• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips on how to beat Marth

Quingfang

Smash Rookie
I've read the post made by ROFL, which was actually very helpful because my main is Luigi, but I'm still looking for a few pointers.

Playing true to Marth-ish form, he spams his F-smash, but also his down smash. What do you suggest I do to counter this?

-Quing

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
You want to just approach his range and then shield. Don't fly in so close to him that he can grab you, just get close enough that he'll be able to hit your shield with fsmash or dsmash. Once he does it, wavedash towards him and grab. Combo from there ~

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Theres no possible known way to beat marth.

Binx

Smash Master
You have two options, play shiek, or play marth. In all seriousness if he spams smashes what you do is get kind of close but not close enough to get hit, jump high fallinto almost getting hit range and double jump he will forward smash and miss, and then you kick him in the head, once he gets used to this you can just run in and grab him because he will be expecting a jump, or if you can wavedash that would be better, in all seriousness though Luigi is pretty countered by marth, even at a low level of gameplay, If you know he does one thing alot, find out why it works against you and trick him into using it and punish, thats how you two will improve, you just have to find a hole in his strat.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
wavedash with sheild somtimes.
tempt him with a fire ball.

Or the best way is to........wavedash taunt attack.ZOMG da sheild breakerz

DALegendarySauce

Smash Journeyman
Luigi is too slow to fight marth.

The only way to get around this is to get good at wavedashing and use that instead of running.
Having command over short and long wavedashes will help you.

Once you have overcome the problem of not being fast enough to close the range, a good way to kill him is to bair him off the level and edge hog.

I like wavedashing in with a jab to protect my entry. then try to be fast enough to jab more or grab depending on the circumstance.

It sounds like if you are getting beat by a downsmashing marth then it'll be hard for you to beat him with luigi, so because of this, I will teach you a tricky technique.

use down B as close to the ground as possible as you land, and then make him fear the mobility of that. *it hits twice, don;t forget!*

and pray for misfire on your recovery.

Top Bottom