• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips needed

Sheik2102

Smash Rookie
Hi, I have just started playing jigglypuff and i was looking for some tips. I usually just shuffle fairs and try to rest. If you have any tips on what i should try to do with jigglypuff, please help. Thanks.:)

dudutsai

Smash Lord
The OP was a bit vague, but normally, the best way to start with a new character is to first watch videos of matches and try to copy them. After a solid playstyle is developed, start watching combo videos and try to pull off some of the combos you see....

I hope that helped, but ask more specific questions for more specific answers.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I guess I'm in the same boat as the OP so I'll ask some questions here. Some of these will probably sound really nooby but oh well I'm just learning jiggly.

I'm still having some trouble hitting with SH rests sometimes. Does anyone have a diagram showing what its hitbox looks like? It'd be nice to see it or get a good description maybe just to help me out a little bit.

I can get reverse Nair to rest combos out pretty decently but I have a lot of trouble with Dair to rest. Sometimes I get it and sometimes I don't. Do you have any tips on how to space it better or better times to use it or something?

What do you do when someone DI's your Uthrow or Dthrow? You can't quite reach them with rest if they DI all the way so is there some kind of alternative move that's best to do if they do DI it correctly?

Which am I better off doing: CC to rest against opponents attacks or shield to SH rest? Or rather in what situations do either of these work best?

What jigglypuff players should I watch? I've mostly just watched The King and Mango. I don't really know if Jigglypuff has really different playstyles from player to player like Fox does but it'd be nice to see some other good ones.

Thanks in advance!!!

Deathknight

Smash Ace
When a Fox or Falco DIs your u. throw, pound them. If you d. throw, it'll be very rare that the person won't DI enough. Most characters just go for combos with U. air and F. air. Be careful against Marth though, unless you're really fast to react out of the throw, you're going to get slashed. Though I have my own problems. I cannot beat Marth with Jiggs for one reason, F. throw to tipper. No matter how I DI, I always seem to get tippered yet I never see this happen to good Jiggs players.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Know when they are going to grab. This will both make it harder for them to grab, and when they do fthrow, you will be ready to DI out IMMEDIATELY.

lolz I still can't beat Marth for my life though.

Manny G.

Smash Journeyman
OK Jiggs is my semi main and he owns in the air. Just get ur opponent in tha air and use tha wall o pain and any attack possable 2 keep thas opponent off tha stage. use up+grab and up+air for a wall o pain. Trust me he/she may not look it but it is 1 of tha bestest characters.

tickytoc

Smash Apprentice
a great rest combo that is very hard for people to di out of is the falling Uair-Lcancel-Utilt-rest. that is by far my favorite. and if you are a new jiggs. i suggest to just spam back airs until you learn to use them effectively and then encorporate the Uairs and Nairs. and make sure you practice WOP. that is the jiggs best weapon. hope i could help

tickytoc

Smash Apprentice
I'm still having some trouble hitting with SH rests sometimes. Does anyone have a diagram showing what its hitbox looks like? It'd be nice to see it or get a good description maybe just to help me out a little bit.
and the center of jiggs body has to be touching part of the other guy in order for rest to work.it just takes practice

MaNg0

Smash Hero
watch king videos thats what i did ^_^

and watch mango vids 2

i hear hes pretty good ^_____________^

tickytoc

Smash Apprentice
haha yea. and mango why dont you come out with a combo video with jiggs. i havent seen one of your jiggs yet. king's rest in peace was pretty darn good

Jibeuz

Smash Cadet
I know that AUA combo (to rest) on Marth are very effective. And for me the easiest way to rest, imo is the pound to rest but the L-cancel AUA> U-tilt > rest is quite effective too.
I like the edgehop to rest wich works well on noobs ! ^^

Top Bottom