• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link's are discussing Ike stage counterpicks and bans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209912

It'll only take like 2-3 minutes. Just post what you think is a good/ bad stage for Ike (against Toon Link) and why.
It can be like one sentence or something. Just put some amount of an explanation please. ^_^

GREAT!!! ...............
.............. AETHER!!!!!!!!

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Ike is actually decently well off against TL on FD oddly enough because of all the extra space ike has to move freely. I dunno though because honestly jash's toon link **** all over me last time we played, battlefield was actually one of the worst stages I had against him. I'd say if you had to pick a counter on ike as TL, smashville's close quarters (but enough room to camp) and lack of consistent platforms pretty much give you free reign on him.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
For Toon Link Players (based on my experience):

- Counterpick: Frigate Orphean, Jungle Japes
- Ban: Not sure, never feel any great advantage from Toon Link...

Projectile isn't a scare unlike Falco's lasers... What is more scary is Toon Link's aerial game abilities... It has to somewhat gimp us from center out with nearly little work by what I've experienced... Ike's attack is mostly mid-range decent speed, but an average Ike player with advance play knowledge will be needing spacing and time to get a decent tempo to how they want to fight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom