• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tires Don Exits

Umby

Smash Master
Let's just not speculate on Sonic's tier position at the moment. **** is too biased for now. A tier list made by a group of sensible people will come along in a number of years, so stop worrying about it.

Boxob

Smash Champion
While I agree with this completely, I don't think this needs it's own topic. D:

*bowser F-smash*

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
PERSONALLY, I PREFER TIERS.

No, but seriously, you don't need a tier list to show Sonic's weaknesses. It's all statistics you can see for yourself. Though, just because Sonic's worse than most doesn't mean you shouldn't play as him.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
if brawl was half as balanced as melee, then tiers wouldnt be an issue.
unfortunately, brawl is one of the most imbalanced games I've ever played.

I think a good topic would be: is smash really even supposed to be a competetive game?

nintendo has a history of making games that revo9vle around chance: mario kart, mario party, even smash brothers with items on is unarguably a game based on chance.

so maybe it was never at all inteneded to be a competetive game.

Umby

Smash Master

I think a good topic would be: is smash really even supposed to be a competetive game?

nintendo has a history of making games that revo9vle around chance: mario kart, mario party, even smash brothers with items on is unarguably a game based on chance.

I think the original idea was, "DUDE, DO YOU REALIZE HOW MANY GAMES WE COULD SELL WHERE LINK IS FIGHTING MARIO???!!"

thecatinthehat

Smash Master

Inbalanced!?!? Melee was 20X worse.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
I don't see the prob with having intelligent tier discussion. Speculating is fun. But people shouldn't be unreasonable about it. Yea. I personally like to discuss tier related stuff because I don't believe tiers are as set in stone as some people make it out to be, so its fun to discuss even if I don't take it seriously.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
yuh freakin rite. atleast every1 can wavedash. its not like brawl where ddd can jus chain grab donkey accross the stage and back until 300% and then just kill him.

Ic's can chain, falco, and donkey can freakin throw people against the lip on FD and kill them.

the only thing like that in brawl was roy's instant kill on jiggly, and that was ONE thing. but jiggly could kill roy at like 30% with the down b anyway.

i could go on... but i guess its kinda pointless to argue melee vs brawls balanced-ness, especially here.

Tiers do definately exist, but i mean... its kind astupid to discuss it becuzz most people dont agree on them, mainly because no1 has seen the BEST player as each character...

NO, as a matter of fact, no1 has really seen tha BEST player as ANY character, because no character has been fully mastered. and the game's mechanicc/glitches/techs havent all been discovered. so really he is right, everyone should just shut up about tiers, because right now it will be changing really fast anyway.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
yuh freakin rite. atleast every1 can wavedash. its not like brawl where ddd can jus chain grab donkey accross the stage and back until 300% and then just kill him.

Ic's can chain, falco, and donkey can freakin throw people against the lip on FD and kill them.

the only thing like that in brawl was roy's instant kill on jiggly, and that was ONE thing. but jiggly could kill roy at like 30% with the down b anyway.

i could go on... but i guess its kinda pointless to argue melee vs brawls balanced-ness, especially here.

Tiers do definately exist, but i mean... its kind astupid to discuss it becuzz most people dont agree on them, mainly because no1 has seen the BEST player as each character...

NO, as a matter of fact, no1 has really seen tha BEST player as ANY character, because no character has been fully mastered. and the game's mechanicc/glitches/techs havent all been discovered. so really he is right, everyone should just shut up about tiers, because right now it will be changing really fast anyway.

lol I just got pwn'd. Good points there.

TheLake

Smash Master
I think if anyones gonna teach competitive folks a lesson its sonic. Jab then stall under the stage FTW ^_^

Browny

Smash Hater
No, but seriously, you don't need a tier list to show Sonic's weaknesses. It's all statistics you can see for yourself.
and thats why everyone is wrong

Look at Lucarios stats on paper, he looks amazingly weak. in game however hes nigh untouchable and can combo like everyone else wish they could. those are the sort of stats you cant see for yourself. Sonics stats look weak, compared to someone like Falco. go watch that mr 3000 vs Sethlon video and see what difference it makes. Superior in almost every aspect, including a painful chain grab doesnt mean anything when tiers dont take into account playstyles.

Top Bottom