• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Too Technical

tubes

Smash Ace
Ok so often times I'll go try to hit someone offstage and I'll run to the edge and press Jump and input my attack but Falcon DOESN'T GOD**** JUMP and I either die there or get gimped as I try to get back to the stage.

I found out why this happens last night and I know this is probably old news but this **** has lost me so many god**** stocks that I thought I'd share it with you all so nobody will ever have to deal with this bull**** again!

Basically, if you jump to close to the edge, there is a chance you might JC SLIDE OFF THE STAGE, AND DIE!

BBQ°

Smash Champion
this is probably why most people are like "where'd my jump go... :'(..."
just gotta be more careful about that, i guess, haha.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
if you fall of the stage during your jump animation but before the jump comes out, you don't jump.

1) this is not "too technical". You are simply being stupid and killing yourself.

2) you can solve this by practicing jumping off the stage. Its really not that hard.

3) I'm not sure how your reaction time can be so low that you don't realize you didn't jump and then fall to your death before you double jump or upb.

jwkirby64

Smash Journeyman
u can d-throw spacies near the edge and fall off knee, no need for jump there

but whatever
if u have to get very close to the edge to jump and reach ur opponent, then he should be far away enough for you to not do that. simply just edge hog and edge guard

otherwise, u dont have to get 100% on the edge and jump.
a bit before or even 1/4 of the stage is good enough for a fast character like falcon, you main i presume

Vro

Smash Lord
3) I'm not sure how your reaction time can be so low that you don't realize you didn't jump and then fall to your death before you double jump or upb.
reaction time doesn't stop animation lag =( i have this same problem i run off for an aerial but no jump comes out and falcon is just kneeing the underworld.

j3ly

Smash Champion
edit that stratford lol i got a warning for saying that

but yeah hes right, only problem is once u start, u cannot be on your A game without :(

Llumys

Smash Champion
Just because you're quick doesn't mean you're technical. Precise movements are key, regardless if speed is necessary. Missing the jump would actually be a technical error. (:

NOT TECHNICAL ENOUGH

tubes

Smash Ace
It was like... a joke. You know... because I'm trying to get as close to the ledge as possible to get the most out of my jump not knowing you can jc SLIDE OFF THE LEDGE AND DIE.

smakis

Smash Ace
you only die though if your reactions suck and you dont doublejump/up b

PB&J

Smash Hero
i was playing lambchops the other day and nair shine nair edge cancled by an accient then shined him for the kill..too good

but sometimes if u mess up it ***** u..just improvise

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
being technical is being able to consistently do what you want to do. If you edge cancel a lot, but never mean to do it, its not technical, its just luck.

onedayafter7

Smash Apprentice
being technical is being able to consistently do what you want to do. If you edge cancel a lot, but never mean to do it, its not technical, its just luck.
unless youre secretly amazing and your subconscious makes you do it without realizing. jk.
yea, actually i agree with Sveet.

Top Bottom