignorant of its really important uses. As well as a projectile cancelling anti projectile (except a few like Samus' charged shot, could be good to know those.) it's just flares to make Mega Man a bit harder to hit for speedy rush down characters that can give you a chance to grab since the leaves hitting nicely buffers into one. As Styles has shown too, it's an almost hilariously effective edge gimping tool though of course you may have to be careful there as you can't rush coil while it's up, but I've even stood on the ledge with this shield up and caused some characters' recovery to just get screwed beyond repair for some reason. Short hop activating it (hold down diagonal forward, tap jump+B) makes it more convenient on the spot.

uair: It's definitely not useless, it's actually very bothersome for the other guy. It is a projectile, but I feel it's best to think of it like a melee move as that guarantees sending the opponent for a ride, although using its projectile can give people coming down from the air more to worry about. Another move that'll probably become a bit more important when we get gamecube controllers.

low:

dair: It's not a bad move but it's definitely my least used. As far as down-spikes go it gets the job done, and the fact it's a projectile gives it good range. It's hitbox is just so narrow though that its tough to land. It's really useful when the opponent is recovering alongside the wall of the stage from down below giving you a perfect line-up to shoot them down. Short hopping with it and using it for occasional mixups on stage isn't bad too though it's no Ganondorf dair.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I missjudged CB a bit, and I REALLY missjudged LS.
LS is really great at forcing ppl to wiff.

*edited their placement into my OP.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Bair is definitely getting me excited. I barely use it as an approach because its a bair and I'm using a 3ds control stick (so fuddat), but it's a Brawl MK-like move in power and range and speed. When I hear people say Megaman has hard counters due to reflects and characters that nullify projectiles, I look at moves like bair and fair and dtilt and I think "Megaman could use these two moves all day in reflector-matchups and be fine."

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
Top Tier:
Fair -Great for approaches, quick, disjointed. It has all the makings of a great spacing move. It's so high because it's probably his most reliable spacing move.

Bair -12% damage is pretty nice, as well as good kill power and great for edgeguarding. Though it easy to miss the finisher hit at times while landing, this move is undeniably great.

DA- I think Dash Attack is very, very good. It doesn't do massive amounts of damage (though 10% maximum isn't bad at all), and neither does it KO. However, it goes past shields and is fairly safe anyway. It also has the tendency to eat a lot of a shield, at least for a Dash Attack. It's the move you'll want to use to quickly pick up a Metal Blade, which makes how safe it is more appreciated. I have also had it clank with projectiles such as Dr. Mario's pills, so its priority is also fairly decent. Just an overall good move, with no real flaw. However, the ending it a little bit laggy, but much like Dtilt this doesn't bother you too much because of the fact it moves. Don't spam it, but make sure you do remember to use it every now and again on their shield because it really can apply pressure.

High Tier:
Dtilt -Goes past shields making it hard to punish, and the close-range hit does 8% which is very decent. The fact it moves makes it unusual. It is a little bit laggy on the ending, which means it isn't completely safe. Unlike the DashAttack, it only hits a shield once, which I think makes it place just under it.

Nair -Very nice for spacing, as well as just throwing out a couple percent every now and then. The close-up hitbox does 4% total, as well as an unfitting amount of knockback. It isn't good for KOing however, as the knockback growth seems to be extremely low. Overall, just very useful for racking up damage. There is never truly a bad time to use this because of how safe it is.

Ftilt -Look to Nair, and then just take away safety points. Same concept, however.

Dthrow -You can get follups from this move at low percents, which makes up for it only doing 4%. At middle percents, you can sometimes get an Uair off it. 4% is low, but for combos/followups it's the one to go to.

Pivot Grab & Dash Grab -Decent range.

Pummel -3% per pummel is very good, though the pummel isn't particularly FAST.

Bthrow -Rock's most damaging throw, at 11%. At really high percents, maybe 150% or so by the edge of the stage it can KO, but it isn't great at that. Its primary use is just to be the high damage throw.

Uair -At 20% max damage, this move is a pretty good way to get damage on an opponent in the air, should you land it. There's only one actual "hit", which is the initial hit which does about 3%. The rest of the damage does not flinch you at all, and you are able to act while caught in the move, though I'm not sure how easy it is to get out of it. Getting the KO isn't reliable but it can potentially kill the opponent if they jump near the ceiling blast zone while caught in the move.

USmash -Not the strongest smash attacks in his arsenal in terms of kill power, range or percent, so what makes it the best? Simply, he can cancel into it from a dash, making it good for reads. The fact it has multiple hits also means that it doesn't have to perfectly catch an opponent, unlike DSmash. It also has a single hit that hits through the lower platforms on battlefield. It has a lot of uses, making it one of his stronger punishing options.

Mid Tier:
Grab -Decent range for a standing grab. Nothing more to add.

Fthrow -It's not the best throw to use, and the fact it does less that Bthrow does make it mostly pointless. However if for some reason you don't want to use Bthrow, for example throwing the opponent off the stage, it's okay.

Jab -It's like Ftilt and Nair, just that you're not moving, which means that it isn't as safe. It can be made safe by transitioning to Nair or Ftilt, but that would be using Nair or Ftilt, as well as walking or jumping. It's just that it's standing makes it not was good as Ftilt and Nair, though there are situations where you would want to be standing still. It's just better to be moving.

Metal Blade - Arguably the best of his B moves (which is nothing to be that proud of), Metal Blade is a mixed bag. On one hand, large opponents may be hit 3 times sometimes, which means they'd take 9% from the blade, very good for a projectile (this mainly happens if they're jumping and you throw it directly upwards). The rest of the time, it'll probably be getting you 6% per blade on average, which honestly is still pretty good. As well as this, the 8 angles it can be thrown is nice to have as well because you can use it to edgeguard, as well as dig it into the ground from lots of other places. Once you pick it up, you can z-drop it for fairly reliable combos off of that. The downsides are that it's fairly slow, it can be used against you and that you can only have one on the screen at a time, which kinda sucks if your opponent picks it up. Anything you can do with it, once they have it, they can do to you (except throw it diagonally). Worth throwing out, but not worth using to the extent Link would use his bombs, for example.

Dair -Aside from the spike, this move has little use. It hits hard, but it's laggy on both startup and ending. Also, you do have to get it JUST right to get the spike. During the startup you seem to do a little bit of a hover, which might be for simply landing the hit. Okay, but only offstage.

Utilt -Despite the fact this move does insane amounts of knockback and damage for a tilt when sweetspotted, it is very risky and kind of hard to land. It's also very laggy on the end. It's nice for punishing an airdodge into the ground, but aside from that keep it fresh - for your own good.

Rush Coil -Although it gets you out of combos, it still isn't amazing in my opinion. While good vertical recovery, it is lacking in the horizontal area, which doesn't help Mega Man's already poor horizontal recovery. The fact it doesn't leave you in freefall and the fact it lets you jump afterwards is nice, but the fact it can sometimes save the opponent by accident isn't that great. I have seen people bounce all over the stage using this move, so that's another good thing, but it isn't particularly useful. It has its benefits, but as a recovery move on its own it's just average. By no means is it bad, though.

Crash Bomb -Good only for mindgames and trying to break shields, the crash bomber is a somewhat risky move overall. It can often end up hurting your shield, or hurting you. You could try to follow it up with a grab if they shield, though you could accidentally take damage yourself. If you want to come close to breaking a shield, use it and if they shield, try to throw a metal blade just as they shield it, and then if they're still in shieldstun try to get a Dash Attack in the mix. Three multi-hitting attacks on one shield hurts.

FSmash -Above average range, but only decent kill power. The fully charged version is enormous in range, and power, making it wonderful for edgeguarding. However, isn't great onstage because it's easy to see coming and again, it doesn't hit that hard. It isn't weak, either.

DSmash -Hits VERY hard, and is his most damaging smash attack. The ENTIRE flame pillar on both sides is a strong hitbox, and it doesn't come out after too long. The downside is that it only does this for a couple of frames; the rest of the frames are obscenely weak and will probably never KO in a million years. It's also really laggy on the ending. It's okay for trying to punish a roll, but should you miss those vital frames it'll hardly do anything and you'll just get a tiny bit of damage off and stale the move.

Uthrow -Uthrow is an okay throw, 7%, low knockback, can try to follow up with Uair. It's just not amazing. Maybe I don't use it enough to see how good it is, I just haven't seen much in it.

Leaf Shield:
Leaf Shield -Have you ever tried to use Plant Barrier in MM6? This move is sort of like that, except it only sometimes protects you from projectiles, and often leads you to death if you use it offstage. Also, avoiding the 3% damage total move is as simple as jumping over it and then punishing us for it. Unlike the MM2 Leaf Shield, you can only throw it horizontally. To its credit, it does block practically anything once thrown, but it's so underwhelming there's almost no point to using it. While it is true that while you are rolling or spot dodging or whatever it's still spinning and it'll do damage while it's around you, it's so miniscule that you'd probably be better off going for a jab.

God Tier:
Final Smash -SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT, MEGA MAN!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom