• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To those who are ragging on about Ike...

Pabrocity

Smash Rookie
Oh noes, an army of Ike mainers...... They will all die.... and suffer slowly...... slowly...

After that pleasant message, I would like to quote Hellbeing. "Don't judge a book by it's cover." Ike isn't automatically a good smash character because he was kickass in FE9. Fanboyism is not what smash is about (well yes it is, but the game itself should be the primary focus, and let fanboyism come second.) If we let Fanboyism rule the day, we might as well all go buy X-boxs, become boxy-fanboys, and then spend 12 hours a day playing Gears of War and Halo 3 at the same time. You can enjoy Halo and Gears of War, but fanboyism is just plain wrong. (Not that you guys will ever listen to me...)

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Oh noes, an army of Ike mainers...... They will all die.... and suffer slowly...... slowly...

After that pleasant message, I would like to quote Hellbeing. "Don't judge a book by it's cover." Ike isn't automatically a good smash character because he was kickass in FE9. Fanboyism is not what smash is about (well yes it is, but the game itself should be the primary focus, and let fanboyism come second.) If we let Fanboyism rule the day, we might as well all go buy X-boxs, become boxy-fanboys, and then spend 12 hours a day playing Gears of War and Halo 3 at the same time. You can enjoy Halo and Gears of War, but fanboyism is just plain wrong. (Not that you guys will ever listen to me...)
Oh we know Ike will not be an easy character to learn... we are just huge fans and want to play with our fav characters. Ike happens to be that.. plenty have told me that Ike is not good... not true.. just hard to play.. I love a challenge

RazeveX

Smash Ace
This thread is really full of ****...

People aren't ragging on Ike; they're telling the truth.

The truth is, Ike sucked at the demo. He just wasn't as good as the other characters; its as simple as that. We would all like him to be better, he just isn't, and the facts are being stated. Just because you're having a fit about it doesn't mean you should blame it on honest smashers.

And to the guy who used gimpy as a reason that tiers don't exist; HE HATES WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT. He said it recently in one of the episode 26 SMYN pandacasts. Just because he uses bowser doesn't mean that he is ignorantly believing that he is the best (like some people seem to be).

The truth is, Ike does have a below average recovery, no matter how you use it. I can't say the same about his attacks, because there may be other uses (unlikely); but you simply cannot argue the recovery.

Oh, and somehow i don't think maining Ike will "piss people off".

Torchik

Smash Ace
^_^ Welcome to the club!

@RazeveX, We all know that's it's possible for him to be low tier. You can still be amazing with him. Plus, he got improved at Jumpfesta, which could have changed him into a beast. The truth is, Ike has been buffed and only time will tell how he plays.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
*FACEPALM*

Ike is the Bowser of SSBB
Regardless of the no flinch animation he simply fails in a 1v1 battle.
he will do well in a FFA but thats only because everyone will be too busy trying to kill each other to notice him.

Darkburst

Smash Cadet
This thread is really full of ****...

People aren't ragging on Ike; they're telling the truth.

The truth is, Ike sucked at the demo. He just wasn't as good as the other characters; its as simple as that. We would all like him to be better, he just isn't, and the facts are being stated. Just because you're having a fit about it doesn't mean you should blame it on honest smashers.

Since when does a few minutes at a demo determine if a character is totally unplayable or not?

Though I do support you on the gimpyfish part. Unfortunately, tiers do exist, (at least in 1 on 1 matches). However, gimpyfish does show that you can win and be good with a low-tier character.

Or is he somehow offended by using him as an example there, too?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Since when does a few minutes at a demo determine if a character is totally unplayable or not?

Though I do support you on the gimpyfish part. Unfortunately, tiers do exist, (at least in 1 on 1 matches). However, gimpyfish does show that you can win and be good with a low-tier character.

Or is he somehow offended by using him as an example there, too?
I don't think he would.Only if people got the wrong idea that low tier characters can compete with high tier characters at a high playing level.

Torchik

Smash Ace
Shadowlink, you have been forgiven! ^_^ Hehe, sorry I had to go all serious on you, my fanboyism kicked in. Anyway, I guess tiers to do exist...Some characters just aren't as good as others...but yeah, you can make any character amazing!

Top Bottom