• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To those who are ragging on about Ike...

JohnAnon

Smash Cadet
Have you ever even stopped to think that Ike is more than he meets the eye?

First off, yeah. Ike's attacks are slow. But that doesn't mean those slow moves are necessarily bad. Ike still has tremendous power with large hitboxes, and if you can use them effectively, they can give you a good edge and some early KOs. And it's not like all his attacks are slow. He has some good fast ones, too.

Second, his recovery is pretty bad. IF you don't know how to use them. He's like Luigi in SSBM. You either recover completely vertically or completely horizontally. Ike can cover a lot of vertical distance with his Side B. And if you can aim his Up B right, with the hyper armor attached, he basically gets a good vertical recovery that's hard to interrupt.

And third... Wait, that's it. That's all the primary things almost everyone complains about.

Here's a protip: EVERYONE NEEDS TIME AND DEDICATION TO MASTER A CHARACTER. Just because a character is or can potentially be low/bottom tier doesn't mean they'll always be bad. In fact, beating high tiers with low tiers is all in all way more satisfying. It shows how much skill and dedication you put in to winning. Just look at other fighting games. A good Chipp can beat Eddie. And even a REALLY good Dan can take out someone like Sentinel.

So don't go on saying "BAWWWWWWWWW IKE IS TOO SLOW AND HE'S GONNA SUCK" or "rofl Ike's gonna be bottom tier cus he sux." It's just getting annoying. In fact, I'm gonna main Ike just you piss off your kind of people.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
thank you for making this it probly wont go far though but that doesnt matter i will go pro with ike and i already play smash until i get in trouble and my friends saybn0 matter what i will be better then just b/c i only use one character and smash is all i do

Torchik

Smash Ace
*raises Ike flag and salutes* Good job, you tell em! ^_^ As for the slow arguement, hey people, look at Gimpyfish!!! Bowser was the slowest Melee character and Gimpy owns with him!

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
i like the flag and statue thing ive seen it so many times people ripping on ike ok then dont be him go be sonic everbody is so jacked up on speed like i said if hes too slow dont complain gtfo of ike forums and let ike users worry bout and other people r not going to change mine or our minds

iMichael

Smash Lord
*raises Ike flag and salutes* Good job, you tell em! ^_^ As for the slow arguement, hey people, look at Gimpyfish!!! Bowser was the slowest Melee character and Gimpy owns with him!
Actually Ganon is the slowest character in Melee. Bowser being second, but Gimpy still owns with him.

MechaBoozer20XX

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but thats just what Bowser faces everyday, but even if he sucks bad it doesnt mean someone with good skillz cant do well with him. Gimpyfish does well with Bowser cant it be the same for Ike?

Oops , I didnt read Torchik's post about Gimpy , mybad.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
well what gimpy says is absolute right maybe i should give up ike sucks really bad and is the worst character in smash history he has nothing going for him at all hes hopeless

sry to be rude im not ussually but gtfo go be somewhere else

sry idk why that got me mad probly bc i hear it to much and it was only a demo but i just cant wait for brawl(well none of us) can

*starts to get pouty,crosses arms,eyes get watery* it ant fair

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
sry i was refering to the smasher above u sry

but yeah i shouldnt even be here talking ill be maining whether he ends up to be top tier,garbage tier,or golden garbage tier

hhhheeeeyyyyy 100th post
ive done like 80 of em in the last day not joking

iMichael

Smash Lord
I'm not calling any mains yet...this game is going to have too many characters...I'll wait and see who I like.

True Fool

Smash Ace
Just in case this thread is pointed at me, among others who have been complaining, I don't think he's going to be an unplayable character, and even if he was I wouldn't care. I've been complaining because he is misrepresented. He's not supposed to be brutish or slow, he was taught a masterful and elegant style of swordsmanship by his father, he doesn't swing his sword as hard as he can and pray to hit.

When the game is out, I'll be fine playing as him and his pulled-out-of-Sakurai's-butt abilities and attacks. I'll still have fun with him and the whole game, and I'll have no more reason to complain(because the game'll be out, and life will be good). But in the meantime I'm just making comments and speculations, and I'm sure my fellow whiners have a similar point of view on the situation.

True Fool

Smash Ace
Yes yes, I'm a terrible person for asking that Sakurai pays a little attention to a character before he puts them in the game.

But as I said before, it's just speculation and small complaints. I'll be perfectly content playing as awkward Ike when the game comes out.

MechaBoozer20XX

Smash Journeyman
I didnt mean any offense, I wasnt being sarcastic . that would be nice but what can you do? I like that Bowser's bigger even if it does end up being a nerf. He should be huge and towering. Ike I think was thrown in to fill in either; heavy character slot , fire emblem character , and not be like Marth or Roy.

True Fool

Smash Ace
Oh, thought you were mocking me. No offense taken then.

But yes, I do understand that about Ike. If Ike AND Marth were completely based off of their games, Ike would match Marth in everything while having more defense, so he'd just be the slightly better Marth, and that definitely wouldn't be good.

Unless they actually made more than one sword-based style, one that actually stabs more than slashes. They wouldn't have to be TOO similar if that was the case.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Oh, thought you were mocking me. No offense taken then.

But yes, I do understand that about Ike. If Ike AND Marth were completely based off of their games, Ike would match Marth in everything while having more defense, so he'd just be the slightly better Marth, and that definitely wouldn't be good.

Unless they actually made more than one sword-based style, one that actually stabs more than slashes. They wouldn't have to be TOO similar if that was the case.
The idea of thrusting and slashing sounds too bland (I'm not sure what that word means, but it sounds like the word fits there xD). To imagine a character only poking another character and another only slashing.

With Ike's slow speed and powerful hits, the next FE character (I'm pretty sure it's Marth) would be really fast and much weaker attacks.

True Fool

Smash Ace
The idea of thrusting and slashing sounds too bland (I'm not sure what that word means, but it sounds like the word fits there xD). To imagine a character only poking another character and another only slashing.

With Ike's slow speed and powerful hits, the next FE character (I'm pretty sure it's Marth) would be really fast and much weaker attacks.
I mostly meant actually using a stab for more than one attack. Especially Marth, whom I think should have used a stab as his Fsmash in the first place. But I didn't mean constricting either to only one option. But Marth should use more stabs, it was how he attacked in his original game. Right now Ike and Marth would share the same Fsmash(almost) if Marth was left the same, and I don't think we need that.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
I mostly meant actually using a stab for more than one attack. Especially Marth, whom I think should have used a stab as his Fsmash in the first place. But I didn't mean constricting either to only one option. But Marth should use more stabs, it was how he attacked in his original game. Right now Ike and Marth would share the same Fsmash(almost) if Marth was left the same, and I don't think we need that.
Link's F-Smash has changed a lot too since SSB and SSBM. He had a strong verticle slash, not it's sorta horizontal and 2 hits. There possibility of it changing is still possible.

I mean, why would we want Marth to get something from his game of origin? I don't want to play a character with a man skirt.... /joke

Still, I'd love for Marth to stay the same...

iMichael

Smash Lord
Marth blows(as a character...not as a fighter in melee)....you see this guy as my avatar....he's the real deal.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Marth blows(as a character...not as a fighter in melee)....you see this guy as my avatar....he's the real deal.
Geeeez. Play some FE1 and FE4. I take that as an offense lol.

And why aren't we asleep. 4am is a nasty time to get some sleep lol....

iMichael

Smash Lord
Geeeez. Play some FE1 and FE4. I take that as an offense lol.

And why aren't we asleep. 4am is a nasty time to get some sleep lol....
I really can't say any FE character blows, because I've never played a FE game. I do plan on buying PoR though...maybe sometime in mid Jan. (ok get back on topic)

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
both por and rd is good (rd was better)
and thats all i got uuummm go ike

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
just to piss you guys off...

ike is garbage from what we have seen so far. crap recovery, slow, large.
but im still going to main him.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
yeah me too i cant get mad from that anymore

hey i havent seen u on here waltz for a long time in ike forums

ike supposedly got buffs since e4all

Torchik

Smash Ace
*twitch* .......IKE DOESN'T WANT YOU TO MAIN HIM, YOU HATER!!! NO ONE INSULTS IKE WITH ME HERE!!! GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!! O_O *calms down* Hey, Johnny! You just let him insult Ike like that?!

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
well hes gona main him and he thinks he sucks so he obivously doesnt like ike saying the character hes gona main sucks
he wont be good but u never know i dont think ike is garbage tier or top tier actually i dont believe in tiers if he sucks ill make him good ill play him competitivly especialy againts characters on SPEED

Hellbeing

Smash Journeyman
Finally someone who agrees with me, ive been saying that for forever but nobody listens. Another point is people are basing their beliefs wholley on the people who went without using their own experiances with Ike, because they have none! You cant base everything on what the E4all people said because if they played everyone an equal amount of time at E4all each person would have only played him for about 8% of the time there. I prefer to think they missed a lot of points of Ike. Oh, and btw, never judge a book by its cover

Torchik

Smash Ace
Same...never been to an actual tourney, and I don't use wavedashing, so...Ike is mine no matter what! (UNLESS they somehow go crazy and put Elincia in...then they would be tied. >_>)

Top Bottom