• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-TOLEDO, OHIO- BRAWL Singles & Doubles Tournament *3/29/08*

ToledoGaming

Smash Cadet
Toledo Gaming's FIRST Super Smash Bros. BRAWL Singles & Doubles Tournament!

Date & Time
Saturday, March 29th 2008
Registration Starts @ 11:00am
Tournament Starts @ 12:00pm
Entry Fee
Singles
$10 + $5 "Door Fee" Per Player

Doubles
$10 + $5 "Door Fee" Per Player

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Store Info
7723 Airport Highway Suite D
Holland, OH 43528
(419) 866-1455

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full Double Elimination: WINNERS and LOSERS brackets. The winners of the LOSERS bracket goes on to challenge the winners of the WINNERS bracket. In order for the winners of the LOSERS bracket to win the tournament(s), they have to defeat the winners of the WINNERS bracket for the duration of 3 FULL MATCHES.

What that means: For the winners of the LOSERS bracket to win the tournament, they will have to defeat the winners of the WINNERS bracket 3 out of 5 and then 3 out of 5 again. Where as the winners of the WINNERS bracket will only have to defeat the challengers from the LOSERS bracket 3 out of 5.

GENERAL RULES
1. No stage may be used twice in a single match in a Best Of 3 or Best Of 5 Series.
2. Each player can select one level that will not be played during their set of games after the characters have been selected in the first game. Random stages cannot be knocked out.
3. For the first game of a match, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.
4. After each game of a match, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters, then the losing player(s) may change characters.
5. PLAYERS MUST BRING OWN CONTROLLERS!

ALSO ANY EXTRA Wii's OR T.V's would be greatly appreciated!

SINGLES SETTINGS
- No items
- Stall tactics banned (DQ inevitable)

Until Championship
- 1v1, 3 stock, 8 Minute Time Limit
- Best of 3 games
- Random Neutral Stage to start

Semi Finals & Championship:
- 1v1, 3 stock, 8 Minute Time Limit
- Best of 5 games
- Random Neutral Stage to start

Neutral Stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Legal Stages
Yoshi's Island (SSBM)
Shadow Moses Island
Rainbow Cruise (SSBM)
Onett (SSBM)
Brinstar (SSBM)
Electroplankton

Banned Stages
75m
Big Blue (SSBM)
Flat Zone 2
Hyrule Temple (SSBM)
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
The Summit
WarioWare

Prizes
(The $10 entry fee goes directly to the prize pot, the $5 "door fee" goes to the LAN Center.)
1st Place - 60%
2nd Place - 30%
3rd Place 10%

Post any questions, or discussions below....

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
I have to question some of the stage decisions. Why are Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise Banned? And why isn't Pokemon Stadium 2 banned? I don't have a big problem with the Poke Stadium 2, but Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise are both perfectly fine stages.

ToledoGaming

Smash Cadet
Some banned stages will be removed.... we will update the list later tonight or tomorrow.

Post suggestions on the maps you fell should be switched.

Impp

Smash Ace
Electroplankton, Rainbow Cruise, and Brinstar should definitely not be banned.
Maybe Yoshi's (melee) shouldn't. I've personally got nothing against Warioware being legal, but I'm probably by myself on that one. And maybe Delfino Plaza and Pokemon (melee) as a neutral? Pokemon 2 should stay counterpickable IMO

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
My only real complaints are Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise. PKMN Stadium 2 is on the fence, but thats essentailly it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
None of these stages have proven they need to be banned save for a select few, but if you want to be careful for your tournament, I understand. The ones in bold below are the ones out of your list that so far have no business being banned at all.

75m
Big Blue (SSBM)
Brinstar (SSBM)
Electroplankton

Flat Zone 2
Hyrule Temple (SSBM)
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom
New Pork City
Onett (SSBM)
Rainbow Cruise (SSBM)
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses Island
The Summit
WarioWare
Yoshi's Island (SSBM)

soap

Smash Hero
well i guess it wouldnt be as bad in brawl fox on onett, in melee you could get drilled from anywhere then waveshined into the wall for the infinite, in brawl you have to start at the wall

4% APR

Smash Champion
By "neutral" do you mean legal? I don't want to get randomed to Electroplankton or onett, but if there legal that's fine

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. You're Neutral stages shouldn't be that long a list.

Yoshi's Island (SSBM)
Shadow Moses Island
Rainbow Cruise (SSBM)
Onett (SSBM)
Brinstar (SSBM)
Electroplankton

These shouldn't be neutral (aka on random). These are counterpick material. Like 4% APR said, they're fine as long as they're not on random.

Goddess

Smash Apprentice
i'll maybe be here.
no promises.
only if joe4sho is going.
just so you know, david.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm considering it... but it looks like it'll have maybe 12 people
and that's lame

so I don't want to drive 3 hours to only win a tiny amount of $ >_>

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I agree with overswarm. raise your hand if you're going. not driving 2 1/2 hours for nothing

Who knows, I could be curing cancer or inventing renewable energy instead of being at a tournament with 10 people.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I agree with overswarm. raise your hand if you're going. not driving 2 1/2 hours for nothing

Who knows, I could be curing cancer or inventing renewable energy instead of being at a tournament with 10 people.
I was planning on doing the renewable energy thing. You go for cancer.

But if there isn't enough even for a good bracket...

I wouldn't want to drive if first was only like $100.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
alright, its settled. If there isn't enough interest for a good bracket over swarm gets renewable energy and I'll tackle cancer. Aids is still on the table.

Impp

Smash Ace
Is there going to be enough setups, that have all the characters and stages unlocked on them? How many are there so far?
BTW I can bring a T.V, but I don't own a wii.

emo_prinny

Smash Rookie
Had a fun time even though I sucked it up. You guys were unreal, I have a lot of practice to do to try and get better for next time.

Top Bottom