• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 5 Most Hated Charectors to Go Against?

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
MK: obvious reasons why.
Ice climbers: again, should be pretty obvious, death grab on the entire cast, make one mistake against an IC player, lose a stock.
Olimar: for the life of me can't figure out how to handle this little ***hole
Falco: can outcamp everyone, including my own main(despite being a decent camper himself) worse is he's got a reflector that extends out several feet in front of him, so in many regards it feels like he's got the safest one in the game.
Peach: just find her annoying to face.

nessokman

Smash Lord
1.Ike, he depends on pure power, no true strategy.Hes about as elegant as a 2 legged blind horse compared to marth.

2.MK-nuff said.

3.Olimar-I don't know how i should face this little brother-trucker.

4.ness-He woulld be epic if it weren't for his miserable recovery.Pk thunder disappears if it hits another char.BS!

5.zelda-this girl can grab through almost any attack, her smashes and easily spammable fireballs make her miserable to fight.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
1. Kingson Dededoo. I hate his stupid grab bullcrap that wrecks all my good characters. THAT BEING SAID, D3 vs. Wario is the most exaggerated MU in the entire game. Sure, the chain grab wrecks him, but that's it. The entire strategy is basically "don't get grabbed and fight good". It's -2 at best, I'd put it at -1.5.

2. Marth. This anal shpincter is Wario's real worst MU. The extended hitbox on his sword ruins the bite, his air power ruins the air and forces Wario to rely on his ground game, where he's not nearly as good and is vulnerable to grab-release shenanigans. He's also not good for Squirtle, making me have to rely on Ivysaur when I'm not using Charizard. Although, I usually use my Wolf against him, and it turns out pretty well.

3. Ice Climbers. How pressing the Z button guaranteeing a stock could be considered tolerable to anyone is beyond me.

4. MK.

5. A tie between every bad character. I'm not familiar with their MUs, the people who play them are usually really good at them, and they're humiliating to lose to. The latter wouldn't be a problem if people's reactions were "wow, that guy can use that bad character well" as opposed to "lol u luz 2 bad karaktur u suk lol".

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
1. :wario: I can't fight this campy character, when he gets in my face he racks so much damage and I feel that when I approach I get punished and I'm rewarding him with fart power if I don't approach.

2. :diddy: Bananas, need I say more.

3. :marth: Frustrating range.

4. :olimar: I need to change my WHOLE playstyle just to fight this toss pot.

5. :snake: Explosions everywhere!

Nido

ily Sebby
1. Peach, impossible to get in and do anything and it's a real psychological battle of keeping my cool once hit by a Fair, that love just gets me angry when hit by it. :/

2. Ness, dittos are the worst, I use ROB

3. Lucas, not as hard as the ditto, still warrants the switch to ROB

4. Jiggs, wtf do I do to win?

5. Snake, JUST DIE ALREADY

I hate low/mid tiers, I wish more people would pick MK, that's easy

:phone:

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
Jiggs is easy, just keep her grounded and be aggressive. She dies really early and is abysmal on the ground. With Ness, PK Fire and short hopped Fair are your best friends.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Jiggs is easy, just keep her grounded and be aggressive. She dies really early and is abysmal on the ground. With Ness, PK Fire and short hopped Fair are your best friends.
Puff will rarely be on the ground (like 10% of the time) and Puff will approach diagonally.

:phone:

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
Hence the "keep" part. Although, Jiggs has **** range where Ness has awesome range, so even in the air he should do well.

Pandie the pantie

Smash Cookie
NNID
atrociousPanda
1. :pit: It's nearly impossible for me sometimes. Spams the crap out of me more than a Meta Knight can do.

2. :diddy: dat forwardb man.

3. :metaknight: No explanation needed. Not impossible to beat, though

4. :falco: NUH UH. NO WAY. REFLECTOR PISSES ME THE CRAP OFF.

5. :snake: Like others would say, dat utilt

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
from easiest/least hated to most hated:

5. :link2: "Well HEY there! Would you like my bombs, arrows and boomerangs? No? Well **** YOU, have them anyway!!"

4. :rob: "Come away from those gyros darling... come inside, I have a lovely cup of Dsmash for you! Freshly made! <3"

3. :gw: "They don't call me Game spam and Watch spam for nothing!" :troll:

2. :olimar: "Have my pikmin. No, really, I don't need them. HAVE them already! No, I mean it, it's not an inconvenience. EAT THEM! STICK THEM IN YOUR MOUTH AND CHEW!!!"

"Oh and you came too close. Gtho. -_-"

In the words of Espy: "Did you actually want to have fun playing this game?

- Olimar"

1. *drumroll* :marth: BURN IN HELL!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

He out-ranges me, out-gimps me, has speed and priority... Stop it Nintendo. -_______________-

MegurineLuka

Smash Rookie
1. Meta Knight. I sweat and panic as soon as my opponents cursor drops down on this guy. I know it's not original, but hey, M-E-T-A Knight.

2. Kirby. Weird huh? This little guy's grab range is insane. I don't really understand how I always end up in those tiny stubs.... palms? Kirby has palms right?

3. King DeDeDe. Mother of God. I just hate him. Don't ask why.

4. Wolf. Every time I think I get a clear shot at him he just side smashes, and slips away and I'm stuck looking at his rear end. And then comes the punish.

5. Snake. This guy just manages to get onto everyone's **** list. Those utilts. :(

shobee23.117

Smash Rookie
characters i hate going up against.....
1.DEDEDE- my link and luigi hate the constant chain-grab
2.Marth- a fast marth....and that dthrow to front smash. just hits hard
3.G&W- the upb....escape out of anything, the weird hit boxes
4.Falco- the lasers and chaingrab
5.........idk

Kokomaniac

Smash Journeyman
from easiest/least hated to most hated:

5. :link2: "Well HEY there! Would you like my bombs, arrows and boomerangs? No? Well **** YOU, have them anyway!!"

4. :rob: "Come away from those gyros darling... come inside, I have a lovely cup of Dsmash for you! Freshly made! <3"

3. :gw: "They don't call me Game spam and Watch spam for nothing!" :troll:

2. :olimar: "Have my pikmin. No, really, I don't need them. HAVE them already! No, I mean it, it's not an inconvenience. EAT THEM! STICK THEM IN YOUR MOUTH AND CHEW!!!"

"Oh and you came too close. Gtho. -_-"

In the words of Espy: "Did you actually want to have fun playing this game?

- Olimar"

1. *drumroll* :marth: BURN IN HELL!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

He out-ranges me, out-gimps me, has speed and priority... Stop it Nintendo. -_______________-
...it's almost scary how similarly I feel to all of this.

EsperTerra

Smash Rookie
1. IC's - :/

2. Metaknight - lol.

3. Olimar - I never know what the f*** is going on while versing him.

4. Peach - A good Peach player can be annoying.

5. Ganondorf - He's a beast.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
1. Ice Climbers: Fighting against just isn't fun for me.
2. Falco: I really hate the Falco vs Olimar MU, dem lazers mang.
3. Sonic: Another boring as hell MU.
4. Jigglypuff: e.e
5. Olimar: I really hate the ditto, and even when i'm using another character he's still annoying to fight against. .__.

I actually enjoy fighting MK unlike alot of people. :/

Hokori

Great King of Evil
1. Luigi
2. Peach

^^^
Fighting these two characters on Battlefield has always been a problem for me for some reason. I'm getting better with that though. Every other stage has always been fine.

3. Pikachu - Chaingraaaaaaaaaab
4.Marth - When using Falco, I start getting flustered when I'm trying to recover.
5. Ganondorf - He's just too good with awesome options for everything. /sarcasm

Mari

Saving the planet from disaster!
1. Bowser: GOD, I HATE THIS DUDE!! His flame spam gets me EVERY DAMN TIME.

2. Sonic: I main as this awesome hedgehog and I can only say this: TOO. FUC*ING. FAST. Which...actually doesn't bother that much since I main him. :grin:

3. Meta Knight: It's fuc*ing Meta Knight, whatja expect?

4. Ike: Same reason as above, minus the Meta Knight.

5. Kirby: Once he Copys you, Your done for. Plus, Hammer spaming.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
1. Olimar - I honestly don't know what to say except-- I... hate... this... character!!!

Actually I do. He's a royal pain to fight, his camp shinanagans force me to rely on squirtle, who is easily my worst of the trio. His insane grabs and stupid projectiles force me to commit more than I would like. Most Olimars I face on Wi-Fi will pick Final Destination, which means that I must constantly chase the little ... around the stage, trying to launch the little demon into the air where I can finally exact my sweet revenge.

Did I mention I hate this character?

2. Diddy - The only character in the entire cast that makes me hate potassium. If that's not a crime, I don't know what is.

In all seriousness, Diddy is another MU that forces me to rely on squirtle. If Ivy trips just once, that's usually all the chance Diddy needs to either launch or throw her offstage. And I'm sure anyone who plays or has played against Ivy knows why this is a bad thing. Zard just gets wrecked before he can even approach. That leaves squirtle, who barely goes even with diddy.

Hydroplanning his naners back in his face is the only reason why this MU isn't above olimar. Otherwise he'd be up there for sure.

3. Kirby - Why is it so powerful?

Seriously, I can't figure it out. But, I have never beaten a decent kirby on Wi-Fi.
He's not even that difficult to fight. 3rd spot because I just can't figure out why I'm so bad here.

4. R.O.B - Stop the Gyros!

Okay, maayybee I wouldn't hate this MU so much if I wasn't so dumb.

But, when you see a gyro just sitting there, begging to be picked up, the first thing I want to do is grab it so I can lob the darn thing back at R.O.B's face. Maybe offline, they're not so much of a pain, but online...

Unless you can read when he's about to toss it, you're probably going to get hit. And the launch these things give is just unforgivable. HOW DOES A FRIGGEN BAYBLADE EVEN LAUNCH YOU THAT FAR?

4th spot because facing rob makes me hate Wi-Fi's powersheilds.

5. Ike - Trip.

Pretty much all there is to it. Whenever Charizard dies and I have squirtle out against him, it... never... fails...

I try to run away to avoid his smash.

And I trip.

Hahmed2

Smash Rookie
1. Zelda.
not sheik, but zelda. you cannot even get close to her, and every attack she has over powers almost everyone else's attack.
2. Marth.
Fast and strong
3. Ike.
too strong for my liking.
4. Pit.
he has that reflective attack that gets so annoying.
5. Ivysaur.
A lot of long range attacks, hard to get close too.

Hahmed2

Smash Rookie
Hmm..as a Fox user, I'd think you'd hate fighting Sheik (F-tilt repeat repeat repeat repeat..) loads more than Zelda.
i don't know what f tilt means, but nah sheik is nothing compared to zelda.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Well, as a Link main, I have a lot of unfavorable matchups. These five, however, really drive me up the wall.
5. Marth - I hate Marth. I really do. How good are my tools if Marth can just counter and shield them all? Then he approaches, I try to escape, he gimps me, I die. Rinse, repeat.
4. Meta Knight - No explaination needed.
3. Peach - Those turnips annoy the heck out of me. And, of course, the gimps. What's that? Your recovery sucks? Here, I'll Fair you to the border of the stage. Have fun!
2. Zero Suit Samus - Not necessarily a bad matchup, just annoying to fight. Uair, Uair, Uair, Uair, Uair, DSmash, Dsmash, Uair, Uair, Forward Special. ARRRGH!
1. Pit - Out-camps me. Can reflect all my projectiles. Combos. Gimps. And. Those. Taunts. Those. Taunts. Must. Die.
Runner Ups:
Diddy Kong, Olimar, Ice Climbers, Ness, Captain Falcon.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
i don't know what f tilt means, but nah sheik is nothing compared to zelda.
F-Tilt = Forward Tilt. Sheik's F-Tilt repeatedly kicks you over and over (it's a lock). Fox being such a fast faller gets caught in this and takes overwhelming damage. It's a dreadful match-up for him. Go to training mode with Sheik and set Fox as your opponent and you'll understand.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
1. :pit: I just can't handle him. I can't stand it when he constantly combos, then runs and keeps me away with his neutral-B. It's impossible to get a single good hit on him if you're with a slow character like :ike:.

2. Zelda. I really don't like her. Can you say anything more? Her attacks are really just too much of a combo spam, ranging from her tilts to her aerials and her smashes. I just don't like battling against her because the battle isn't fun, it's frustrating.

3. :popo: These guys are just annoying. The chain-grabs, the movements, the taunts, everything. Get the heck out of here.

4. :toonlink: I don't like him either. His style of play is sort of annoying. I don't like his d-air or u-air either. It's not a fun match to play for me.

5. :olimar: To be honest he's not that bad of a character to battle against, but the longer the battle drags on the more annoying he gets. Particularly with his u-tilt and u-smash.

I really don't mind fighting against MK! He makes the battles actually really fun to play. You've got to concentrate the right amount in order to have a chance to play against him.

Tarzan le Gitan

Smash Rookie
I like to play slowly and strategically, so I dislike almost any "mosquito style" character with pressure and/or zoning who can force me to speed up (Pit, Falco ("I hate mirror matches" bonus), Sonic, MK...).

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
1. Zelda.
not sheik, but zelda. you cannot even get close to her, and every attack she has over powers almost everyone else's attack.
2. Marth.
Fast and strong
3. Ike.
too strong for my liking.
4. Pit.
he has that reflective attack that gets so annoying.
5. Ivysaur.
A lot of long range attacks, hard to get close too.
I have other characters besides Fox, but if I didn't it'd be more like this...
1.PIKA!!!!!
2.IC's
3.Sheik
4.Wario
5.Snake

Hahmed2

Smash Rookie
F-Tilt = Forward Tilt. Sheik's F-Tilt repeatedly kicks you over and over (it's a lock). Fox being such a fast faller gets caught in this and takes overwhelming damage. It's a dreadful match-up for him. Go to training mode with Sheik and set Fox as your opponent and you'll understand.
oh yeah that totally blows. i try to stay away from that. but every move zelda has is over powered

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
^Yeah, and she can also follow up with a sweetspotted u-smash, bad huh?
Also, when fightingZelda, don't approach her, but camp and force her to approach you, cuz she has NO approach options.

Java

Smash Brother
1. Pikachu - Freakin stupid downsmash spam frustrates the hell out of me
2. MK - Freakin campy play and deceptive reach
3. Link - Freakin stupid projectile spam frustrates the hell out of me

I'm actually surprised Pika isn't in this thread more. Maybe I just play with a really frustrating Pika player...

Top Bottom