• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

tips for wario main

aleckermit

Smash Cadet
NNID
aleckermit
A great way to end neutral: Approach after sending bike, D-air onto grounded opponent then up-tilts followed by up-airs and/or up-b (a much better move than in Smash 4, and you land pretty safely on top platform of battlefield). Spacing with f-air and f-tilt works very well. Nair is pretty safe and consistent. Dash attack, fake away, dash back in.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Neutral air is probably one of Wario's best moves to use in neutral. It has a ton of active frames, is fairly safe to use, and the second hit from his belly allows for an easy follow up.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Bite people more.

Wario easily conditions people into shielding with his spammable aerials, which means free biting opportunities. Bair in particular is something people will start shielding often due to it being one of Wario's only options with decent range and also the highest kill power of any of his aerials, but a turn-around bite fixes that.

The fact that it heals him now almost always make it a better option then his standard grab since it does comparable damage and has higher knockback then forward throw, on top of it eating spot dodges (Which normal grabs are thwarted by).

Last edited:

popemanz

Smash Apprentice
play like pikachu in the air plus up air to juggle neutral b jumps to fake a shield out side b for recover thorwing and heal eat down b kill at 30 if off stage DO NOT DOWNSMASH IT HAS TO MUCH END LAG IF YOUUSE IT AT LOW PERCENTS THEY CAN PUNISH YOU ANYWAYS WITH THEY'RE OWN F-SMASH

Last edited:

Alexplz

Smash Rookie
Bite people more.

Wario easily conditions people into shielding with his spammable aerials, which means free biting opportunities. Bair in particular is something people will start shielding often due to it being one of Wario's only options with decent range and also the highest kill power of any of his aerials, but a turn-around bite fixes that.

The fact that it heals him now almost always make it a better option then his standard grab since it does comparable damage and has higher knockback then forward throw, on top of it eating spot dodges (Which normal grabs are thwarted by).
How does the frame data compare between bite and normal/dash grab? I could check this myself I suppose. I imagine one disadvantage is that bite does not throw tech.

popemanz

Smash Apprentice
How does the frame data compare between bite and normal/dash grab? I could check this myself I suppose. I imagine one disadvantage is that bite does not throw tech.
like one frame better but heals

popemanz

Smash Apprentice
settle for the third waft if you can kill

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Oddly, the bite is actually able to throw tech on its earliest active frames (I saw it happen in one of Gluttony's matches).

As far as its frame data goes, it actually comes out just as fast as normal grab and faster then dash grab.

How do you eat the bike?
You just bite it.

If time permits, it's more productive to destroy it (Preferably by throwing into your opponent's face) then eat the bike parts for extra healing/waft charge, though.

Last edited:

popemanz

Smash Apprentice
Oddly, the bite is actually able to throw tech on its earliest active frames (I saw it happen in one of Gluttony's matches).

As far as its frame data goes, it actually comes out just as fast as normal grab and faster then dash grab.

You just bite it.

If time permits, it's more productive to destroy it (Preferably by throwing into your opponent's face) then eat the bike parts for extra healing/waft charge, though.
did you not follow the thread it doesn't charge any more

Rakurai

Smash Ace
The game specifically states that eating bike parts charges the waft, as they're classified as items.

It's projectiles that don't do anything.

popemanz

Smash Apprentice
The game specifically states that eating bike parts charges the waft, as they're classified as items.

It's projectiles that don't do anything.
I need to read those

Last edited:

popemanz

Smash Apprentice
oh the bite also stays if you hold it soo if you think they will spotdoge then eat'em then yeet'em

Top Bottom