• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To Disrespect a Captain Falcon In For Glory Mode.

Pyraxy

Smash Rookie
Ever see a Captain Falcon never switch out to another character?
Even in an unfair situational fight where you (The Opponent) are constantly using projectiles to hold the center stage control and give the opposing Falcon the ledge?
To me, a guy who just mains Falcon because I'd rather best someone with combo's rather rely on silly gimmick spam this makes me furious to fight against such a boring match up.
In fact the match usually ends up with me just self destructing so I could find some other opponent.
Maybe this is all just one stupid post but regardless I thought I'd just post how I feel when I fight up against the same match up over and over like they're trying to reach the top of the leaderboards.

Rubiks Dan

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2208-5803-5426
I'll give my point of view..it seems a little crazy so just take it with a grain of salt.

I think they like playing with that character.

I know, I might've broken some new ground here, but just consider it.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
A projectile spammer complaining about his opponents being not worthy enough to fight. The irony is stronger than the Falcon Punch...

Pyraxy

Smash Rookie
A projectile spammer complaining about his opponents being not worthy enough to fight. The irony is stronger than the Falcon Punch...
Nah man, I'm the falcon player and everyone is are the projectile spammers. I wrote this while salty so it may not make sense.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
Nah man, I'm the falcon player and everyone is are the projectile spammers. I wrote this while salty so it may not make sense.
The first post made it look like you were complaining about Captain Falcon players,not spammers. If you fight a spammer, either switch to a character you can deal with spam using, or just leave them. I don't see why you would try the same stuff over and over against a spammer, because the same stuff is going to happen. Falcon isn't good at dealing with projectile spam, so you will have to switch if you want to deal with them.

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
Being a Marth main, trust me, I know. It makes me furious, but you have to use your fury to be successful. That's the way of the true, projectileless warriors.

Last edited:

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
If they're just spamming projectiles, you should still be able to beat them. Close the distance.

Last edited:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I play primarily a projectile character (Megaman), and if I don't switch characters, that means I think you are good enough to warrant my main/for me to try and learn the matchup from you.

If I'm demolishing you then I will switch to say Ganon or D3 or something, but that is NOT a sign of respect.
When you run into opponents like that, instead of leaving, either learn the matchup or if the matchup is that bad then use it to practice a secondary that can allow you to win.

DaRedMage

Smash Cadet
Projectile Spammers, eh? Well I've been guilty with PK Fire but I've learned to tone it down, uless I'm fighting a heavy weight like Bowser or Dk. I've toned it down after play a Pikachu on For Glory who kept on spamming, it was not fun for the both of us.

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
12 year olds complaining. Noob i tell you....sigh
Pigs that make a community that should be welcoming and helpful into a Call of Duty forum.

Give some real advice instead of being a ****, if you're so experienced.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I love disrespecting Captain Falcon players in For Glory. Are you the kind that only throws special moves, or the kind that never throws special moves?

Nocally

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3840-6058-2117
I don't have anything to contribute to this thread, but playing against captain falcon in for glory, using pikachu, is a fun match up. use projectiles to stop Falcon´s approaches, go in close combat where the small size of pikachu makes it hard for the captain to hit him, fun times.

Jelani Thompson

Smash Rookie
NNID
jelani435
3DS FC
3840-7909-0481
I don't have anything to contribute to this thread, but playing against captain falcon in for glory, using pikachu, is a fun match up. use projectiles to stop Falcon´s approaches, go in close combat where the small size of pikachu makes it hard for the captain to hit him, fun times.
Not when he uses that dang Falcon Kick. The range on it is so far.

Diamond DHD

Smash Journeyman
Just because someone doesn't like using close-up fighters like Captain Falcon, doesn't mean that they don't try their hardest to beat the best of opponents, and it doesn't mean they're trying to disrespect by using projectiles. I have no interests in being #1, I enjoy playing the game for what it is, and using every card in my chosen character's deck in order to best my opponents. Remember that often close-up characters can be flat out annoying as well, Captain Falcon's side-b being a kill move? Come on, some of us have to try and land a smash attack or spike them off the edge, I'm using my projectiles to keep you back so you don't get an easy KO, but as I said, you should be using every card in your deck, so go for every cheap move you can, but remember that the aim is to have fun.

I choose characters I want to play, not ones that can disrespect other players, I will avoid projectile spam, but if you spam as well, don't expect any respect back.

Red5_snt

Smash Cadet
NNID
Red5_snt
3DS FC
5429-7893-3202
This is dumb, learn the mu and stop complaining about spam. They spam because you let them. Stop doing that and the problem will be solved.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Jump.

Jump over and over.

Get close by jumping.

Swhat always works for me.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
How to disrespect a Captain Falcon user in three easy steps.
1. When you realize he will just keep picking Falcon, pick Falcon as well. Make sure to choose a really bright costume.
2. Use the Knee of Justice.
3. Set down your 3DS, take a deep breath and go for a walk outside.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I don't see the purpose of intentionally disrespecting a Captain Falcon player. In fact, encountering a 100% prime Captain Falcon is one of the more exciting match ups on For Glory. Though sadly the try hard posers are far more common.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I mostly just encounter Falcons that think they're NFL pros.

What with all the goddamn dash attacking.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Most of what's been written here is stupid, so I'll just say be grateful it isn't Brawl. No more Falcos playing the double laser - phantasm away tag game like they used to.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Most of what's been written here is stupid, so I'll just say be grateful it isn't Brawl. No more Falcos playing the double laser - phantasm away tag game like they used to.
..I-I´m pretty sure you have a different character in mind, my good sir.

Unless you're comparing. In which case, this is a totally different thing, cuz Falcos cant play in the NFL.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Campy characters (Samus, Link, Tink, DHD, Megaman and Robin are the primary ones I can think of off the top of my head.) aren't too hard to deal with as Falcon.
I use Falcon pretty often, not as a main but I'm used to projectileless characters (Bowser and Kirby primarily) and I think Falcon has it best out of most of the characters without projectiles. I don't claim to be a master Smash player (far from it) but I do my research.
Here's what I find is most effective:
Jump. The air is gonna help you a lot against campy characters. You're not Little Mac; you can afford to do some short hop NAir approaches or approach from above.
Don't be too predictable. If you approach from the air with an attack all the time, most people will catch on. sometimes air dodging in is the best way.
Get close and STAY close. Almost every campy character is pretty slow. As Falcon, you're on of the fastest characters in the game. If you keep the pressure on and don't let them get away, and predict well, you should be the one who comes out on top.
Keep Raptor Boost fresh. It's one of your quickest KO options, and your other really good KO option, the knee, won't be too useful since they'll stick close to the ground. Once they get around 120%, you should mix it in for a clean KO.
Try to find gaps in their projectiles. Most campy characters can't fire a huge wave of projectiles at once (and if they can, it's not something they can do extremely often) and have fairly noticeable gaps between their projectiles. Try to weave in between them to get close.

If I gave any poor info or anyone has something extra to say, please mention it. Otherwise, I think I covered almost everything. Play aggressively, but don't run facefirst into the projectiles.

D

Deleted member 269706

At least Falcon is fast...Try fighting against that crap as Ike...If there's one thing I've learned, it's that you have to get up in their face. Punish them. It's not easy, but I bet you'll be able to figure it out, Falcon is a strong mofo after all.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Then the glorious battles when as a Falcon main I find another main that's just as good if not better. At a 50% win ratio starting every game with double, "show me your moves!" I have to say I'm very happy with the 50%. shout out to tukki if you're reading this bro pm me!

Last edited:
I love playing with Falcon against projectile characters. Kick back and throw your ****ty weapons at me and I'll just get a d-throw > knee and you're going to hell in a hand basket.

**** weapons. Falcon IS a weapon.

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
You ever play someone with an insanely fast movement speed and a side-B that comes out of nowhere, chases rolls, and can KO? Ever get walled out by someone using their tools against you? Ever SD beca-

Ok, I'ma cut the sarcastic fluff and say you shouldn't be SD'ing. You should be struggling. Fight your way through it. If it's lag, whatev. If it's not laggy, but you're just losing, you should be trying to learn from the match.

Last edited:
Top Bottom