• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips vs Ness?

Akimbosawce

Smash Rookie
Sup guys, I've been playing for around a year now, and have most of the basics down as a cf main. My friend plays ness and it kind of ****s with me since I have no idea how this matchup really works and theres not a whole lot out about this MU. I still win most of the time and the time I lose is mainly because I dont really know how edge guarding ness works. I've been mainly trying to catch him with a fading nair then go in for a jab or grab so I can set up for some up airs and hopefully a knee.I keep getting caught up by his bat or an aerial, so if anyone could either link me to some matches or give me pointers I would really appreciate it

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Stick a boot in his ass like Uncle Sam. Get used to DJCs and anticipate them. When you feel confident you can read them SHFFL a knee to punish him before he can attack.

Max?

Smash Champion
Get Ness above you and destroy him with your bigger hitboxs and moves. When he's offstage he should be dead. You can just jump out while he's upbing and smack him, or even eat his PK thunder and recover while he dies.

Last edited:

KrustyKurt

Smash Cadet
a cool trick you can do on FD if they have a fresh stock is down throw chaingrab across the stage and then nipple spike them when you get them off stage

just watch out for his dash attack and his forward air, up airs juggle him nicely and he kinda sucks. that bat is pretty nasty when you're off stage though

Akimbosawce

Smash Rookie
a cool trick you can do on FD if they have a fresh stock is down throw chaingrab across the stage and then nipple spike them when you get them off stage

just watch out for his dash attack and his forward air, up airs juggle him nicely and he kinda sucks. that bat is pretty nasty when you're off stage though
yeah I get caught by the bat sometimes and it urks me since I feel like I should almost never be hit by it unless the ness gets a hard read. For now I dont have any issues with this particular ness players anymore, refined my tech a bit and I started 3/4 stocking on the reg by just changing it up every time I approached and found the weaknesses of ness real easy. Just need to learn the harder matchups now >.>

Kidney Thief

Smash Journeyman
To be fair Ness has a lot of bad stuff but it doesn't mean all he has is bad. He's got djc and bat and bair and yo yo glitch and a few other trick in his sleeve. You can't automatically count him out

Akimbosawce

Smash Rookie
To be fair Ness has a lot of bad stuff but it doesn't mean all he has is bad. He's got djc and bat and bair and yo yo glitch and a few other trick in his sleeve. You can't automatically count him out
I completely agree with you, if I were to play a random ness player in tourny I wouldnt be exuding with how free it would be. I just know that these particular ness mains dont know a lot of tech with him and do the same combos/recovery options every single time, so reading them has become extremely easy to do

Top Bottom