• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad/Captain Toad/Toadette Fan Club

Quillion

Smash Hero
Would be nice if the Captain was there in some form, but it seems he's always going to be the 3D main series exclusive character fsr.

Laniv

Smash Champion
But what I wanna know is why they show Toad, and immediately cut to Captain Toad

Laniv

Smash Champion
Wake up everyone, new(ish) Toad render just dropped:

1693227328159.png

Old render for reference:
1693227354562.png

Aside from lighting updates, his eyes have gotten a bit smaller, and his smile is a little more crooked

Laniv

Smash Champion

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Who's ready for more Toad footage? I am?

Please just show blue Toad I'm worried for him
We got the Blue Toad hatted Goomba, there's a chance.

...I'd still prefer just regular old Toad, but whatcha gonna do?

Still I'm very excited to see this one!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Really wish we had four playable Toads in Super Mario Bros. Wonder. Four Yoshis are playable but two (three, counting Toadette) Toads are playable. We should have gotten Red Toad, Green Toad, and Purple Toad too.

They also added Daisy so little girls wouldn’t fight over playing as Peach. Fair, but what if you had four little girls? Should have added Rosalina and Pauline too while they were at it.

Laniv

Smash Champion
...Well, Toad is playable in Mario vs. Donkey Kong's 2-Player mode.

So... that's something.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Very happy to see Toad getting more playable roles in upcoming main games.

Super Mario Bros. Wonder and now Mario vs. Donkey Kong Switch remake.

And finally, playable Toad has red spots and blue vest for once! It’s not Blue Toad or Yellow Toad but the Toad himself.

Laniv

Smash Champion
So, Super Mario Bros. Wonder is here, and with it is another opportunity to play as a Toad (and more powerups from which Toad can build a Smash Bros moveset).

Can anyone confirm if Toad has a new voice in this game?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So, Super Mario Bros. Wonder is here, and with it is another opportunity to play as a Toad (and more powerups from which Toad can build a Smash Bros moveset).

Can anyone confirm if Toad has a new voice in this game?
sounds the same as usual to me

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
100% finished with Super Mario Bros. Wonder today.

Good game. Just wish there were more playable Toads like Toad (or Red Toad or Captain Toad), Green Toad, and Purple Toad… and a playable Rosalina.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
100% finished with Super Mario Bros. Wonder today.

Good game. Just wish there were more playable Toads like Toad (or Red Toad or Captain Toad), Green Toad, and Purple Toad… and a playable Rosalina.
I've still yet to be able to play it (our order was delayed, then a friend who we were planning to co-op with went ill for a week, etc). What's Captain Toad's actual role in this? Spoiler tag if you can.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I've still yet to be able to play it (our order was delayed, then a friend who we were planning to co-op with went ill for a week, etc). What's Captain Toad's actual role in this? Spoiler tag if you can.
you will find the occasional hidden pipe on the map screen that will take you to him where he will give you coins

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Since we don't have character support threads in their own area I haven't posted in any of them I think but hey I'm feeling froggy gonna leap . Toad for next Smash, please Nintendo!

(Any variants apply, this message will self destruct in 10... 9... 8...)

Laniv

Smash Champion

A reminder that Toad will be playable in Mario vs. Donkey Kong (and his jumping ability got better!)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Remember in Mario Tennis, Toad displayed bubble powers. Maybe in Smash, Toad could use Bubble Flowers from Super Mario Bros. Wonder. Maybe the bubbles could stop incoming projectiles and trap opponents.

Top Bottom