• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips on Winning as Pit on Luigi's Mansion

solesoul

Smash Apprentice
I have a feeling that this will be one of the most seen counterpicks against Pit players. Playing here destroys any hope of an arrow spam, and when combined who beat you in both range and power, this is a nightmarish stage for me to play at. I generally have a strong melee game, making full use of my jabs, rapid a, f-tilt, and d-tilt, and finishing with a F-Smash. In fact, the only finishing move i can use here is the F-Smash, because I can do almost no aerials here.

Can anybody offer any sort of advice on this?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Not sure how to win this is a very good counter pick against pit you could destroy the house but it comes back to fast and that takes to long.

thehunger77

Smash Rookie
In fact, the only finishing move i can use here is the F-Smash, because I can do almost no aerials here.
I may be wrong but if I remember correctly I was able to SH aerials in between the floors of the mansion. Other than that I'm not very sure how to play well on Luigi's Mansion.

drag0nfeather

Smash Journeyman
OH MY FRICKIN GOSH! THIS STAGE IS AWESOME FOR PIT.

Stay on either side of the stage. You don't have to curve arrows at all! It's all flat. Stay on the bottom floor because people on the bottom have a higher advantage. If your opponent is on the level above you, use your Uair beneath them. THIS STAGE IS AWESOME FOR PIT.

It's perfect for glide attacks because you can traverse whole storys. Whenever I do aerials, it doesn't require me to be higher than a story in Luigi's Mansion. You can do short-hopped aerials PERFECTLY fine.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
OH MY FRICKIN GOSH! THIS STAGE IS AWESOME FOR PIT.

Stay on either side of the stage. You don't have to curve arrows at all! It's all flat. Stay on the bottom floor because people on the bottom have a higher advantage. If your opponent is on the level above you, use your Uair beneath them. THIS STAGE IS AWESOME FOR PIT.

It's perfect for glide attacks because you can traverse whole storys. Whenever I do aerials, it doesn't require me to be higher than a story in Luigi's Mansion. You can do short-hopped aerials PERFECTLY fine.
What do you mean by that first part "stay on either side of the stage. You don't have to curve arrows at all! the arrows hit the support beams and then go away other then that i like it but it hurts the arrows soooo much.

Terradrius

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't playing against the best of people (nor am I all that great), but I had success using my >B in the part with the solid ceilings. They can't DI up out of it since the ceiling restricts it, plus it blocks off that whole part, making it much more difficult to punish. It was particularly awesome since I was playing against a Dedede, but I imagine it would be fairly effective against most people. Plus, as Dragon said, uair works well through the solid ceilings.

But yeah, the arrows are much less helpful than average here. It's frustrating. :(

Corigames

Smash Hero
I destroy half of the house and play from there. when that half comes back, I destroy it again. I don't worry about knocking the whole thing over, because that leaves you open too long. Playing luigis mansion is like playing the opposite of Skyworld.

Sky - Destroy blocks so that when the come back later they kill someone
Luigi - Destroy house and kill before it comes back

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Play the damage game. Stay in the middle of the stage and work up damage on your opponent while taking whatever they dish out. You're just as hard to kill as he is so at some point you both will be at a killable percentage.

I know that sounds really stupid but it works for Pit. Work the Forward Tilt in as a kill move and allow your Smashes to be your damage dealers. It will come down to a close match but Pit does have the advantage against most characters when it comes to this strategy. Mainly because Pit can dish the damage if he throws caution to the wind.

Top Bottom