• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TMNT: Smash Up. A fighter by Brawl developers

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Does this not just scream "Casuals?"
You mean the 4 person free-for-all? That's in Smash as well. And the highly visible aura sounds useful for when both people are playing turtles and that you can only tell them apart by their badanas and weapons.

However, I'm pretty positive that everybody can agree that the stages seem casual. Even though Smash has tons of gimmicky levels, there is only one stage announced for TMNT:SU that doesn't look gimmicky and we don't know if it has a gimmick or not. That stage is Battlefield inspired, but it's so much larger than the actual BF that the main platform is actually bigger than Final Destination's. Definetly a campier Battlefield.

The three-tier Japan level looks like a neat stage to fight on as long as the fires don't affect the match too much. Either way, it's definetly my favorite stage that's not a rehash of a Smash Bros stage. I might even make a stage like that on Stage Builder.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I'm glad to see that Wii is starting to get more hardcore games, but I kind of hope this game comes to PS3 too, so I don't have to deal with friend codes.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Someone needs to go and find a list of all major villians and allies who were in their comics.
Casey Jones
April O'Neal
The Shredder
Karai
Leatherhead
Miyamoto Usagi
Nobody
The Triceratons
The Ultroms
The Fugitoid
Renet
Savanti Romero

Vorguen

Smash Champion
What was the name of that brain thing inside that huge body? I can't remember his name no matter how hard I try but he was a pretty cool villain. I miss TMNT, sometimes I still play the SNES game just because it's so fun.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd buy it

I'll make up a roster of characters I think should be in

Also, you are thinking of Krang.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
April
Baxter Stockman
Bebop
Casey Jones
Chrome Dome
Donatello
Foot Soldier
Krang
Leatherhead
Leonardo
Metal Head
Michelangelo
Rahzar
Raphael
Rat King
Rocksteady
Screwloose
Shredder
Slash
Splinter
Tokka
Wingnut

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
BTW, to the person that brought up "No more heroes" or whatever it was called...

The original TMNT games had pizza that restored health...

They came out WAAAAAAY before "No more heroes" or whatever. In like, the late 80's, early 90's.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Squirtle and Bowser could both be in, because they are both turtles.
Just kidding, but it would still be super awesome and Squirtle would be my main if that happened.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OK, characters that are needed include:

Miyamoto Usagi
Shredder
Bebop
Rocksteady
Baxter Stockman (Fly)
Rat King
Slash
Metalhead (The turtle robot, apparently there is another Metal Head)
Man Ray
Mondo Gecko
Foot Soldier
Traag
Chrome Dome
Krang
Casey Jones
Leatherhead
Tokka
Rahzar
Karai
Super Shredder
A punk frog (Doesn't matter which, they all look the same)
Armaggon
Mona Lisa
I'll think of more later

Darkslash

Smash Master
They came out WAAAAAAY before "No more heroes" or whatever. In like, the late 80's, early 90's.
Yea uhh.... you know its common knowledge that the Turtles are pizza junkies. I was saying that No More Heroes had Pizza and it was a awesome game. Thus Smash Up will continue the tradition of games having pizza only to restore heath will equal win.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I wish they'd hurry up and say more about this game so I can decide if I should get my hopes up. Is it going to be an original game with similar elements to Smash Bros., or is it going to be a complete Smash Bros. clone?

And if it is a Smash Bros. clone, I'm still skeptical, because think about how many crappy Mario Kart clones there are.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I sure hope Mikey's good because I want him to be my best character. Rising Thunder would be a beastly USmash or USpecial.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I wish they'd hurry up and say more about this game so I can decide if I should get my hopes up. Is it going to be an original game with similar elements to Smash Bros., or is it going to be a complete Smash Bros. clone?

And if it is a Smash Bros. clone, I'm still skeptical, because think about how many crappy Mario Kart clones there are.
Well the Developers of Brawl are doing it so it won't suck becuase you got people who worked on the original product. So YESH, it won't suck. Floating was Sakurai's idea.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just remembered that Triceraton is actually in the Mirage comics and actually predates the teenage mutant ninja turtles.

He may also be a good character to add to this...

He's a friggin' Anthro-Triceratops

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Let's just hope that they ditch the tripping mechanic. It was just another one of Sakurai's new ideas that failed terribly along with the SSE. It doesn't mean that all of his ideas are bad. Kirby and Smash Bros are very excellent ideas of his. While he can innovate well for Kirby (many games in one for Super Star, copy ability combining in Crystal Shards, and drawing lines as ramps for Kirby to go up on in Canvas Curse), many of his innovations for Brawl (SSE, tripping, stickers, more trophies, Masterpieces, and keeping Falco when they now got Wolf who is much more iconic and important to the SF series than Falco is instead of putting in Krystal with an original moveset. Not to mention that Wolf and Falco have the exact same moveset potential as well, so they could just ditch Falco) sucked hard.

But as long as Sakurai isn't in charge, I'm pretty sure they'll get rid of tripping. There's already no SSE.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There's always the odd good clone, such as Diddy Kong Racing for Mario Kart, and Banjo-Kazooie for Mario 64.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
There should be less 80's cartoons, and more original comic/2003 cartoon characters... a.k.a. the original ones. :p

Darkslash

Smash Master
s than Falco is instead of putting in Krystal with an original moveset. Not to mention that Wolf and Falco have the exact same moveset potential as well, so they could just ditch Falco) sucked hard.
Krystal was the biggest **** up Rare ever did.

Well from some screens it looks like their ranged attack's are throwing their weapons. Lol

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There should be less 80's cartoons, and more original comic/2003 cartoon characters... a.k.a. the original ones. :p
Well, I don't know the comic's characters too well, but I'm pretty sure all the important characters from the comics have been used in the 80's cartoon...or in the least added to the 2003 cartoon.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Krystal was the biggest **** up Rare ever did.

Well from some screens it looks like their ranged attack's are throwing their weapons. Lol
You're just afraid that Krystal could replace Wolf. Worry not, since she could just replace Falco and have Wolf stay, since Krystal has more potential to have a unique moveset than Falco. Well, let's hope that they make some non-campy stages for TMNT.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Yea, let's not talk about Star Fox or this will get closed. Anyways, my hopes is high for this game, the Wii needs the core gaming charm back.

Darkslash

Smash Master
You're just afraid that Krystal could replace Wolf. Worry not, since she could just replace Falco and have Wolf stay, since Krystal has more potential to have a unique moveset than Falco. Well, let's hope that they make some non-campy stages for TMNT.
Uhhh Nooo... Thanks to krystal we have furries, who didn't even like Star Fox as a game and just look at the Characters or even worse. Now please let this argument die or continue through PM's.

Okay so, we have the sewers as a stage, New York city roof tops as well from the released screens. So what do else do you think can get in? Shredder's Room from the 03 Cartoon was big and could be the new FD.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Official Teenage Mutant Star Fox Turtles discussion. Win x 10!!!!

On topic: TMNT2 turtles in time for the SNES had a bunch of really good stages. They can get hundreds of ideas from there.

There's always a lot from Shredder's secret underground to do.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
I don't want to go off topic but I want to rectify some ignorance...

Uhhh Nooo... Thanks to krystal we have furries, who didn't even like Star Fox as a game and just look at the Characters or even worse. Now please let this argument die or continue through PM's.

Okay so, we have the sewers as a stage, New York city roof tops as well from the released screens. So what do else do you think can get in? Shredder's Room from the 03 Cartoon was big and could be the new FD.
No - furries have existed prior to Krystal - in fact, Krystal didn't add furries at all - they only liked Krystal but never the others. That doesn't make them a furry at all. Still, she's not as popular as what many people thinks.

Anyway, just a random info - Shredder is really just a one-shot villain. :p

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
In the original he was really just a one-shot villain.

The 80's cartoon probably read only that part. And he sucks. He's like Starscream.

At least in the 2003 version there are others.

Darkslash

Smash Master
In the original he was really just a one-shot villain.

The 80's cartoon probably read only that part. And he sucks. He's like Starscream.

At least in the 2003 version there are others.
But Starscream can kick ***..5% of the time :p

P.S I didn't know Shred was one shot. Though it could just be that guy who kills the main character's father, kill that guy and never heard from again.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, I just read that the real shredder died off the first time he was revealed in the comics.

Technically, he wasn't really "One-shot" since, apparently the foot made some kind of clones of him.

In the least the foot weren't once-shot, and the only really cool member of the foot is Shredder.

Also Starscream is my favorite transformer

Top Bottom