• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link's Match-up Discussion #15: Peach

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Also, Up air ***** peach. her air dodge sucks. And she still takes the hit when she dairs.

Santi

Smash Lord
i like doing rising zairs for some reason

Falling zairs sometimes set you up for getting a peach fair to the face

TheJerm

Smash Champion
You should bait those fairs, then wait for them to attack after the fair. Then grab. They never seem to learn from that lol.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
^ Except Excel_zero has learned from that lol he jabs and then spotdodges before the grab. Ur idea is bad jerm lol. Its better to not be in a position to be faired in the first place. Luckily her fair is a bit telegraphed when u see her floating u know shes going for it. I just rising zair her while shes trying to fair like santi said. And about her dair...just avoid it all together she can punish everything u can do when dairing.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
No no, it works on the general peach sheikant. If the attack they use after the fair is jab, then just nair our of sheild. If its any other attack, then you should have enough time to grab. Also, I punish her while using dair.. its possible. Sighh.. you guys never listen to me =[

But rising zair is something I havnt tried.. if a peach ever gives me trouble, i'll try and incorporate it.

Santi

Smash Lord
Yea rising Zair is kinda weird.
It just seems to connect for me sometimes.
It protects me as I rise and where shes kinda floating at that height where a falling zair wont work as well.

Chip.

you know what to do
Peach is really easy to fight against for me. o.o

Its like almost impossible for praxis to touch me. =)

Jermsies knows whats upppp

Hyro

Smash Lord
Jump and press Z immedialtey. Rising zair lol.

I think I've used rising zair veeery seldomly. I kinda just have to randomly feel it in a match. When I know my opponent is gonna rush in and attack me before I can get a move off, that will just throw them off.

But yeah matchup is 100-0 Peach. :)

EDIT: I'm confused. Jerm told me to roll out of dair. So did a lot of other people. But some people in this thread are saying never roll. Which is it???

Also, I remember Kosmos told me that our uair destroys Peach so when she's above you do that..??

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
for me, i honestly never roll anymore because she just chases you down. I just hold my shield until she's done with her kicks and upsmash

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I just never let her get in a position to dair me. If u roll shell just read you. Knock her out of float before dair.

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
We should definately ban Japes agaisnt Peach, and I'm like. serious when I say this.

When I upload my set vs. this one peach(MenoUnderwater) you'll see why if you don't already know.

Unless Peach already has a great cp stage against us excluding Japes. ban Japes.

Just sayin'.

other than that this matchup's not that bad. It is a bit annoying going in for the kill, but racking up damage on peach isn't really a troublesome task.

Anything I was going to say has already been said.

edit: just saw it in our counterpicks/ban thread so nvm.

Top Bottom