• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Today's patch for Ike

Aquasition

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1091-8948-2851
>Switched from Ragnell to Alondite ;]

(There's no difference between the two in terms of stats, right?)

On-topic, I haven't found anything different. FAir might be a tiny bit shorter, but I'm willing to chalk that up to placebo effect.

Arrei

Smash Lord
I think there were no changes found to Ike in the diff checker, so we should be unchanged.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Sheik, MK, ZSS, Bayo all got noticeably easier. Depending on where MK goes from here, MK might no longer be a losing MU. If he can't cheese us early, we can get rage against him. Rage + light bat = death. And Ike's going to be in a good spot: Rosalina might gain some popularity and we have a slight edge on her. Ike is... arguably one of the better characters to use against Cloud and he's going to skyrocket in use. Sonic might get more use again due to Sheik and ZSS nerfs, we beat him.

However, Charizard MU might have legitimately gotten more difficult. He apparently lost something crazy like 9 frames of lag on his Fair and Bair, got more weight, got more air speed, etc.

PyroTakun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ta-kun
Ngl, I might try picking up Charizard or Mewtwo after looking at the patch notes.

I think we'll have to see ZSS in action before we jump to conclusions, but Sheik MK and Bayo are definitely nerfed. This patch didn't have direct Ike buffs, but all these nerfs feel like an indirect buff for Ike.

Maik93

Smash Cadet
NNID
Maik_93
I saw someone in the patch discussion thread claim that our utilt might have gotten slower...

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
I saw someone in the patch discussion thread claim that our utilt might have gotten slower...
I wouldn't worry about it. The person you're talking about is notoriously untrustworthy, and Ike has been confirmed to have received 0 changes.

Last edited:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
1) Never read any posts by Radical Larry. Ever.

2) MK can do some pretty crazy stuff with his new fair, might not be as much of an improvement as we would like. Still overall an improvement though just... he might be able to kill us off of Fair at like.... well it works on another MK at 60% I'm not sure what that would translate to on Ike.

Arrei

Smash Lord
That and an auto-snapping Aether.

Maybe if we repeat it enough times it'll come true. Or do we need a pair of ruby slippers for that?

AbelCor

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0104-1826-6256
So the nitpicks went something like this:
  • Long FAF of b-air
  • Unfunctional d-air
  • Only useful smash is u-smash
  • no backwards Aether ledgesnap, Aether itself is finicky
We really should be grateful for everything we've gotten though. Just look at f-air's evolution. I guess we should just hope for no unnecessary nerfs and maybe a buff or two to get more representation.

On another note, do you guys think that Corrin's nerfs affect us in any way?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
So the nitpicks went something like this:
  • Long FAF of b-air
  • Unfunctional d-air
  • Only useful smash is u-smash
  • no backwards Aether ledgesnap, Aether itself is finicky
We really should be grateful for everything we've gotten though. Just look at f-air's evolution. I guess we should just hope for no unnecessary nerfs and maybe a buff or two to get more representation.

On another note, do you guys think that Corrin's nerfs affect us in any way?
Pretty much that and sideB damage. I'd put aether's and sideB's frame data in there, too. Dair is pretty decent, but it's not really all that good, just slightly above average at most.

Corrin got slower apparently. That helps the most. Uair change is also good for us. Fair and nair's damage decrease may have helped Corrin in some ways, but the lower speed may have reduced combo setups in general.

Last edited:

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
If Aether had actual super armor frames it'd be a somewhat usable move for recovery but right now it's frame 16+ with 2 frames of super armor and glaring blind spots. If there was like frames 8-18 super armor with slight buffs to the start up we could do something with it

Arrei

Smash Lord
Wait, is the armor only 2 frames? I thought for sure Ike sat in his armored backward pose for a fair amount longer than that.

Top Bottom