• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link's Alternate Costume?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
What do you guys think Toon Link's alternate costume should be? I think it should be his Pajamas from Wind Waker.

The pajamas texture is classic, but I'd like an actual cel-shaded texture too.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Well if we're getting more than one his Conductor outfit would be fun too

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I won't hold out hope for the conductor outfit as the background Toon Link on Spirit Train uses it.

Pajamas Toon Link would be cool though.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I won't hold out hope for the conductor outfit as the background Toon Link on Spirit Train uses it.

Pajamas Toon Link would be cool though.
As was stated, Conductor Link leaves whenever Toon Link is placed in there anyway so I don't really see why he can't have the conductors outfit with that knowledge.

If they can allow up to two alternate costumes then I'd love to see both the Outset Island and the Conductors outfit for Toon Link. If only one then do the Outset Island outfit.

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
Looks like one costume is confirmed already:

Edit: Never mind, hehe, I didn't know he was only a background prop here

Last edited:
I was gonna write about how they might try to save time development and resources by making his prop costume an alternate costume for Toon Link, but then I realized that the prop model and Toon Link's model are two different models, so they can't just swap it. :/

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Outset Link and Engineer Link are clearly the two best options.

I slightly prefer Outset Link, but I definitely would like to see one or the other.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Outset Link, of course.

But the one I've always wanted to see is LttP Link. Give him Pink hair, slightly different shade of green garb, and you can easily retexture the shield.

This is win to me.

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
Obviously, I'm all for Outset Link, but I hope they don't give him a hat like they gave Skyward Sword Link a hat. Makes me think they'll do Conductor Link since he already has a hat.

Both would be ideal, but I need Outset Link.

Also, Conductor Link already has a belt, and with Skyward Sword Link having every part of his normal get-up, I imagine they may go with Conductor. Would be weird to see Outset Link with a belt and hat, but I'd take that over nothing.

Last edited:

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
Part of me wishes Young Link was an option as well. Seems like he'd have the same reach and height, just the taunt with the windwaker would be odd, and the title of his character select would need to change and by then things are getting too complicated.

But I dream.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Part of me wishes Young Link was an option as well. Seems like he'd have the same reach and height, just the taunt with the windwaker would be odd, and the title of his character select would need to change and by then things are getting too complicated.

But I dream.
I think if Zelda can use the Wind Waker in Hyrule Warriors, it shouldn't be much of a problem to implement on to Young Link. He is Link, just like Toon Link is Link. Zelda isn't Link, but she can use the Wind Waker, then why shouldn't Link be able to?

I've made this too confusing...

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
I think if Zelda can use the Wind Waker in Hyrule Warriors, it shouldn't be much of a problem to implement on to Young Link. He is Link, just like Toon Link is Link. Zelda isn't Link, but she can use the Wind Waker, then why shouldn't Link be able to?

I've made this too confusing...
It is odd that Zelda is using it in Hyrule Warriors.

HONY

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-1450-7268
What if we got Tetra as an alternate costume? The proportions would be the same and it would continue to satisfy that excellent uppage' of female representatives we've had.

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
What if we got Tetra as an alternate costume? The proportions would be the same and it would continue to satisfy that excellent uppage' of female representatives we've had.

...we already talked about that and it was stated what would be wrong with her and right with her.

That being said, yeah she would be cool.

EDIT: Wait, maybe that was a different discussion about Toon Link's alternate costumes.

Last edited:

HONY

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-1450-7268
...we already talked about that and it was stated what would be wrong with her and right with her.

That being said, yeah she would be cool.

EDIT: Wait, maybe that was a different discussion about Toon Link's alternate costumes.
My bad! I'm 'relatively' new here, if you dont mind me asking, what were some of your opinions on that possibility? The obvious cons being they'd have to do voice recording and probably even different animations, but what were the gameplay pros/cons?

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
My bad! I'm 'relatively' new here, if you dont mind me asking, what were some of your opinions on that possibility? The obvious cons being they'd have to do voice recording and probably even different animations, but what were the gameplay pros/cons?
Her pirate sword is shorter and curved, so the hitboxes would be odd. If they gave her a normal sword or even the Master Sword then that would be weird too. Other than her sword I don't remember what else there was, and honestly a normal sword wouldn't be too bad. I'd like for her to be added.

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman
I'd really like to see Outset Link... Not a fan of Spirit Tracks so I honestly wouldn't want to see conductor Link.

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
Ezlo instead of his hat? Although technically they are different people, they look identical.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Ezlo instead of his hat? Although technically they are different people, they look identical.
If they can make this work, I will be incredibly happy. Just having the face on the back of the hat would be great, though they might have to do some other stuff to make it distinguishable from the regular Toon Link.

Artero

Smash Enthousiast
NNID
Artero
IMO it's actually more likely we'll be getting the conductor outfit as an alternate costume seeing as it's already in the game, since this means they won't even have to do any extra work for it.. on the 3DS that is.

EDIT: Actually looking at that screenshot posted earlier, it seems the model is completely different, so guess they would still have to make the costume. Meh, still think it'll be one of them, especially if there's 8(!) per character.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well with the confirmation that every character will have 8 different colours/alts I don't see why they couldn't bring both the Outset and Conductors outfit for Toon Link.... Even if they where just mere texture swaps....

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Outset Link would make for a really good alternate costume. I guess the Conductor Link could work too.

It was already was in Brawl in a sense. They might edit it slightly to match ALBW better, though.
I really like that one. If anything, I'd want the hair to be browner. So that'd match Zelda 1 and 2.

Does Toon Link's shield change colors in Brawl? I know it did for Adult Link. I don't remember that happening for Toon Link unfortunately. Maybe that can happen this time around.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I am surprised no one has mentioned the minish cap for an alt?

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
Outset Pajamas and Engineer are the best choices for T. Link. Maybe a retro-like T. Link costume could be from A Link to the Past or something.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
With 8 costumes instead of 6, I think Outset and Conductor Link might fill those 2 extra slots.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I think we might get a young link alt, since fire arrows.

Maybe it'll get it's own announcer name.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think we might get a young link alt, since fire arrows.

Maybe it'll get it's own announcer name.
I don't think it's hinting at Young Link if Toon Link can use the Fire Arrows considering he could already use it in Wind Waker (Unlike Young Link in Ocarina of Time actually).

Btw where did you hear/see that though?

Top Bottom