• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Match-up Video and Critique Thread

Just send them to me. TWiNKatGC

I'll be there in less than an hour. Plus, I'm already recording replays tonight.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Okayy xD

I'll send them in a few minutes.

They're wifi matches with a guy from my state so it was a great connection.

Oh and one was a match on BF vs Marth, that was a wifi match vs Tarextherex from AiB.

~TLK~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toonlinkking777
i wish i HAD some matches to get critiqued. cant save replays longer than 3 minutes and havent had anyone record me. so that sucks lol

~TLK~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toonlinkking777
Go download something like balanced brawl then.
can you get something where everything is the same as brawl except for having infinite replay? if so link please cuz that would be super helpful.

i HAVE balanced brawl actually but i can only save replays of over three minutes when its turned ON.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
can you get something where everything is the same as brawl except for having infinite replay? if so link please cuz that would be super helpful.

i HAVE balanced brawl actually but i can only save replays of over three minutes when its turned ON.
I'm actually working on this project that just adds some new stuff, nothing else.

But yeah, I could probably do that.

Do you have homebrew or not? (it can still work even if you don't have it)

NH Cody

Smash Champion
OSHI-

dayyyuumm...you have definitely gotten better since the last vids I've seen of yours :D

Good stuff shadow!

oh and I finally got one of me up, yay ^_^

it's wifi but it's vs someone from my state so the connection was hot lol. We were actually able to PS somewhat consistently, and other than a few wifi moments here and there I think our matches were pretty solid.

me vs DEFCON, a Marth main from my state

oh and there's more coming soon

~TLK~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toonlinkking777
thanks a lot Dark Horse! thats non homebew, right? if its easy to create the tags in replays would be cool too. but only if its easy =)

also should i remove BB from my SD card? that will make this work properly, right?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Yep, it's non-homebrew.

Also, as a bonus, I added the "replays with tags" code.

Yes, take off balanced brawl.

OSHI-

dayyyuumm...you have definitely gotten better since the last vids I've seen of yours :D

Good stuff shadow!

oh and I finally got one of me up, yay ^_^

it's wifi but it's vs someone from my state so the connection was hot lol. We were actually able to PS somewhat consistently, and other than a few wifi moments here and there I think our matches were pretty solid.

me vs DEFCON, a Marth main from my state

oh and there's more coming soon
Do you still want me to upload those matches? Now that I'm done w/ my tests, being banned, and cutting my workload in half, I could actually start uploading stuff.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Well, I figured you forgot...or something...so I got someone IRL to help me out. The one or two on his youtube channel are the ones he's got online so far, and he's working on the rest, so...I guess I won't be needing you to upload them after all

But thanks anyway :)

Sure? Hmm... okay I guess. I'm already uploading stuff so that means that I can play more Halo Reach.

MJG

Smash Hero
Your Toon Link moves pretty fast, which is good.

Actually to be honest..your toon link is a lot better than I thought it would be (this being from not seeing any of your videos though).

Do you know how to iBomb (nvm I saw you iBomb later on in the vid)? Its awesome.

Around 1:03...I wouldn't delay using up air for that long..I think it was obvious that the bomb didn't pop the marth up by that point. You were just asking to get punished.

Around 1:58...I would focus more on trying to recover than trying to hit marth. He out ranges us when it comes to Sword Play.

Try not to use F Smash so much. Focus on some of your better, more reliable kill moves like: Up Air, Fair, Bair (depends but not really lol), Up Smash.

Around 3:20...Just a suggestion (not really needed at all). You can use Zair right after Fair and then follow up with grab or nair or whatever you want to follow up with.

Try not to land so close to marth...I learned that the hard way. Should have been obvious NOT to land next to marth D:

Nice Finish.

Yeah his TL surprised me too. I don't remember the details of your videos very well, so I can't critique them. I would have to watch them again.

Actually, now that I think of it, I could just watch all of them on my PC, since it's in 60fps. :)

Um... I'm not sure of the boundaries behind discussing hacks and stuff, so I'm just gonna tell you guys to take it to PMs, and I'll ask about it later when I'm not busy.

Btw I removed the link to whatever Dark Horse sent you. If you need it, PM me.

Top Bottom