• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 4 Characters that DESERVE a Buff. (Made as of 1.0.9)

Fuerzo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Erudites
10. :4charizard:
9. :4gaw:
8. :4falco:
7.:4wiifit:
6. :4jigglypuff:
5. :4marth:/:4lucina:
4. :4mewtwo:
3.:4robinf:
2. :4zelda:
1. :4ganondorf:

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
1.:4drmario: in his recovery and speed. Lacking in both of those are severely hurting him.
2.:4littlemac:in recovery. If he didn't fall into a helpless state after using side-special so he could use up-special afterwards would help him tremendously.
3.:4metaknight:in overall damage output. His moves don't do enough damage for how much lag they have.
4.:4gaw:in overall damage output for his aerials, less lag on his smashes, and an increase in the size of the sweetspots on said smashes. These would help GaW become a more viable character.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I wrote these on the assumption that physical stats like aerial mobility, running speed, and weight will probably not be changed in patches.

1. :4drmario: Pretty much inferior to Mario in every way. Honestly, a lot of Doc's problems would be fixed if he just shared certain traits with Mario. Giving dthrow/utilt the same properties would definitely help as well as boosting the height of the super punch and the tornado to help cover his glaring offstage weaknesses.

2. :4mewtwo: Pulls off the glass canon a lot better than he did in Melee but still needs a lot of help. Dthrow should be more of a reliable combo set up, for starters. His smash attacks and jab should come out quicker and have less ending lag. I personally think disable should negate shields and that confusion should have more hit stun too, leading to stronger punishes and uplifting one of Mewtwo's better strengths.

3. :4robinm: This character is a hot mess. Overly complicated for his own good and, honestly, I think he would be better off if they just got rid of the "discard" mechanic. This would be the best start. A reliable set up throw and a kill throw would be good options too. Given the current state of this character, we'd just need to see where things went after these chances to decide what the next step would be because, in my opinion, this character is just that messed up and bogged down by their own "uniqueness."

4. :4samus:/:4wiifit: Both have the same problems. Both can rack up damage pretty well and have pretty solid recovery options but neither have any really reliable kill options. Both have smash attacks that are just awkward as all hell. Both their fsmashs have too much ending lag and their usmashs have weird hitboxes. Samus's dsmash is pitiful and WFT's suffers from too much ending lag. For Samus, she should be able to jump cancel missiles again like in past games and for WFT, I think deep breathing should be given a bigger boost of knockback (killing 30-40% earlier as opposed to 15-20%) and last a longer amount of time (10 seconds as opposed to 7).

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
10. :4charizard:
9. :4gaw:
8. :4falco:
7.:4wiifit:
6. :4jigglypuff:
5. :4marth:/:4lucina:
4. :4mewtwo:
3.:4robinf:
2. :4zelda:
1. :4ganondorf:
Not sure about the exact order but the characters are on point although i would trade out Falco for DK.
Falco is fine know.
Ppl just dont wanna put effort in 2 their characters anymore...
Everyonr just wants their char to be perfect...

Last edited:

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Revising my list with some new knowledge.
4.:4olimar: It's amazing no one has mentioned Olimar. Now the least played character, he just sucks. Kills, or lack thereof, punishable recovery, and THREE PIKMIN. Need I say more?
3.:4palutena:For the goddess of light, being outdone by a boy with a bat is pretty low. Fix her throws and tilts, maybe aerial movement.
2.:4metaknight:He has come a LOOOOOONG way since Brawl. But with the weakest moves in the game on average, he still has a ways to go.
1.:4dedede:Yes, the Dank King. Unnecessary lag, punishable recovery, and the whole gordo reflecting thing. Please make the Dank King good again!

Furret24

Smash Master
Revising my list with some new knowledge.
4.:4olimar: It's amazing no one has mentioned Olimar. Now the least played character, he just sucks. Kills, or lack thereof, punishable recovery, and THREE PIKMIN. Need I say more?
3.:4palutena:For the goddess of light, being outdone by a boy with a bat is pretty low. Fix her throws and tilts, maybe aerial movement.
2.:4metaknight:He has come a LOOOOOONG way since Brawl. But with the weakest moves in the game on average, he still has a ways to go.
1.:4dedede:Yes, the Dank King. Unnecessary lag, punishable recovery, and the whole gordo reflecting thing. Please make the Dank King good again!
Thread Bump.

Top Bottom