• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To anyone who plays Olimar

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
Id advise you to find another main.

your char is receiving ban talk. and no im not joking

im not saying quit olimar but im saying u better have a backup plan

Card

Smash Lord
Please point me in the direction of the moron who said that. I'm not even an Olimar main and I think that's one of the most stupid things I have ever heard on these forums.

TrueRedemption

Smash Journeyman
Neither a tourney director nor even a BRoomer, who are you to talk of bans and such things? The game hasn't been released yet, and depth in fighting games evolves at players find one abusable tactic, and abuse it until other players figure out a way to beat it, rinse and repeat. Even if Olimar was strong enough to be banned, I promise you until there were 4 to 6 months of nothing olimars winning tournaments, he will not be banned. Grow up and take on a challenge rather than crying ban to make your life easier without attempting to overcome your difficulties, its not very becoming and is frankly annoying.

-True

Edited grammatical errors, I'm tired and didn't catch them first time through.

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
Please point me in the direction of the moron who said that. I'm not even an Olimar main and I think that's one of the most stupid things I have ever heard on these forums.
*agrees*

Olimar is a good character choice, perhaps even a great character choice, but he has his limits. How about Marth or Fox or, better yet, no one for banning? >.>

nyhustler208

Smash Journeyman
*agrees*

Olimar is a good character choice, perhaps even a great character choice, but he has his limits. How about Marth or Fox or, better yet, no one for banning? >.>
agrees this topic is pure failure if olimar was to be banned what ever happened to banning fox, falco and marth in melee?

they were extremly broken in melee

Metzger

Smash Apprentice
Have a bad match? It'll be alright, man. Olimar can't get you here.

Ultimatum479

Smash Apprentice
Olimar's fans can, though, and they bite harder. Plus some of them are rabid. Watch out for the quiet ones.

Olimar isn't going to be banned in tourneys unless some incredibly awesome glitch shows up and allows anyone to beat ANY non-Olimar using Olimar without trying. Anything less can't be grounds for banning; Marth and Falco weren't banned in Melee tourneys.

Hammydude

Smash Rookie
To Needle of Junta

I'm sure that you obviously have some sort of official link to back up this statement. I mean, anyone with your vast intelligence would at least post some sort of proof to prove your statement. You would have to be some kind of tool to make such a statement without SOME official link. But at least you're not that person.

oh wait...you didn't back it up with anything official....oh..hmm... well then.

SKEET SHADY

Smash Journeyman
Olimar shouldn't get banned. He is a straight GANGSTER, gangsters don't get banned. They go against the world. rofl Just joking but I'm sure in time people will find SOMEONE to counter olimar, the game isn't even out yet. Let some time pass and people will find a way to beat him.

Ultimatum479

Smash Apprentice
Right, because not being a forum member for a set amount of time automatically labels one as imperceptive while having a high post count makes one more intelligent. As if that idea weren't an obvious enough logical fallacy, your existence further disproves it.

Hammydude

Smash Rookie
I was going to fight it, but you beat me to it.

Anyways, Oli seems to be decently popular, banning him would cause an uprise that I don't think anyone wants. Plus, if he's good, wouldn't you want a challenge anyways?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Olimar's fans can, though, and they bite harder. Plus some of them are rabid. Watch out for the quiet ones.

Olimar isn't going to be banned in tourneys unless some incredibly awesome glitch shows up and allows anyone to beat ANY non-Olimar using Olimar without trying. Anything less can't be grounds for banning; Marth and Falco weren't banned in Melee tourneys.

"Olimar Fans Can"

You Rang? Anyone who bans ma boi, I will personally come to your house, ring your doorbell, and throw ceramic Pikmin at your face.

Banning characters = fail, except maybe banning Marth.

I'd like to see your source mate...

Also, give me your friend code...that is, if you want to feel what a burning red Pikmin to da face feels like...

Awex

Smash Lord
you sayin' I don't have skills son?! Got beef?! We can take it to the b-ball court!
No, he is saying 'lol no' to this idiot that thinks Olimar is going to be banned
Also I have more posts than you, so step back biaaaaaatch.

jk, but I'll gladly play a wifi match with you when I get my copy this weekend. Just PM me with your friend code.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Why do people keep saying stuff will get banned?
Nothing is going to be banned.
If you think about it, banning anything is stupid.

People forget that Sakurai had to approve EVERY FRAME of the game. So, making making the final version of the game, he is aware of all of the games "aspects" (or ATs in SWF's case), and conisdered all of this when balancing it.

Brawl = Balanced Game, Banning =/= Logical
Anyone who agrees with any banning needs to be slapped

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
This is crazy talk, obviously.

But even if, hypothetically, the back room decided that Olimar deserved to be banned from "serious" competitions (ie: tourneys) it won't stop us from playing him online or in tourneys that we organize ourselves.

nyhustler208

Smash Journeyman
this topic is failure

you can obviously tell that this guy keeps losing to an olimar player and the only way he thinks he can beat his friend is if his friend chooses another character

and if olimar was to actually get banned they need to ban marth also

TrueRedemption

Smash Journeyman
No one since the OP has disagreed on this topic, it could've/should've been locked, but the mods have plenty to keep after so no surprise its not. Instead, if we just all agree its wrong, and stop posting on it, it'll drop to the bottom and it won't be spam in the way anymore.

-True

nelohalo

Smash Rookie
maybe he heard something that he is not supposed to/can't link back to. its a possibility, maybe someone took whistle cancelling and perfect shielding too far somehow. maybe someone is beating a vast majority of top players in a way that the character was not intended to be used.

i have no idea how this could be possible, but it could be whats going on.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Obviously NoJ is getting beat by his friend who plays Olimar and is just a sour crybaby. If not, it's just the latter part.

Mercury

Smash Apprentice
wow, i wish you smash noobs would learn how this **** works.

olimar isn't a broken character.

if you wanna see a "broken" character, go get Street Fighter 2 and play with Akuma. THAT'S a broken character; nobody had to sit and discuss whether he was broken or not, and compare him to the other characters in the game... it was just incredibly obvious from the second you use him, you think "wow this character ***** everything." he's just like ryu/ken, who are already good characters in themselves for those that don't know, but a LOT faster and with more damage. there is nothing that you could possibly do and no character you can pick to "counter" akuma, he's just clearly better than every character in almost all aspects, whereas i see marth and MK completely **** olimar.

just learn how olimar plays and he's pretty easy to kill, this comes from someone who mains olimar.

PS. WAC is not that good, and it doesn't affect pikmin, and i'm pretty sure everyone can perfect shield (not sure about latter, but it's an old tech everyone knows).

SKEET SHADY

Smash Journeyman
wow, i wish you smash noobs would learn how this **** works.

olimar isn't a broken character.

if you wanna see a "broken" character, go get Street Fighter 2 and play with Akuma. THAT'S a broken character; nobody had to sit and discuss whether he was broken or not, and compare him to the other characters in the game... it was just incredibly obvious from the second you use him, you think "wow this character ***** everything." he's just like ryu/ken, who are already good characters in themselves for those that don't know, but a LOT faster and with more damage. there is nothing that you could possibly do and no character you can pick to "counter" akuma, he's just clearly better than every character in almost all aspects, whereas i see marth and MK completely **** olimar.

just learn how olimar plays and he's pretty easy to kill, this comes from someone who mains olimar.

PS. WAC is not that good, and it doesn't affect pikmin, and i'm pretty sure everyone can perfect shield (not sure about latter, but it's an old tech everyone knows).

Olimar is definately in the BROKEN tier of brawl. Once you start seeing vids of a good olimar you'll agree. He has too many broken tactics that he can use. Pikmin, Up air priority, whistle armor, shield grabbing range....IT GOES ON FOREVERRRRRR

nyhustler208

Smash Journeyman
Olimar is definately in the BROKEN tier of brawl. Once you start seeing vids of a good olimar you'll agree. He has too many broken tactics that he can use. Pikmin, Up air priority, whistle armor, shield grabbing range....IT GOES ON FOREVERRRRRR
i disagree b/c all olimar need is pressure and he wouldnt be able to do almost nothing

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
NoJ-

I hate seeing everyone one hate on one person, especially if I'm not invited:mad:

Look, Olimar has not been made to where he is better than everyone else. Nor is it the case that Olimar is too suck to be played to be banned, Guy was never banned in SF. What I'm trying to say unless you know a freeze glitch or some sort of broken tech that you are with holding,

Shut up about banning it's not funny! (no johns)

Top Bottom