• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link AT's Thread: A Vast New Sea to Explore! [In Progress]

D

Deleted member

Not sure if anyones posted, but we can edge cancel Arrows (has to be aerial, right before we land), Airdodge Zair (even with bomb)
same concept as this:

I'll record this later and post it

Last edited by a moderator:

Yackabean

"He's shooting arrows out his butt" ~ Scotland
NNID
jack1996
3DS FC
3539-9728-7714
It's to do with the distance between you and the opponent. It works on little mac when he is standing near enough straight and directly in front of you.
Some characters can have it be done to them from almost any position at low percents.

Yackabean

"He's shooting arrows out his butt" ~ Scotland
NNID
jack1996
3DS FC
3539-9728-7714
Not sure if anyones posted, but we can edge cancel Arrows (has to be aerial, right before we land), Airdodge Zair (even with bomb)
same concept as this:

Nice find! I'm gonna have a mess around with this.
It's amazing how friendly Battlefield has become for us in this game. I didn't like playing on BF in brawl lol. Now it's like my go to stage!

Keytrun

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keytrun
3DS FC
1908-0553-7302
Yackabean can you please update the first post in the thread? If you could throw some combos in that would be great!

Turbopasta

Smash Rookie
Please correct me if someone has already discovered this, but you know how TL can jump-cancel his bomb toss animation while dashing to make it a bit faster? Well I discovered by accident earlier today that if you immediately dash and hit A you can catch the bomb again while doing a standard dash attack.

If you're quick, you can also catch it through an air dodge instead, by doing dash -> jump cancel bomb toss -> dash -> short hop -> air dodge. Sadly bomb toss cancel doesn't work so you'll get landing lag if you do this, but it's still an interesting bit of tech.

D

Deleted member

same concept as this:

That looks neat. I wonder how useful it would be with fire arrows.

Please correct me if someone has already discovered this, but you know how TL can jump-cancel his bomb toss animation while dashing to make it a bit faster? Well I discovered by accident earlier today that if you immediately dash and hit A you can catch the bomb again while doing a standard dash attack.

If you're quick, you can also catch it through an air dodge instead, by doing dash -> jump cancel bomb toss -> dash -> short hop -> air dodge. Sadly bomb toss cancel doesn't work so you'll get landing lag if you do this, but it's still an interesting bit of tech.
Yep, this is already known. It's especially easy to do if you slingshot JCBT since TL slides a crazy distance during the throw.
:170:

Turbopasta

Smash Rookie
That looks neat. I wonder how useful it would be with fire arrows.

Yep, this is already known. It's especially easy to do if you slingshot JCBT since TL slides a crazy distance during the throw.
:170:
Thanks for the link to slingshotting, I hadn't heard of that tech until now. It looks crazy useful, I'll definitely be trying it out when I get a chance to practice. I like that there's actually a reason now to do the slow "turning backwards" animation instead of shield-stopping every time.

Top Bottom