• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips on battling a pit user

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Hey everyone. Hows yerr sunday? :)

Okay so my little brother and I play video games. Im seventeen and have a social life so in recent years Ive stopped playing for hours non-stop. And he hasnt. He can beat me at almost every game, except Smash bros, and Pkmn. These are my domains. But he knows my technique! My battle style. So i need some help guys, my brother is a cheap lil b****** and I REALLY WANNA WIN HIM! >:p

So he plays as pit, the character that makes meta-knight look fair. He likes to use that spinny move that blocks everything, and he constantly uses his reflecter sheild. His favorite was to win me is to volley me in the air. So how do i get around Pits annoying reflections and my brothers torcherous volleying?

I know how to use the R button pretty well, but that doesnt always break his constant volleying. Should i try a new character?

I play as: Mario, Pikachu, Kirby, Ice climbers and sometimes sheik. Is my charcter selection bad against Pit? Im good with every character basically, with the exeption of King Dedede, Snake, sonic and ness/lucas.

Really my skills have the potiental to be great but, i need your help smashboards! D:

link2702

Smash Champion
LOLOOLOLLOOLLLLOLOLLL did you just say that pit makes mk look FAIR!??!!?????/

lol..you sir have never played a real mk user.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
LOLOOLOLLOOLLLLOLOLLL did you just say that pit makes mk look FAIR!??!!?????/

lol..you sir have never played a real mk user.
Nope, i havent! Now tips, or go! :)

link2702

Smash Champion
Pit has horrible range, and has a hard time killing, plus he's fairly easy to kill cuz of his lightweight.

chances are your bro isn't to smart if he's just constantly spamming angel ring, its very easy to punish when predicted, and if he's spamming it enough, then honestly you should have his pattern down of when he's gonna use it. either jump over him and nail him with a back aerial attack(or...really anything, angel ring has fairly bad ending lag, if you're using IC, for gods sake dude, grab him, learn the IC death grab, and get the timing on pit down, you'll put your brother in tears when he's hopelessly being chaingrabbed with no possible escape, and just watch as you kill em when his damage is at around 150 ) also chances are he probably uses only his Up b to recover, thats one of the most idiot mistakes a noob pit can make, pit can NOT use his Up b again after being hit in the air, unlike most other characters, he HAS to land on solid ground again before he can use it, real pit mains only use wings of icarus as a last ditch move to recover, and they try to get as FAR away from the enemy as possible so as to avoid getting hit.

if you've knocked your bro offstage, and you see him use Wings of Icarus, jump out there and hit em with the fastest attack your character has, it honestly does not matter which one it is, because if he gets hit, he's doomed, you want a move thats quick, so you can get back to the stage yourself.

those are tiny ones atm i can think of, i'm tired, so i can't think of alot more to say, and honestly wanna get back to playing monster hunter tri :3 so...dats all, go look on the boards of the characters you main for more help, chances are they have a matchup discussion on pit, honestly from what you've said, your bro seems to be a noob, just read what he's doing, learn to get his pattern so youc an eiither roll behind em when he uses AR, or jump over him, and he'll eventually start getting beat bad.

but really, if you want to torture him, juts go ice climbers, learn their broken chaingrab, and use any chance you get to get a grab in, and take it, you'll ruin his day fast doing that.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Pit has horrible range, and has a hard time killing, plus he's fairly easy to kill cuz of his lightweight.

chances are your bro isn't to smart if he's just constantly spamming angel ring, its very easy to punish when predicted, and if he's spamming it enough, then honestly you should have his pattern down of when he's gonna use it. either jump over him and nail him with a back aerial attack(or...really anything, angel ring has fairly bad ending lag, if you're using IC, for gods sake dude, grab him, learn the IC death grab, and get the timing on pit down, you'll put your brother in tears when he's hopelessly being chaingrabbed with no possible escape, and just watch as you kill em when his damage is at around 150 ) also chances are he probably uses only his Up b to recover, thats one of the most idiot mistakes a noob pit can make, pit can NOT use his Up b again after being hit in the air, unlike most other characters, he HAS to land on solid ground again before he can use it, real pit mains only use wings of icarus as a last ditch move to recover, and they try to get as FAR away from the enemy as possible so as to avoid getting hit.

if you've knocked your bro offstage, and you see him use Wings of Icarus, jump out there and hit em with the fastest attack your character has, it honestly does not matter which one it is, because if he gets hit, he's doomed, you want a move thats quick, so you can get back to the stage yourself.

those are tiny ones atm i can think of, i'm tired, so i can't think of alot more to say, and honestly wanna get back to playing monster hunter tri :3 so...dats all, go look on the boards of the characters you main for more help, chances are they have a matchup discussion on pit, honestly from what you've said, your bro seems to be a noob, just read what he's doing, learn to get his pattern so youc an eiither roll behind em when he uses AR, or jump over him, and he'll eventually start getting beat bad.

but really, if you want to torture him, juts go ice climbers, learn their broken chaingrab, and use any chance you get to get a grab in, and take it, you'll ruin his day fast doing that.
Hehe thanksss :) Im gonna look that sh*t up right now!

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Well, this might not help you you, but here's one way to fight a spammer: Everytime he does his forward special, punch him in the face. Not in the game, in real life. This will make him flinch and stop attacking for a second, giving you an ample window to attack-Depending on you're opponent, you can even pull off a falcon punch this way!

In all seriousness though, Pit's forward B is extremely predictable. You should be able to see it coming quickly enough to get out of the way, jump over him, and quickly hit him from above. in the ending frames of his forward B, that's inescapable.

iLSA

Smash Cadet
This probably isn't the most useful piece of advice ever, but this is just a back-up plan in case you can't master the IC's death grab. (And I'm assuming you play with a Gamecube controller.)

So let's say that he's at 0 percent. If it turns out that he will try to reflect any time of projectile, try this tactic. Use the standard special (mini glaciers) on him, and if/when he reflects them wait for his forward special to wear off. Immediately grab him and mash the A button until his percentage is around 8%, then slam the c-stick downwards repeatedly until the entire move is over. If done correctly, you should pull off a weird move where as soon as Popo throws him down, Nana should do a down-smash, doing about 20-30% more damage total. Repeat, but as his damage climbs try mashing the A button longer before using the c-stick.

When his damage is around 100-125%, you can try another tactic to finally destroy him. Drive him to the edge of the stage and grab. Mash the A button again, but this slam the c-stick to the side. This should make Nana do an F-smash (assuming you didn't lose her already), and that should be the end of him.

If he learns your pattern, figure something out. As for volleying... Well, you got me there.

Hope this helped!

Zeroxius

Smash Lord
Step 1: choose Meta Knight.
Step 2: press B.
Step 3: Repeat step 2 until he is a percent over 100.
Step 4: Down smash or up b.

But no really. If you are pika, wait for him to unleash angel ring. Hop behind him and thunder. Or alternatively unleash a FALCON PWNCH instead. It should be easy as cake if you just wait for him to make a mistake and then retaliate to it and punish with ANY character.

Karcist

Smash Journeyman
With Mario, side B his angel ring as soon as he uses it and there's a free smash for you when he turns the other way. (pretty sure this works but not sure so you may want to test it)

fUddO

Smash Ace
With Mario, side B his angel ring as soon as he uses it and there's a free smash for you when he turns the other way. (pretty sure this works but not sure so you may want to test it)
Actually, just Forward Smash him after you get out. It outranges Angel Ring but a pretty huge margin, so spacing isn't really an issue. Trust me, I've learned it the hard way.

GanonkingAbyss

Smash Apprentice
idk who else can do it, maybe link or other ppl with swords, but if ur mk u can sdi out and dsmash them through his side b :p

Top Bottom