• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toasted Ravs Melee Tournament - Fall 2013 - November 9th, 2013 - Saint Louis, MO

Cook

Smash Master
Oh, heeeeeeeyyyyyy! Guess I'm coming to this thing for Brawl, so I might as well be a pot filler for Melee, too. :awesome:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Brawl Rules.
\
General Rules

#0-Don't be a jerk
#1-No stealing
#2-Don't trip over hippies
#3-Be respectful of other peoples property and person
#4-Be on time for your matches, let the TO know if you are going for a smoke break or food break.
#5-Coaching allowed between matches, not during
#6-You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
HOWEVER
I understand that people play pranks. Joker doesn't know this but on someones wii all of his inputs are set to shield and taunt, so if something like this occurs, I will laugh at you, but your match will be restarted with the understanding that you must change your controls afterwards.
#7--Intentional forfeiting, match fixing and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO. Splitting is a touchy subject, but so long as you play your set out, I don't care what you do with your $ or who you share it with.
#8-All hacks must be approved by the TO, specifically stage/character textures. Music is usually fine but I may request that you turn off some specific songs, and you must oblige.

Seeding: I might run pools, if 24 or less everyone will make it to bracket. Otherwise I will be looking for one person per area to assist in seeding. PR rankings will be acknowledged. So make your fake PRs now.

Total Sets> Head 2 Head> Total Games.

* In the event of a X-way tie in Pools after all tiebreakers are exhausted, a best-of-1 round robin will be played out between the X players until there is a clear order of placings.

Brawl Rules

* 3 stock, 9:00 minutes
* Items are set to "OFF" and "NONE"
* Pause is set to "OFF" if players agree
* Metaknights infinite dimensional cape and extended dimesional cape are banned.
* 50 Ledge Grab Limit for Low Tier characters [15 for 1 stock in the event of a timeout]
* 40 Ledge Grab Limit for Mid Tier characters (Borderline) [13 for 1 stock in the event of a timeout]
* 30 Ledge Grab Limit for High Tier characters (S tier) [10 for 1 stock in the event of a timeout]
-If a player goes over the ledge grab limit and the game goes to time, the opponent will be declared the winner. If both players exceed the ledge grab limit, normal win conditions apply.
* See Stage Striking for more information on how stages are selected and banned.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by all players.
* In teams matches, ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins G&W Judgement will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the G&W Judgement winner will get the last port. If there is a conflict in singles, G&W Judgment will determine who chooses port/stage striking first.
* Stalling is banned. Stalling is defined as the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while endlessly grabbing the ledge or flying underneath the stage is. Any infinite chain grabs must end immediately after 200% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling. If stalling is confirmed by the tournament organizer, the offending player will forfeit the match.
* In the event of a Bowser/Ganon/Dedede/Kirbycide
#1-If the game goes to sudden death, sudden death is played out
#2-If the game goes to the winner screen, the one who did the suicide move wins.
* If a sudden death is initiated by both players dying at the exact same time or a tie in both stock count and percentage, sudden death will be played out
*In the event pause is left on and is pressed, immediately call over the TO. Based upon the TO's judgment, the situation will be resolved. Punishment may range from nothing, a warning, free attack (will be chosen by the TO and will be character specific), loss of stock/match/set or ejection from venue.
*Any additional disputes will be up to determination by the tournament organizer.

Stage Striking:

1-2-1-1-1-1-1

-In the event of a dispute, G&W Judgement will be used to determine who strikes first.

After each match:
1. Winner announces 2 stage bans (until WF/LF/GF then 1 ban)
2. Loser chooses counter-pick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Doubles-Specific Rules:
* Life stealing is allowed
* Team Attack is turned ON
* Double Metaknight is banned unless agreed upon by all FOUR players
* If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

TLDR; 3 stocks, 9 minutes, WF/LF/GF b/o 5, 2 stage bans until WF/LF/GF then 1 stage ban. There are no starters/counters, Double MK banned doubles

Stages

Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Delfino Plaza, Lylat Cruise, Pictochat, Yoshis Brawl, PS1 and Frigate.

newbrowny

Smash Rookie
This would be the first tournament I enter, but is it a just kinda show up thing or should I RSVP or...?

Sorry if I sound like an airhead, I've never done this before. It'd be cool to come check it out!

Roux

Smash Journeyman
This would be the first tournament I enter, but is it a just kinda show up thing or should I RSVP or...?
You may as well RSVP. I'm trying to get a more accurate count of ppl coming. RSVP's are showing about 20ish from both here and the FB event page, but I know there will be at least 30 altogether.

And bring power strips.

And Brawl/P:M entrants still should plan on paying the $5 venue fee even if they're not playing melee. I am waiving that fee for the Brawl & PM TO's since they're drawing a bigger crowd.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Hey, so are you guys still doing the Brawl tournament on Nov. 9th too? My friend and I have been looking for some tournaments we can enter around St. Louis (and I love melee, but I haven't played it since Brawl lol).

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
dont think i can make this unless i get sponsored or something, which i wouldn't expect you guys to do. train tickets are $60 atm. if i don't get to go i hope it's awesome for you guys :D

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Hey, so are you guys still doing the Brawl tournament on Nov. 9th too? My friend and I have been looking for some tournaments we can enter around St. Louis (and I love melee, but I haven't played it since Brawl lol).
Yeah Niko, no brawl at this point. There were maybe 10-12 entrants at the last Brawl side tourney. I'd be willing to host them if someone wanted to step forward and run it. Venue fee would still apply. I'll hit you back if something changes and someone decides to host brawl.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Yeah Niko, no brawl at this point. There were maybe 10-12 entrants at the last Brawl side tourney. I'd be willing to host them if someone wanted to step forward and run it. Venue fee would still apply. I'll hit you back if something changes and someone decides to host brawl.
That's fine, thanks for the feedback anyway.

metroid1117

Smash Master
HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE. Funny to think that it'll be my second tourney in Louisiana after moving so close to the border.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE. Funny to think that it'll be my second tourney in Louisiana after moving so close to the border.
Wha? Do you mean Louisiana, Missouri close to the border of Illinois on the Mississippi River?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Metroid do you need help? We can intervene if the drug addiction is too much for you just let us know bro lmaooo.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I'm good, it's just that 11* hr work days for 5 days per week get to me :p.

*2-3 of which are spent goofing off and procrastinating like a scrub >.>.

crawlshots

Smash Apprentice
Considering going to this! I gotta see if my friend from IN is coming, if he isn't I probably won't bother making the drive from KC.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
all the kc people will prolly just be hanging out at darkrains in overland park

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Stagelist/Rules for PM:

Striking 1-2-2-1 Format
Advanced Slob picks for counterpicks

Starters: The bottom row of page 1!
Yoshi's Story
Final D
Battlefield
Smashville
PS2
Dreamland
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpicks:
All starters
WarioWare
Yoshi's Island
Green Hill Zone
Lylat Cruise
Skyloft
Skyworld
Metal Cavern
Dracula's Castle
Rumble Falls
SSE: Jungle
Frigate Orpheon
PS1
Kongo Jungle

Each player will get 4 bans!!!

Entry fee: $5.

I hope to see new people entering this time . I'm practicing up melee just for you guys ;P. I will have a written out stagelist at the tournament.

Top Bottom