• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for playing against Ike/ Marth/ Roy/?

Lord Puff IV

Smash Rookie
Approach with jumping then Down B (Bubbles), then grab him and start your little combo. Or If you are feeling a little more advanced wavedash back and forth, run into marth/roy/ike then wavedash back make him miss his Smash Attack. Continue doing it, just run into him then when his attack animation starts wavedash back then forth. Continue to play this mindgame then the next time you Wavedash forth quickly press Side B and BUM start your combo!

Repeat it until he starts shielding when you wavedash forth so now instead of Side B go for a clean Grab. Now you got him inside your game so repeat it but do different things sometimes the Side B, others the Grab and another go for Down B. Also the N-Air (Neutral Air) works good on them.

I reccomend :
Side-B --->Neutral Air--->Fast Fall--->L-Cancel--->Down Tilt/Down Smash--->Any Air Attack

If he's at low percentage 30-60% thrown him up and continue with an Air Attack, if he's at high percentages 120-140% go for the Downthrow.

Practice wavedash to grabbing the ledge. Also time when to release the ledge so they can't grab him and fall.

WhiteKnight

Smash Cadet
NNID
Stealthfox2
in my experience (as a marth main), if you use your bubbles to build marth up and then get him into the air, you can do some serious juggling w/ up smash and aerials.

Life

Smash Hero
Go to a relatively big stage so you have space to dance around their swords.

Keep them in the air, as all three of them are vulnerable there.

Mr. Fabulous

Smash Cadet
Definitely learn to sweetspot your recovery. Recovering high can work, but try not to rely on it. I used to struggle a lot with these matchups but I actually don't think they're that bad. Just work on your bait and punish game (Squirtle has an excellent one) and don't be afraid to go deep for offstage kills - none of the FE characters have very good recovery.

BlueGreenBrown

Smash Cadet
Definitely learn to sweetspot your recovery. Recovering high can work, but try not to rely on it. I used to struggle a lot with these matchups but I actually don't think they're that bad. Just work on your bait and punish game (Squirtle has an excellent one) and don't be afraid to go deep for offstage kills - none of the FE characters have very good recovery.
Except against Ike, who can f-smash people even though they are sweet spotting -_- This is good advice though.

Top Bottom