• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To Abuse Spin Dash/Charge Or Not To Abuse?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
If you play well and can use it properly...sure. If you just chuck laps and don't actually do anything with it...perhaps learn how to use it right before continueing its use.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Depends on who you're playing against `.`;

Campy counter-attacking person (someone who can grab/hit you out of spindash or counter ASCgrabs with smart dodging) - do not abuse as direct approach.
Dodge-happy person - abuse feints and go for grabs/punishments
Bad reflexes/predictable/creates openings(landinglag, etc) - abuse altogether: you'll rack up damage faster and get the game over with quicker..

R4ZE

Smash Ace
truth is that the dash moves are versitile enuff that you can usually catch people off gaurd with them, especially if you use them sparingly... and the fast that you can deal around 30% or more with a spin combo, its definately good to try n land one or 3 per life.

but realisticly... its best to use all of sonic's approaches, and making up some odd ones along the way helps too.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I wouldn't say ABUSE..maybe use alot...mostly because it can do so many things. ASC is a good approach, then of course the Spin Dash shield cancel, and the ASC shield cancel...Spin Dash eats projecticles. Spin Charge is fast, and you can go to an attack, SH attack, SH HA, so many options. Obviously use it less if someone keeps knocking you out of it.

CUsmasher2011

Smash Journeyman
I agree with R4ZE in using spin dash/charge sparingly.....and when you do, use it close up. My opponents are able to shield against it, or use other attacks to put it to a halt (Ex: Marth's counter, Wario's Bike, Ice Climbers Ice Shot).

However, I have also seen people who will shield whenever you use Spin Dash/Charge, whether you let hit them with it or not. Later in the match, they try to use their shield and can't without enduring the risk of breaking it. Could the dash/charge could be used as a mind game by just going back and forth in front of the opponent, or is itjust wasted movement that isn't really worth it?

Tenki

Smash Hero
I agree with R4ZE in using spin dash/charge sparingly.....and when you do, use it close up. My opponents are able to shield against it, or use other attacks to put it to a halt (Ex: Marth's counter, Wario's Bike, Ice Climbers Ice Shot).

However, I have also seen people who will shield whenever you use Spin Dash/Charge, whether you let hit them with it or not. Later in the match, they try to use their shield and can't without enduring the risk of breaking it. Could the dash/charge could be used as a mind game by just going back and forth in front of the opponent, or is itjust wasted movement that isn't really worth it?
charging spindash at a distance eats more shield sometimes than actually attacking it.

Only vs bad players though.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Never ever try to abuse the spincharge/spindash.
Why?
Its gets too easily predicted and you really want your attacks to count.
it googd as a method of baiting but you really should not abuse it persay.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
shadow link is right. i play a gaw couple times a week coz we are mates and my hit % on spin charges etc gets lower and lower and it gives them more time to figure out the best way to punish u out of it.

Top Bottom