• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Too ambitious

Depster

Smash Champion
Sometimes we try to hard to get a hit in. It always just results in a shield grab. I propose we make a list of things that always get shield grabbed and find a way to keep from being grabbed all over the place.

1. Shield grab from a jab combo- jab once and follow with something else?
2. DJ Bair after a bair approach

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
jab to jab is the fastest thing u can do so jab can be shield grabed

i like bwetts nair double jump thing where he hits the top of the opponent and dj to avoid shield grab (attack and jump at the same time)

Dyz69

Smash Rookie
Bair into Shield Grab,
Dair countered by Shield grab ( kind of obvious i know )
Nair timing is to weak to poke or even stun

gah hate it when they do that im going all confident on my attacks and it only back fires but well thats the whole point of changing and being unpredictable, i cant remember what else they shield grabbed on me other than all of my arial approaches, and i the only way i found is to do Faints ot mind game them into the real one, but thats all i can say

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Space bairs so that if they're shielded, you land outside of their grab range. Similar with dair, where it's good to land past the opponent (even if you hit him), so you're too far away for a counterattack once you land (since there's a good bit of landing lag after dair ends).

Metatitan

Smash Master
i never approach with dair, ur ALWAYS going to be punished because of its landing lag. its only good for gimping or recovering from the ledge so that u dont have to deal with its ******** landing lag

.Marik

is a social misfit
I agree with Silent Beast. Rising Nairs and spaced Bairs are your best bet to not getting Shield-Grabbed.

Depster

Smash Champion
jab to jab is the fastest thing u can do so jab can be shield grabed

i like bwetts nair double jump thing where he hits the top of the opponent and dj to avoid shield grab (attack and jump at the same time)
I get grabbed off of my second jabs a lot, so something unexpected is always going to help

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
i never approach with dair, ur ALWAYS going to be punished because of its landing lag. its only good for gimping or recovering from the ledge so that u dont have to deal with its ******** landing lag
I'll really only consider using it to approach if the opponent's shield is low. If you hit with all of the kicks, you'll definitely get punished, but if you move past them while the attack is still going, at least in my experience, you can land far enough away to react to what they do.

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
I'll really only consider using it to approach if the opponent's shield is low. If you hit with all of the kicks, you'll definitely get punished, but if you move past them while the attack is still going, at least in my experience, you can land far enough away to react to what they do.
yes, but you'd do like 8% or so. Not really worth the risk if you ask me.

Top Bottom