• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To any For Glory Players who have fought someone named "Juuyoh"

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
This is going to be a bit of a little experiment of mine. Sadly, it's going to be a bit personal and if you want me to delete this thread, then I shall do so but I might not be able to do it on my own (that's why admins exist).

First off, if you've ever seen this guy named "Juuyoh" on For Glory recently, that very ******* is me.

Yes, I know there were times I've played fuking awful, and that I've tried my best. But in the end, I assume all of you who beat my ass deem me to be some piece of crap that should never play Smash 4 ever again on 3DS.

Perhaps. Or not. I don't know.

But if you want to be right about me never touching this game again all because I get salty very easily, then for sure it's because all of you who smashed my ass in have worked much harder than me at this game.

I have a poor learning process and have no idea what kind of goal to achieve without spending years on it, and I have other things to do in life that are possibly more important.

Basically, yes, I'm a ******. A complete salty-****** who can't control his emotions and for sure needs to be dictated by players who crushed his bum on For Glory because he tried but couldn't do anything.

Others instead saw me as this guy who posts some salty posts. But now that I look back to it in my current state when typing this.....perhaps I really should stop playing this game. It's not making me any better as both a player and a person. I simple apology on that field won't work because many people are already annoyed with my mentality....

Even if I made smart plays, they were futile in the end because of course, I'd lose in the end and you'd laugh. I'd get salty and sometimes taunt, and you'd beat my ass in harder. Simple.

And no, I don't own the Wii U version. I assume plenty of people want me to sell my Smash because this.

And so, via the horrible matchmaking system and lack-of-communication of For Glory, I wonder what people think of me? (Pssst, the answer is "kill yourself cause you're a disgrace to Smash")

Perhaps it's a rant, perhaps it's not. Either way, I'm dumb and upset with myself ever since I lost to a certain player....and then I searched up his name and saw him on YouTube....
I realized that when he was a tournament player......he had every right to mock me that time.

P.S. I'm not going to ask for help because frankly I've been such a saltlord on the posts I've done, which I assume doesn't give me any right to do so.....it's all my fault anyways.

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
hmmm. Sounds like you just gotta stop taking these things to heart. Particularly the part where you care about how others see you.

No one cares if you play bad. The only one who should care is you. So focus more on you and less on others. Once you get over that you'll pay more attention at your skill. You'll start finding all sorts of things about your play style.

Try to focus on your opponents play styles instead (strategies ,patterns, flaws, areas they excel in, ect) and work your play style with/around theirs. We all get discouraged at times, that's only natural. Taking breaks from the game can help with that. Coming back after a hiatus can result with you having a different/positive mindset.

I know what i'm saying isn't easy either. Changing your mind and bad habits will always take time. But it is possible to do so. So work at it at what ever pace you can.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
What if I said that I can't fight Jigglypuff/Purin at all? I'm sure you think that after all the BUFF THE PUFF spams I could deal with one of the worst characters of the game, but nope I'm just that horrible when it comes to dealing with those who can taunt away at me.

Face it, you have to already be good at Smash in order to have fun on For Glory. Friends popping on and off are inconsistent at best and it'll take years for me to get good since I have to waste a lot of time to do so. I'd basically have to turn into a hermit and throw away more important things in my life.
From there, I'd rather sandbag to waste every ***hole's time instead of having my effort go to waste so hard; even when I sandbag people are bothering to teabag and taunt me all because they're winning.

P.S. Whoever is named Ruby Rose on 3DS For Glory, you deserve to tell me to slit my throat and die for each taunt you do on me for each kill you get.
Also, the tournament player I met on For Glory was most likely XenoShulk. Props to you to tell me to die.

I'm just never going to be good at Smash due to how ******** I am, and others have worked very very hard for this game compared to me. It's not going to happen.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
I mean, if you think that people are beating you because they've "worked very hard at this game", then like, idk, maybe working hard yourself might help? Or, it's not exactly something to be ashamed of either that someone has been playing this longer than you and so has had more time to improve.

What do you do exactly to try and get better anyway?

also wii u version>3ds version

Leoinu

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Leoinus
Bro I think you need to put the 3ds around and walk away from the computer. Youre saying some pretty disturbing **** all over a video game

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
I mean, if you think that people are beating you because they've "worked very hard at this game", then like, idk, maybe working hard yourself might help? Or, it's not exactly something to be ashamed of either that someone has been playing this longer than you and so has had more time to improve.

What do you do exactly to try and get better anyway?

also wii u version>3ds version
There is such thing as diminishing returns. Sometimes just playing the game isn't enough; you have to know how to effectively practice which I feel I lack the knowledge and/or motivation to do so (blame that part on Omni's vid about "should you quit school for Smash?").

I'd basically have to give up my life in order to get good at the game, and there's better things for me to do.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
There is such thing as diminishing returns. Sometimes just playing the game isn't enough; you have to know how to effectively practice which I feel I lack the knowledge and/or motivation to do so (blame that part on Omni's vid about "should you quit school for Smash?").

I'd basically have to give up my life in order to get good at the game, and there's better things for me to do.
I am aware that just playing is often not enough. If you are also aware of this, and know that you don't exactly have the means or time to effectively improve, then why are you getting so worked up about your FG performances? What good does it do you? Why does being not good at Smash mean you're some piece of ****?

You'll find that the answers to those questions are: "you shouldn't", "none", and "it doesn't".

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
I am aware that just playing is often not enough. If you are also aware of this, and know that you don't exactly have the means or time to effectively improve, then why are you getting so worked up about your FG performances? What good does it do you? Why does being not good at Smash mean you're some piece of ****?

You'll find that the answers to those questions are: "you shouldn't", "none", and "it doesn't".
That's because they always taunt and teabag after a kill. That means I should sell my Smash then.

They've worked hard just to be like Nairo to body anyone who comes across them and assume everyone they fight is a scrub that has to be punished and provoked into doing stupid **** for montages.

I keep getting beaten up by those same people 24/7, always losing and always getting provoked because I didn't work as hard as they did.
And they have every right to tell me to slit my throat because I didn't air dodge or time my smash attacks correctly.

I would get very salty and ranty about this than right now, but of course I have to instantly assume everyone who does that to me has played enough at tournaments meaning they are good enough to tell me to eat crap.

Playing online nowadays = getting beat up just because I play online against those particular people. I'm just not good enough to back myself up anymore.
If that's the case, those very same players can steal my whole house if they want. They literally piss on my grave because of them beating my ass in with ease.
This is why I'd rather sandbag than actually put up effort, because they'd smack my face in like they're my abusive parent whenever I do something.

Last edited:

Acrete

Smash Cadet
That's because they always taunt and teabag after a kill. That means I should sell my Smash then.

They've worked hard just to be like Nairo to body anyone who comes across them and assume everyone they fight is a scrub that has to be punished and provoked into doing stupid **** for montages.

I keep getting beaten up by those same people 24/7, always losing and always getting provoked because I didn't work as hard as they did.
And they have every right to tell me to slit my throat because I didn't air dodge or time my smash attacks correctly.

I would get very salty and ranty about this than right now, but of course I have to instantly assume everyone who does that to me has played enough at tournaments meaning they are good enough to tell me to eat crap.

Playing online nowadays = getting beat up just because I play online against those particular people. I'm just not good enough to back myself up anymore.
If that's the case, those very same players can steal my whole house if they want. They literally piss on my grave because of them beating my *** in with ease.
This is why I'd rather sandbag than actually put up effort, because they'd smack my face in like their my abusive parent whenever I do something.
Not everyone who beats you is a tournament player. Some people are just naturals.

If you have a learning disability then perhaps Smash is not the game for you. Go play something a little less challenging.

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
The number one thing to remember when playing any sort of game online is:

"There is always going to be someone better than you". (Of course, also that it's just a game, too)

You have to take a deep breath and realize this. No matter how good someone is they will eventually meet their match or meet someone in a entirely different league of their own. It happens to everyone. Everybody tries hard to get good at a game, especially if they are very passionate about said game. Everybody wants to be an amazing player with great skill but a lot of those folks either don't want to put in the time or effort, or get upset far too easily that they aren't improving as fast as they want to or whatever.

You are not the only one to feel these frustrations or problems. It happens to a lot of folks, myself included.

You're going to feel like you aren't improving or feel like you're as good as you are going to get at it. It's incredibly frustrating to see yourself lose to something so stupid, or feel powerless against someone who wipes the floor with you. Skill doesn't hit you like a ton of bricks, and sometimes you just don't preform as well as you should. This is just the natural process of getting good.

It takes a lot of patience. And I do mean a lot of it.

And yes, some people are going to have an easier time learning a game than others. Most people have gamed their entire lives, and depending on the games they've played most might already have certain skills needed because they've already learned them by playing other games. No one just has this special "I can do everything so easily" skill/gift. A lot of people may seem like naturals, but you really don't know their side of the story at all. You don't know what they've been through or done to get so good at it.

I've been drawing for about 10 years now and I still consider my skills very average at best. When I look at others artworks I do get very envious and wish I had the skills they have; however from the artists I've actually been able to speak with most have literally drawn each and every day if their lives to get that good, whereas I just don't draw as much as I should or need to get better.

Point is, don't just assume they're great just because they're great. Don't get so envious to the point it makes you feel terrible.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, please quit assuming everyone is out to get you. That is not a great mindset to have especially when gaming. Just because someone beat you doesn't mean they think "Jeez this guy so so ****ing terrible and he should never even touch this game". Yes, For Glory may have it's cancer and Trolls but there are a lot of nice and understanding players too. Who knows, maybe they understand and know how you feel about losing. Everybody remembers how they used to play. We've all been there before to be honest.

You also really have to come to a realization that there are going to be very ****** people online.

They're going to insult and degrade you because they can. And why not? They're hidden behind a screen. You can't touch them, they can' get into actual trouble, and you certainly can't do anything back at them. It's why so many people do what they do online. There's no fear in getting caught and punished. After all, what's the worst that can happen? They get banned? Oh nooooo...

So of course people are going to act out like they do. It can annoy you and upset you a bit, but there's literally not much you can do about it to begin with so why let them destroy your self-esteem like that? Why even care what some random player thinks anyways?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, if you are clearly not enjoying yourself maybe you should stop playing. Games are meant to be enjoyed after all. You should be able to relax, have fun, and be able to do something you love. If you are only experiencing rage, depression, and more then it might not just be for you. It might suck and you may not want to quit, but it's better than tormenting yourself like that, ya know?

Anyways, if you read through this super long post completely, great. If it helped encourage you, that's great too. If you didn't read through it, or if what I said doesn't matter to you well I guess I typed all of this up for nothing. Either way, I hope things get resolved.

Last edited:

K~SAN

Smash Cadet
NNID
SANHEK
3DS FC
2595-1379-4854
LOL this is the best troll thread EVER!

K~SAN

Smash Cadet
NNID
SANHEK
3DS FC
2595-1379-4854
Well, yes. I am a troll if you claim it so.

And if you deem me to be on that level that's below a normal human being, then I guess that's true too. : P
I had a good chuckle reading through this thread dude :)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
What if I said that I can't fight Jigglypuff/Purin at all? I'm sure you think that after all the BUFF THE PUFF spams I could deal with one of the worst characters of the game, but nope I'm just that horrible when it comes to dealing with those who can taunt away at me.
Jigglypuff is tricky, so you don't need to think of yourself as a bad player.

Face it, you have to already be good at Smash in order to have fun on For Glory.
I don't think so. You just need to realize that you win some and lose some, and to not take it personally. If you want to improve, you can do so in a relatively short time. All you need to do is keep track of what you're doing wrong and correct those errors.

Friends popping on and off are inconsistent at best and it'll take years for me to get good since I have to waste a lot of time to do so. I'd basically have to turn into a hermit and throw away more important things in my life.
No you don't. If you want, you could spend two hours a day. That's not taking your entire time. I don't have friends to play against. I have my brother and people on FG.

From there, I'd rather sandbag to waste every ***hole's time instead of having my effort go to waste so hard; even when I sandbag people are bothering to teabag and taunt me all because they're winning.
If you'd rather sandbag, then that's what you're going to get. If you want to improve, then you need to work for it. No one becomes a good player over night.

P.S. Whoever is named Ruby Rose on 3DS For Glory, you deserve to tell me to slit my throat and die for each taunt you do on me for each kill you get.
Also, the tournament player I met on For Glory was most likely XenoShulk. Props to you to tell me to die.
Um, those people sound like douches.

I'm just never going to be good at Smash due to how ******** I am, and others have worked very very hard for this game compared to me. It's not going to happen.
First, stop calling yourself a ****** and stop letting any perceived limitations of yourself get in the way. Second, think about what you're doing wrong and correct it. People become better at something because they take time to do so. Expecting to suddenly be a good player is wishful thinking and unrealistic. Third, **** everyone else.

nooch33

Smash Rookie
Son, it sounds like you have some psychological shortcomings you need to get over that are way outside the scope of smash. Not a big deal, you just have to realize that your way of thinking is not healthy or beneficial and want to change it. If you're really getting that angry, start working out or get a punching bag and listen to Black Flag or something. If you don't enjoy playing the game, don't play it. If you enjoy it, then who cares what some kid on the internet says to you man.
I have a serious anger problem, but after you've spackled enough holes in your wall you realize its time to grow up, take a deep breathe, and accept the reality that you're getting your ass beat in a virtual game.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Well, now a guy named Rafa is getting me mad.

I guess he's worked so long and hard to show off his tech and to smash people's faces in. People like mine, just to prove he's like Nairo-senpai.

And wow, okay, ANOTHER tournament player here to prove I'm such a dumb *** at this game.

I thought I wouldn't get as mad again after a while, but it seems whatever tournament players I find feel like they're Muay Thai trash-talkers who tell me to give up on everything and even living just because they've practiced for their life and I haven't.

I mean, like I've said before...I'm a stupid piece of crap. Pretty much a mediocre casul with no place in life lol

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Well, now a guy named Rafa is getting me mad.

I guess he's worked so long and hard to show off his tech and to smash people's faces in. People like mine, just to prove he's like Nairo-senpai.

And wow, okay, ANOTHER tournament player here to prove I'm such a dumb *** at this game.

I thought I wouldn't get as mad again after a while, but it seems whatever tournament players I find feel like they're Muay Thai trash-talkers who tell me to give up on everything and even living just because they've practiced for their life and I haven't.

I mean, like I've said before...I'm a stupid piece of crap. Pretty much a mediocre casul with no place in life lol
You really need to give context on "Tournament player".

It seems like the majority of the opponents you face seem to be Tournament level players, so I'm not sure if you're just exaggerating due to anger or if they really were that good. People can come off as really good but not be at Tournament level.

Next: I already said this before, but if you clearly aren't enjoying it then it's not worth continuing to try.

At the very least you need to avoid For Glory. For Glory can be a down right frustrating place to begin with, and with your attitude and how things get at you so easily it seems to be a very toxic mode for you. If I remember right you only play the 3DS version, correct? They have a Thread here specifically on SmashBoards where you can find opponents to go against on the Forums.

I'll make it easy for you: "The 3DS Friend Code Sharing Thread: Find Opponents Here"

I hate to sound harsh, but at this point it just feels like you want to complain solely to complain. It's okay to vent and be frustrated. We all need to do that from time to time; however no one likes it when someone complains about the same thing over and over. People have tried to give you advice in this Thread and a few have tried to be supportive too. I feel like if you actually started searching for opponents here instead of going to For Glory (which OBVIOUSLY isn't a good choice) it'd open up a lot of doors.

- You'll meet friendlier (and more skilled) people here.
- You could actually communicate with them.
- You can genuinely ask them for advice and they can tell you exactly what you're doing wrong.
- You can even make a friend here whom you can Smash frequently with.

Seriously. Use SmashBoards to your advantage. There's character threads where you can ask for additional advice on how to play the character better OR advice on how to deal with them. Stop beating yourself down when you have the options available.

It's just a game. Everyone improves as long as you put in the work. Don't beat yourself down because of a loss.

Okay? Okay.

Last edited:

Xandra

Smash Cadet
NNID
xandrasmash
Remember, it's just a game. If it makes you feel better, my mom always had to remind me when I was younger that sure, there would be girls out there prettier and smarter than me, but that didn't mean I was worthless. There are people that are going to be better than you, but that doesn't mean you should just quit and give up!

First of all, it doesn't matter how other people see you. What matters is you improving yourself. It's okay to lose; losing is part of life. Even the greatest Smash players have lost to other great Smash players. And it's not because they suck, it's just because it's life and it happens. No one is perfect so please don't expect yourself to be.

Now, if you want to actually get better at the game, look no further than YouTube or Smashboards itself. There are character threads if you want to learn specific characters or focus on them, or combo videos and things like that on YouTube. You can also ask for help; I'm sure many people in the community would be willing to lend a helping hand - but only if YOU'RE willing.

Last but not least, always remember, you don't have to be perfect, okay? Losing is okay. And having a bad attitude, while there's no real excuse for that, is understandable because you're human and you dun goof just like the rest of us. It's not to late to change dude, it never, ever is. All you have to do is want to change and then put in the work and dedication to do so. And this is coming from someone with depression who struggles everyday with this kind of thing. So if I can do it, then you can do it too. :)

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Yeah...I'd put that game away for a while if I were you, hun. The more their words bother y'all, the less likely you'll enjoy the game. I'm no competitive player myself but I don't allow losses and insults to consume me. The only thing that matters is you have fun with it.

But if y'all want to continue playing, stop selling yourself short over a loss and letting their insults bother you. It's never too late to better your game, sugar. There are resources aplenty here to work with like everyone here says. Use 'em well and your opponents won't have much bad to say about you next time. Now, you'll continue to take losses here and there but it's only going to make y'all better from here.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Well, regarding tournament players, I basically google their name and I notice their said names on some YouTube videos. XenoShulk was a prime example in terms of him being a beast Roy player : P

Funny enough, I ran into this Ike player named Victor who taunted at me a lot whenever I failed against him.
I then searched up his name on Goggle as "Smash 4 Victor Ike" or something like that, and turns out that guy was a solid Ike player from Project M.

It made me start to realize most of these big name players seem to actually be complete ***holes online for some damn reason. I just look back at most of my stress with a laugh tbh, and I seriously wish Smash 4 didn't make me get so angry again. Cause it was me getting my ass handed by XenoShulk that made me very upset at myself and started this "troll thread" in the first place, and since then those losses have made me more meh to the game....albeit ONLY for a short time.

And now as I'm typing this, this Captain Falcon player named "Her ?" is most likely going to make styled-on Smash montages of me that will dictate my life's worth lol; I bet he thinks I'm such a n*****r I should literally kill myself lol.

Part of the sole reason of this thread was to see if there was anyone who I fought that was active on this site that had very bad impressions of me, especially when there's someone on reddit bound to talk **** about "this guy who actually tries and doesn't roll spam but he's so damn bad lol".

Meh, I'm just a paranoid dumbass though.

I hate to sound harsh, but at this point it just feels like you want to complain solely to complain. It's okay to vent and be frustrated. We all need to do that from time to time; however no one likes it when someone complains about the same thing over and over. People have tried to give you advice in this Thread and a few have tried to be supportive too. I feel like if you actually started searching for opponents here instead of going to For Glory (which OBVIOUSLY isn't a good choice) it'd open up a lot of doors.
Yeah, that's a very very bad habit of mine; and because I keep doing such dumb things I'm sure I've ruined even more impressions towards me.
And I've also realized I'm a very lazy idiot lol; I would add a lot of these friend codes, but me being able to ask for a group smash tends to be very inconsistent and I often play alone very often due to this.

P.S. I'm guessing my latest weaknesses are "devout Nairo-senpai followers who have to troll and mess up everyone they come across while training for their taunt-boding arts" and "Charizard/Lizardon users who smite any player unfortunate that comes across them for the sake of Introspektive-senpai"; I find it all stupid and a bit funny to think back to lol

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Yeah, that's a very very bad habit of mine; and because I keep doing such dumb things I'm sure I've ruined even more impressions towards me.

And I've also realized I'm a very lazy idiot lol; I would add a lot of these friend codes, but me being able to ask for a group smash tends to be very inconsistent and I often play alone very often due to this.
Look, we all do a lot of stupid ****.

No one is perfect and it's just natural for a lot of us to jump onto the idiot train sometimes. We're human.

To be honest it shouldn't matter whether or not you've ruined impressions of yourself. Instead of focusing on that you should focus on showing us you're working on getting better. Impressions can change, and so can people. And stop being so lazy because you really won't improve if you aren't willing to put in the work to do it. You have to be willing to do a lot of work and have patience.

Point is, if you're tired of feeling like you suck a Smash then fix it. You don't have to be the next pro player or anything.

Just work on getting better, and once you see improvement it should boost up your confidence.

Machii

Smash Apprentice
Can't take online play seriously. The vast majority of people playing so far after launch are players abusing the input lag and omega stages. It really is a poor setting to compete.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
*sigh* This sugar pie is pretty far gone if he keeps this up. Let me just say this and get it over with:

In the world of online gaming, you will have trouble.
Y'all can't avoid it; y'all can't get around it
But you can live through it

That said, if y'all want to quit, go ahead. We can't do anything about that. But whatever you decide to do, I'm praying for you...

Top Bottom