• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link is a Mofo on Brawl+ <__<

VietGeek

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky21fYsuboc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCN842X_liw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2s8i49hwEI

No kids, he's not on Meta Knight's level.

He's like Melee Sheik instead....wait...what?

Sexy nair = yes
lollerskates fair = yes
WTF FLOATY KILLER UAIR = yes
Amazing bair = yes
Weird dair that sets up Uair or combos (in Brawl+) = yes
Semi-meh Fsmash = yes
Good knockback Usmash = yes
Good Dsmash...no <_<

Typically screwed by defensive mechanics such as CCing or shield, but ***** once he/she gets inside...

oh yes.

Brawl Sheik can like...move out the way.

P.S - This is our first time playing Brawl+ semi-seriously. Disregarding that, we did **** around a lot lol.

Lv.99 is getting better. He has achieved conscious thought in battles now. Although his crazy, "go-with-the-flow" style may make this process ever so difficult.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I dont see a difference in the frist vid...>.>
OMG VG the sound Y did you do that lol
Yuotube screwed it up. Not me.

Also...Don't you notice the fact that...

Wolf died pretty early against Usmash, and that Usmash always set up for a kill from Uair, and that Wolf couldn't airdodge to escape that simple death combo?

THAT'S HITSTUN BABY!

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
im not a big fan of hit stun. I like it low because then the game is based around reaction times and mind games, not easy combos. But seems like toonlink would be a more formidable foe in this version.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
It's okay if you prefer normal Brawl. Brawl+ is like a project made so everyone can try to **** MK lol. =P

I know I pester you a lot on this subject...but...

can you make it to Waba today? ;_;

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
OOOOOOO

I get it now and plus I watched the other 2 vids and read the description.
Brawl+ seems ok
I still prefer normal brawl...
I agree completely =) Brawl+ is well thought out but apart from tripping, I just prefer getting used to the new game and remembering melee foir being better =P. Wavedashing, L-cancelling and all the rest were glitches that came with the game....shouldn't moderate something as good as smash, even if its preceeding game was better

iRjOn

Smash Lord
But remeber everyone gets + hitstun...MK >.>
And even Captin Falcon...

O___O by JOE THE ACCTUAL KEN COMBO IS BACK!!!\!$%$one1!!!$^$%&

Its today? O.O omg!!! i forgot
T-T...
my aunt and uncle alreasy left D:
Na you dont pester me I wanna go as bad as you want me to

metaXzero

Smash Champion
im not a big fan of hit stun. I like it low because then the game is based around reaction times and mind games, not easy combos. But seems like toonlink would be a more formidable foe in this version.
Regular Brawl is more reaction based then other Smash games, but its not more mindgame based.

Also, nice vids VietGreen

metaXzero

Smash Champion
I agree completely =) Brawl+ is well thought out but apart from tripping, I just prefer getting used to the new game and remembering melee foir being better =P. Wavedashing, L-cancelling and all the rest were glitches that came with the game....shouldn't moderate something as good as smash, even if its preceeding game was better
Wavedashing and L-canceling WEREN'T glitches...

Revven

FrankerZ
Also... vietgeek wasn't just using no tripping and hitstun, he was using Auto L-Canceling so there WAS a major difference in the matches if you watch closely.

You guys need to try out Brawl+ before commenting and saying (even though it is your opinion, it's not a finalized one from having played Brawl+) "I like Brawl better". You needs to play it, how else would you formulate a complete opinion of Brawl+ if you haven't even played it before? >_>

Edit: @person above me: No, they were not, at least L-Canceling wasn't. L-Canceling has been in Smash since the VERY first game, and it was even given an ACTUAL name on the Japanese website AND it's in the instructions manual. It was called "Smooth Landing" in Smash 64 so, it ain't no glitch, it was put in intentionally by Sakurai. It was later changed from no lag to half lag in Melee.

And... I'm pretty sure Wavedashing wasn't a glitch because it's momentum based, it works sorta the same way in Brawl+ but there are key differences between Brawl+'s WD and Melee's WD. Point is, it's a physics exploit, not a glitch.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Who said I haven't played it...
I have played and seen enough of brawl +

EDIT: Yes in didnt mean L-canceling my bad

But WD...Sakuri said he was going to take it out cause it was a glitch unintended to be in Smash bros.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
which was a glich because you were not supose to do this with an air dodge thus the reason he removed it from brawl.

Sorry I dont do drugs
Wavedash comes with Melee airdodge. You can't have one without the other.

Sakurai said he knew about WD during Melee's development AND LEFT IT IN. He changed it (the airdodge) in Brawl because he didn't know the advantages of WD (he saw it as a simple slide). The slide is intentional, but the applications weren't, making it an exploit.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Wavedash comes with Melee airdodge. You can't have one without the other.

Sakurai said he knew about WD during Melee's development AND LEFT IT IN. He changed it (the airdodge) in Brawl because he didn't know the advantages of WD (he saw it as a simple slide). The slide is intentional, but the applications weren't, making it an exploit.
yes but he took it out because it was an way he sayed the airdodge shouldn't be...

now that our points are close
I still see it as a glitch as Sakuri did and I suppose you dont but lets not keep this disscusion up in my friend VG's thread its spaming his thread.
imo thats rude.

Now VG sorry >.> I took this over board

But yea brawl+ looks alittle better than b4 but na I like the new mechanics of brawl its interesting to me how I suck at brawl compared to my previous Melee skill w/o WD
Not saying I was pro tho lol

metaXzero

Smash Champion
I finish by saying that Sakurai didn't see the SLIDE as a glitch. He saw the applications, the advantages of it as a glitch. This puts WD as an exploit as I said (unless you're going to argue that Melee's airdodge is a glitch which you can't).

But yeah, lets stop here. This a Brawl+ discussion on TL.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Basically what metal said

I see it as the addition of AT's that where removed L-cancel and also the return of hitstun...
VG didn't add in melees AD to WD but meh...

If all brawl tournies got to this to be more competitive
I really wont become a competitive brawler then.

Revven

FrankerZ
If all brawl tournies got to this to be more competitive
I really wont become a competitive brawler then.
Whoa, whoa. Brawl+ won't be taking over Brawl at all. Brawl will still be its own game, and have its own competitive community for tournaments. Brawl+ will be separated from Brawl, it'll be its own game and have its own competitive community. It won't ever overtake Brawl, it'll be just like it is now between Brawl and Melee, two different communities.

At least, we hope so, haha. The SBR-B has interest in it, if you didn't know. >_>

urdailywater

Smash Hero
OOOOOOO

I get it now and plus I watched the other 2 vids and read the description.
Brawl+ seems ok
I still prefer normal brawl...
I agree with this.. but I honestly don't think Brawl + is okay.. I just don't like it overall.

I thought it'd be good .. but it's better not to try to get a modded game into the competitive scene. And it just doesn't work with Brawl mechanics. Not at all.
The Regular Brawl > Brawl+ majorly imo. I still kind of prefer Melee over both though.. >.>

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
i know this will buff toonlink but how will the new toonlink compare with the new others

Chip.

you know what to do
Don't call it Brawl+ because

it's Brawlee

haha

MetaXzero is right, L-canceling and wavedashing weren't glitches in Melee. Wavedashing is an exploit of the game's physics engine and L-cancelling was intentional.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
I agree with this.. but I honestly don't think Brawl + is okay.. I just don't like it overall.

I thought it'd be good .. but it's better not to try to get a modded game into the competitive scene. And it just doesn't work with Brawl mechanics. Not at all.
The Regular Brawl > Brawl+ majorly imo. I still kind of prefer Melee over both though.. >.>
Why is better to not try? And remember, its not replacing Brawl

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Don't call it Brawl+ because

it's Brawlee

haha

MetaXzero is right, L-canceling and wavedashing weren't glitches in Melee. Wavedashing is an exploit of the game's physics engine and L-cancelling was intentional.
It was hard to think of L-Cancelling as a glitch for me in the first place.. I first thought that whoever did it should be fired.. or something. It obviously had to be intentional though, it's kind of hard to see it as a "glitch" or exploit.. I mean how would it happen anyways? XD.

Why is better to not try? And remember, its not replacing Brawl
It's just an opinion honestly. I like Brawl better than Brawl +, and brawl + looks pretty stupid and just doesn't fit inside the game imho.

I know it's not replacing Brawl, it'd be impossible pretty much. Aren't tourney holders in it for the money (big tournaments at least)? They're just losing money if every tourney was just Brawl+.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Anyone notice how toon links general discussion was the ONLY general discussion to close on the character boards?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I'm giving mods until next week before I complain. =/
Idc if I get banned or anything at this point. I can still read threads, all they're doing is taking me from my community.
Which, they already sorta have. D=

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Well ask nicely at first, don't just come in and say

"****ING GIVE ME THE GOD **** GENERAL DISCUSSION BACK!"

lolol

Chip.

you know what to do
Honestly, I don't understand what was wrong with having a Chat and Spam thread in this forum. In the Melee character discussion threads I saw plenty of Chat/Spam threads. It helps sustain a growing community of members that socialize and interact with eachother thus leading to a closer-knit community that are more apt to share ideas with eachother and potentially change the metagame of their character all the while ousting any forms of spam in other topics. If people get the urge to spam, they can do it in the chat and spam thread.

I'm not going to let this go. I'm going to go debate this topic in the Staffer Shack with the other mods so that I might restore that helpful thread of happiness in the future.

-Chip out

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
<333333333333333333333333333 Chip.

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about Toon Link in Brawl +. =/
Its like the black suit in Spiderman 3 to me.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Hmm Well now I'm super out numbered >.>...

Very well wavedashing is not a glitch...its a exploit of air dodging There my thoughts have been changed lol

either way thanx chip please fight for us.
But please dont get de-modded or band for it.
You either Sasuke, minus the de-modded part lol

Back to brawl+

Yea I see alittle goodness in it cause of hitstun...
I love hit stun...WoP <3

But I like brawl how it was made... its basically a whole entire new setup from melee.
Without removing the basic basics...just changed physics.
And some other stuff too but yall get me right?

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I'm trying to think. Does bair spam combo any better (or combo at all) in Brawl +?

What about zair to grab? Is zair more vaiable with Brawl +?

I don't like Brawl +, but if people are curious I might start up homebrew tonight and test it on some computers. When I get back I'll try to play others with it to see how it works..

It'll feel wierd though =/

Top Bottom