• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips vs. a good R.O.B?

MyRevenge.

Smash Journeyman
I've recently been having a bit of trouble vs. ROB...
His air seems to have a lot of priority over falco's moves... and maybe its just cuz i was on wifi... but it was pretty hard to chain grab him....
Any tips would be appreciated :D

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I've recently been having a bit of trouble vs. ROB...
His air seems to have a lot of priority over falco's moves... and maybe its just cuz i was on wifi... but it was pretty hard to chain grab him....
Any tips would be appreciated :D
Hey, if anyone has any info on this it would be great, one of my friends has been using a lot of R.O.B lately, and I'm having a lot of trouble with him myself

R.O.B as far as i know can not be chain-grabbed, well at least not effectively, spiking is also very difficult due to his insane recovery, so I've been focusing on up-smashes and up airs to get my kills, on a side note make sure to keep him at bay with Falcos shine, whenever you have some distance between you and him, shine, shine like your life depends on it, it will eliminate his projectile game.

R.O.B is giving the most trouble out of all the characters as of now, not like he's unbeatable, but you have to adjust your play style in order to fight him well.

ellelaby's younger brother

Smash Apprentice
Hey, if anyone has any info on this it would be great, one of my friends has been using a lot of R.O.B lately, and I'm having a lot of trouble with him myself

R.O.B as far as i know can not be chain-grabbed, well at least not effectively, spiking is also very difficult due to his insane recovery, so I've been focusing on up-smashes and up airs to get my kills, on a side note make sure to keep him at bay with Falcos shine, whenever you have some distance between you and him, shine, shine like your life depends on it, it will eliminate his projectile game.

R.O.B is giving the most trouble out of all the characters as of now, not like he's unbeatable, but you have to adjust your play style in order to fight him well.
This I agree with.

Play an air/ground game. Very spacy and use lots of lasers to rack up damage.

deadringers

Smash Cadet
Do not waste your time trying to chain grab rob past 40%. When rob is at 0% you cah chain throw him 2 times to a free back flip to whatever you want to follow up with, this usually racks 35-50% depending. As for taking him in the air dont try it, youll end up dead. Take him on the ground his projectiles are usless if your a descent falco soo try that and lemme know what you think. If the rob attemts to side step down smash do not approach with smash attacks instead when you get up close use the ballerina dance of death ( just hit the 'A' button so when he sidesteps he takes 9-12% its descent punishment.

gammonwalker

Smash Cadet
I play ROB and Falco's laser definitely will contribute to your win. ROB's mobility is very low and you'll find its real easy to rack up dmg on him that way.

Lord0fCookies

Smash Rookie
My buddy plays ROB all the time, and the one thing I've found is that he loves to spam lasers. Like it was already said above, i just shine like crazy to eliminate his laser game. Also i've found that approaching him from the air is a bad move...the best approach i've found is to run at him and short hop air dodge. Or mindgame him into a well placed smash attack. Either way, ROB is by far one of my hardest fights. I'd love for more advice to play against him too

Iwan

Smash Ace
Honestly? R.O.B gives almost any character a hard time, mostly because he has broken hit boxes on all of his aerials and he is, all around, a borderline broken character.

lol :p

Kidding....he's annoying but not unbeatable. You won't be able to chain grab R.O.B, so your best bet is to SHDL if there's distance, and try to get him with an usmash or uair for KO's. Although, when you pursue with your uair...watch out for his dair : /. He's hard to spike too, because of his ridiculous recovery. Umm...another thing that works well is a dair into a dsmash. That works nicely. Just play him smart.....

aka, watch out for the often spammed "spot dodge>>dsmash" from R.O.B. **** you sakurai....

Tonyyyyyy

Smash Cadet
RAR'ng him will go right above most of his attacks where he swings his arms around like a queer and is quite effective vs him. Also, standard Bairs also work well when he's trying to recover if you do it fast enough that a good player doesn't know exactly when it's coming.

Like said above spam lasers and shines. Also falco's ballerina A tap (or whatever you want to call it) is really effective against him since he's so big and immobile.

His Fsmash and Usmash are both good for KO's, I would probably save Dsmash for when he's teching into you.

Massiveguns

Smash Apprentice
ROB is a huge threat in the air, but what i really like about this matchup is just running away
ROB is known for being a HUGE camper... well its our job as falco to make him pay for that if u keep lasering ROB he will have to aproach someday and his aproach is shotty at best (D air works nicely on aproaching robs and RARIng BAir's will usualy win a prio war like some1 said). In my opinion this is a good matchup for falco simply because of how amazing SHDL works here, god does rob hate it. hope that helps

aquteen

Smash Ace
Don't take him on in the air too many disjointed hit-boxes (his nair stays out long enough that an air-dodge wont always dodge it) When on the ground DONT try and roll behind him you will eat a Dsmash every time.

MyRevenge.

Smash Journeyman
Thanks again for all the tips everyone, they're really helpful :D
Haven't seen much about edgeguarding... any suggestions?
Might be too hard... sort of like meta knight...
Just spam lasers on the stage I guess?

Top Bottom