• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To many Yoshi Haters

Sharky

Smash Master
Wifi is hosed right now. Everyone who isn't in Japan can do friend code matches with over a full second of lag in between every button input. "With Anyone" Matches are also impossible for Americans who imported, so we have to wait until March just like the rest of you.
I have the game, I know how the wifi is. >.> The bad connections will have a second or more of lag, but the green connections are more like a half second or less. Definitely not as bad as you're making it out to be.

And smashbro99, this whole topic has been about how he doesn't suck. So bah to you =P

Chepe

Smash Lord
Seriously, people saying Yoshi sucks just because they dont know how to play them are being just like the current IC haters that dont know how to use therefore dont like them and say they suck lol. ICs in Melee are still noob-hate fodder to this day...

VandalD

Smash Cadet
I almost never played Yoshi in melee, and I don't go to tournaments, so I had no indication that Yoshi was any good at all in melee, or that he would be in brawl. I actually saw all this hate for Yoshi and thought I'd come here and see the general opinion, and maybe find a video that actually had someone playing Yoshi. I'm glad to see Yoshi isn't as bad as most people seem to think he is. It makes no sense to me that people could actually be happy about a character being nerfed heavily or being "unplayable."

All the hate actually made me more curious, so I'll probably give Yoshi more of a shot this time before I write him off personally.

smash64

Smash Champion
Yoshi is a great character if you master him other ppl would be speechless trust me i know cuz i master Yoshi on both melee and N64

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Now you're getting interesting. Elaborate please?
Yoshi is amazing in Brawl. Uair buffed. Bair buffed. Egg toss buffed, and can now recover. With the new techique, pivot grab, there's no lag for the grab. Side B is buffed. Down B is buffed. Can still Edge Cancel Eggs. Oh yea, I think he's definitely at least middle tier material. :)

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Tiers are not based on popularity. They are more based off potential, and generally, higher potential characters win. Peach sure as **** didn't get popular in Smash due to her fanbase...

Ebonyks

Smash Apprentice
^

They're not based on potential. They're based on a statistical analysis of the placements of various characters in tournaments.

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
^

But how are tournaments won? Skill, but when players of equal skill match off, potential is the tiebreaker

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Tiers are not based on popularity. They are more based off potential, and generally, higher potential characters win. Peach sure as **** didn't get popular in Smash due to her fanbase...
^

They're not based on potential. They're based on a statistical analysis of the placements of various characters in tournaments.
^

But how are tournaments won? Skill, but when players of equal skill match off, potential is the tiebreaker
You guys are right and wrong. Yes, it's based on analysis of character placements in tourneys. It also is potential if players of the same skill faced off as different characters.

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
Well, that's not quite the problem. In Melee, he really wasn't that great. However, Brawl changed that. The real issue is from the players who just don't give him a second chance in Brawl. :(
That's the truth, I can't wait til someone like you gets to prove to people that he doesn't have to be as bad as Melee Yoshi

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
yoshi doesn't even suck and he never did anyway.
if you think he's bad your not gonna play?
wow

Gindler

Smash Champion
Yeah, for some reason everyone thinks he sucks. People laughed when i said yoshi after being asked which character i'd be for the gamestop tourney, little did they know that i'd end up killing them with him :p

and it depends on who you ask if he sucks, my friends when we played melee would say how unfair it is for me to play yoshi because he's so unfairly good (usually the one that spams pikachu's thunder, noob of the group), I just told them it was the player and not the character that wins, and yoshi just takes a long time for people to use he's no link/mario/fox/marth when it comes to pick up and play.

Top Bottom