• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link's Dair useful?

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Well I'm just starting up using Toon Link, but I've been wandering is Toon Link's Dair really useful to use against pro players or not? I mean lets look at this.

Pros:
Fast Fall Time
Meteor Smash
Knocks opponents away even when missing
No start up lag

Cons:
Landing Lag
If missed in air it's almost a guaranteed suicide
Long cancel time

I mean these are all I can think of at the moment, I do use dair a lot, but I think against more experience players it'd be easily dodgeable in midair, leaving it close to useless unless done in close ranger, so what's your opinions using it in tournaments?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Its useful, yes.
You just have to know how to use it.
D-tilt is even useful to me now.
D-TILT!!

magikguy

Smash Lord
its ok to use it . since you can double hit them and lead up to another attack , which racks the damage pretty high but if you miss, hope the wind pushes them away .

Ginger_Warrior

Smash Apprentice
its ok to use it . since you can double hit them and lead up to another attack , which racks the damage pretty high but if you miss, hope the wind pushes them away .
Even then they'll likely punish you.

I only use dair very sparingly. Usually when I'm in close combat and I need to come up with something creative to get me out of it and give me time to retreat back to projectiles. Even if it doesn't hit, I might bounce off their shield and use DI to pull myself away from the fray. Never use it for a re-entry to the arena though.

Viral-Enki

Smash Cadet
It is indeed a good move when used correctly. It can double hit, which does about 26 damage and allows you to continue attacking, and if you can bomb combo, it is deadly to jugglers. And it is a good spike.

Just be careful if you try to spike with it. It's a bit sad whne the opponent mid air dodges and you fall to your doom...

Phat Yoshi

Smash Cadet
It does crazy things on slanted edges in custom stages.

Try it, words can not discribe. :laugh:

I always have a hard time using this when away from the stage, the fear of an airdodge is enough to make me think twice.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
In extreme moderation, it can work to throw your opponent off.

Like I said though, extreme moderation. I usually never even go about using it though.

Of course, about every other person knows to airdodge it offstage. I never use it for gimps, unless it's a friendly and I'm messing around.

Veggieburger_802

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7958-8584-9570
This post has been removed because the user was in high school when he wrote it and he wants to start using this website again without people being able to see the stupid stuff he said ten years ago.

Last edited:

Waluigitime

Smash Rookie
It's a great move as it does double damage (if used properly) and it can be spammed!

If your stupid enough to miss with it then try using his strong side-smash to KO

Keiogi

Smash Rookie
It's a great move as it does double damage (if used properly) and it can be spammed!

If your stupid enough to miss with it then try using his strong side-smash to KO
Both are amazingly easy to avoid. But everything else about it has already been covered multiple times over. Just use it rarely and never when you're way over head, and you should be good. Moderation and versatility is key with it.

Top Bottom